• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best island in Hawaii for kids?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going to Hawaii in September with our 2 7 year olds. First San Francisco for a few days then Hawaii. Planning on visiting HNL but what other island is great for kids? Not sure about a car in HNL but for sure in the other island. Need to stay at a Wyndham hotel as we have points to use. The beach is great but not the most important thing at the island. We live close to the beach and its hot all here. If we like it we will go back next year to a different island. Planning about 11 days in Hawaii.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Something to think of just visiting hnl the first time.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I find the other islands are wonderfully quiet. They are great for hiking, beach combing and chilling. Kids, I find, can only hack that for so long. On Oahu, they can take bus 55 and enjoy the day stopping at Dole plantation for kids, eat shrimp on north shore, see the bishop museum, the zoo, take a cheap surf board lesson, snorkelling, enjoy a catemoran around Waikiki, etc, etc. Every day can be fun filled and interesting. Oh yeah, check out peArl harbour can be a day. All accessible by The bus so you can sightsee too on the cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
That’s why I suggest the above pass. You can keep the kids going all day on the cheap. I think there are like 40 activities available. I get this pass every time I go to Oahu and I’m an old dude...

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Oh and don’t forget to go to the Polynesian cultural centre on north shore. Your kids can make a day of it just on that activity. Take bus 55 from the ala Moa Centre. It’s the main bus hub. A short walk from Waikiki. Bus 8 will take you there if you don’t want the short walk.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Frankly, the only time you will need transportation is to/from hotel and airport. Taxis are pricey in Hawaii. I just use the Roberts Hawaii airport shuttle.

The rest of the time I use the bus...and yes public transit there is called the bus.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the chances are that package will go on sale again? Tempting to buy now because of the sale. If we only stay on Oahu rent a car for some of the days. Next time visit another island as well as HNL.

To add an extra island is $105 each plus going to and from airport plus the time.