• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2019 ] Best II Resort trader

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
But you get 3 weeks in II every 2 years. 1,300x3 = 3,900 points, you are getting 4,000 points in two years.

Can you explain this further, please? I am basically II illiterate at this point, ha! Ask me anything about HGVC or WM, but II or RCI = :oops:

Or feel free to suggest a few good threads to learn more about this, if you have the time :)

Last edited:

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Yes, but hardly ever available. Prior to covid this year there was availability that popped up. I saw you ask about becoming a member to see sightings. Yes that’s the only way you can see sightings. Also, in 20 years I’ve NEVER seen units like WKORN or ARUBA Marriott in interval until I joined TUG and saw them in sightings. It is worth it! But also, do your part and if you things, list it. Help the community (after you book what you want of course lol)

@Shankilicious was asking about how to see sightings, I've been with TUG for years, but thanks for the reminder, it's time to
renew, going to do that now, now that I'm in the TS game again. lol

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for asking. I planned to update this thread once I pulled the trigger on something, and am sometimes nervous about announcing buying intentions before executing.

I have decided I am open to buying any of the following (possibly a couple of the following) but I am not in a hurry and looking for a bargain.

1) The Colonies Williamsburg 4BR LO, only 150 TDI Weeks (My conclusion is this is likely the best value purchase for me)
2) If I can get a bargain on it, my heart's desire (with limited compromise) is a Diamond Week at HRC Beach House in Key West
3) An EOY Contract for a Marriott 2BR LO for platinum week at Marriott Willow Ridge Lodge (Branson, MO) (seems like a decent trader with Marriott priority)

If anyone sees a bargain from a good seller on any of the above please PM me instead of replying to this thread. ;)

What I have listed is probably what I want at this time in order of desire. Getting all three would be way too much, too quick even if purchase prices were great. I might potentially go with #1 and then either #2 or #3 if I got only a bit carried away.

So funny, I was so ready to pull the trigger on an EOY Hyatt Key West resort, and I still may in the future, but decided at this time I really only wanted a trader and to also have access to "extra vacations" offered, as we like to do 3-5 night trips and the cost of hotels with resort fees are more than renting one of these last call weeks.
Good Luck

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
Can you explain this further, please? I am basically II illiterate at this point, ha! Ask me anything about HGVC or WM, but II or RCI = :oops:

Or feel free to suggest a few good threads to learn more about this, if you have the time :)
What he is saying is the point values are based on unit size and season. A platinum season for 2000 points for 2 years will give you 4000 points. This compares to a smaller unit with a different season which only gets 1300 points. You would need 3 years to get 3900 points compared to 2 years for 4000 points. In the example the MF's could be identical. So its better to spend more up front on a better season.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
So funny, I was so ready to pull the trigger on an EOY Hyatt Key West resort, and I still may in the future, but decided at this time I really only wanted a trader and to also have access to "extra vacations" offered, as we like to do 3-5 night trips and the cost of hotels with resort fees are more than renting one of these last call weeks.
Good Luck
If you just want a trader why not a low MF SBP? If you want the AC’s and getaways with the occasional exchange I’d go with a low cost Marriott unit or SBP. If i were to get a trader, it would be something that would be easily rented on the off years. I think Danny recommended a WLR which is a great unit to own.

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you just want a trader why not a low MF SBP? If you want the AC’s and getaways with the occasional exchange I’d go with a low cost Marriott unit or SBP. If i were to get a trader, it would be something that would be easily rented on the off years. I think Danny recommended a WLR which is a great unit to own.

Exactly what I went with... SBP EOY Gold Plus. In the future if I want to pick up a Hyatt unit, I will. But for now, went with the SBP

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Exactly what I went with... SBP EOY Gold Plus. In the future if I want to pick up a Hyatt unit, I will. But for now, went with the SBP
Excellent. So far with everything sighted, I’ve seen it all with my SVV. I’m sure the SBP will pull everything outside of the Marriott to Marriott priority.

scoutings

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where are we on this thread as WorldMark no longer appears to be an independent agency?

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
with Hyatt, you do not have the Marriott preference and you can see further out. I would look at a Marriott.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
with Hyatt, you do not have the Marriott preference and you can see further out. I would look at a Marriott.

I agree with this. If you want to be able to trade to Marriott resorts in II- I would buy a Marriott trader. The preference really makes a difference in getting the really good stuff. I bought a Marriott Harbour Lake 2BR Platinum in 2020 and have gotten the following trades so far:

Studio- 2BR Aruba Surf Club- April
Studio (re-trade)- 1BR Ocean Pointe- May
Studio- 2BR Grande Vista- Jan
1BR- 2BR Surfwatch- Sept

scoutings

TUG Member
Reaction score
II resorts I own:

Sheraton Broadway Plantation Platinum Plus small 1BR

Hands down the best II trader of my bunch is SBP. You can pick em up for free, get Vistana preference, inexpensive MF, deposits good for 3 years and you can set up searches 2 years out.

Hyatt is second best, your points go far and the underlying ownership is more valuable. But you get no preference for anything in II and can only search one year out.
Can one assume that a 2b trades same or better?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Can one assume that a 2b trades same or better?
The trading for SBP would be better but not necessarily twice as good and the difference in MF's is $471.83 vs $1107.09 (dedicated 2BR) or $1385.20 (2BR lock off).