• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best months for travel to Israel

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
There's not much info here on TUG about travel to Israel that I could find. I'm just scheming and dreaming, but I know that my wife has long been interested in a trip to Israel (and possibly Egypt as well).

Anyone with advice on which months are best for travel to the Middle East and why?

This would most likely not be a timeshare trip. We'd probably take a tour, and perhaps tack on some additional hotel time in a major city (perhaps using our Marriott Reward points).

Suggestions and hints are appreciated.

CSB

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Summer months of July and August are extremely hot. The best weather is in October and April IMHO. If you go in April to Israel, be aware that if you go during Passover, many things may be closed for the beginning and end of the holiday. If you are on a tour, you would not have to worry about being stuck without food, transportation. Flights can be more expensive and harder to book because of the holiday so make reservations early. The winter months December, January can be cold, rainy and unpredictable but the weather is also dependent on the area. Israel is small but if you are in Jerusalem, it is cooler than Tel Aviv (due to the higher altitude).

I have not been there for quite a few years but my knowledge is based on my year spent there at university and family who live there.

I hope you have a wonderful time. It is truly a beautiful country.

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
I traveled to Israel in early December with great weather every day. We were in Egypt during Christmas, also with very good weather. I would only travel to Egypt during the wintertime, since any other time of the year can have very hot afternoons. Remember, almost everything of interest is outdoors and a long walk from the drop car/bus drop off.

Hope this helps!

nonutrix

CSB

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I talked to an Israeli last night who trained to be a tour guide and asked the question that you posed. He advised that the best months are February, March, April, October and November. Nonutrix had good weather in December but if you had a choice, I would stick to the months that GENERALLY have good weather. My friend said not to go in May.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Passover Dates

In 2009 Passover begins at sundown on Wednesday April 8 and ends at nightfall on Thursday April 16 in the Diaspora (Wednesday April 15 in Israel).

Passover Dates

Passover begins at sundown on:
• Monday March 29 in 2010
• Monday April 18 in 2011
• Friday April 6 in 2012
• Monday March 25 in 2013
• Monday April 14 in 2014
• Friday April 3 in 2015
• Friday April 22 in 2016