• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best Orlando Resort

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
We’re going to Crystal Shores Sept 1 - 6, sun to fri and was thinking of maybe spending fri and sat in Orlando because it’s a lot closer drive home to Tennessee from there and gives us a chance to try out MVC in Orlando. We are new to MVC.

Which resort would you guys recommend? It’s just the two of us.

Thanks as always

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
For couples, I'd try out Lakeshore Reserve. It's the most upscale and you have access to the JW Marriott and Ritz-Carlton properties and restaurants next door.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Definitely Lakeshore. With the short notice and a weekend there is only a 3BR available right now on Marriott.com so the second choice would be Cypress Harbour (2BR). Wasn't sure if you were booking there or with DC Points.

A third option I would say Grande Vista. It is so big it has something for everyone. Or one of the Palms which to me are an extension of the World Center rather than it's own resort, especially Sabal.

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
Thanks for the suggestions. It would be with points.

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
We stayed at The Royal Palms in July 2017. It was quite nice. There were shuttles that would take us to Marriott World Center and we had access to all facilities at Marriott World Center. We could dine at Marriott World Center and bill it to our room at The Royal Palms. This helped us acquire large amount of Marriott Rewards points (now BONVOY) during our timeshare exchange. We are now considering a trip back to Orlando in March 2021 and staying at Lakeshore Reserve. Would the JW and Ritz allow us to bill meals to our room at Lakeshore Reserve? Is there a shuttle comparable to the one at Marriott World Center?

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
We stayed at The Royal Palms in July 2017. It was quite nice. There were shuttles that would take us to Marriott World Center and we had access to all facilities at Marriott World Center. We could dine at Marriott World Center and bill it to our room at The Royal Palms. This helped us acquire large amount of Marriott Rewards points (now BONVOY) during our timeshare exchange. We are now considering a trip back to Orlando in March 2021 and staying at Lakeshore Reserve. Would the JW and Ritz allow us to bill meals to our room at Lakeshore Reserve? Is there a shuttle comparable to the one at Marriott World Center?

Yes we could charge back to the room at JW and Ritz. This was a couple years ago. Also there is a "shuttle" to the other properties. It is actually a golf cart that will take you to the other properties. And when you leave the JW or Ritz you call back to Lakeshore to pick you up.

It is not that far of a walk and there is a nice path along the lake connecting the properties.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you want. For best use of points, I'd take either Grande Vista or Lakeshore with a 1BR........but you will be throwing points out the window for a Fri/Sat stay in Orlando. I just checked and you can get Grande Vista 1BR for $109 per night using the 6VC code. It is $147 without the discount. Studios start at $80. Cypress Harbor is $138/187. Lakeshore has a 3BR for $237/322.

PAY CASH

Reactions: jme

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
Depends on what you want. For best use of points, I'd take either Grande Vista or Lakeshore with a 1BR........but you will be throwing points out the window for a Fri/Sat stay in Orlando. I just checked and you can get Grande Vista 1BR for $109 per night using the 6VC code. It is $147 without the discount. Studios start at $80. Cypress Harbor is $138/187. Lakeshore has a 3BR for $237/322.

PAY CASH
Oh wow! Thanks for the heads up on that. I didn’t think it would be that cheap!

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
September is the slowest part of the year for Orlando. Thus the prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Right now in Interval International Getaways you can stay the whole week in a studio for less than $300 with the $50 off special they are running, $400 or less for a 1bedroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
The "best" resort in Orlando is very subjective. Without a doubt, for us, the choice would me Sabal Palms.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The "best" resort in Orlando is very subjective. Without a doubt, for us, the choice would me Sabal Palms.
Grande Vista! :)

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, now we're weighing in........Grande Vista followed by Lakeshore and then Cypress Harbor. I don't think the others are even close in terms of quality and activities (other than Harbor Lake which was initially conceived as a lower brand with more of a kids/family environment). I've stayed in all of them. My favorite vibe is Cypress Harbor, but GV has so much more stuff. Lakeshore has the best units, but is boring to me.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
We love lakeshore for the units, non crowded feeling and that heated lazy river. Ee like the more laid back atmosphere.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
Thanks all for all your input. Can’t wait to try some of them out.