• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best HGVC Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseam here, but I did a forum search, and didn't find a topic on point, so I figured I would ask.

Looking to go to Florida in August. Had a week in HGVC Maimi booked and then was going up to Orlando for a Vacation Village sales pitch - 5 day stay (trip pushed from April 2020). With COVID still going on, wife is a little apprehensive about Miami given recent news and a sales pitch at Vacation VIllage, so I figured I would change HGVC Miami to one of the Orlando properties and just do a week and a half in Orlando.

Now that you have more background than you need - what is the best HGVC location in Orlando? We plan on doing Disney for my daughter's 5th bday, but other than that, no plans. Just me, my wife, and five year old daughter.

Thanks.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is my 2 cents.

if you are doing Disney I would stay onsite, nothing beats staying onsite. If you are only going one day a HGVC resort would be okay.

Which one you should stay at depends on your other plans for the remaining time you are there?

Do you plan to go shopping, discovery cove or any of the other non Disney parks?

HGVC at Tuscany is located just next to an outlet shopping center. Prior to COVID the parking situation at Tuscany was a problem.

HGVC parc soleil is more secluded but if you have a car it’s not a problem. You can also get a room at a higher floor to experience the Disney fireworks but since Disney is not doing that right now that should not be the reason for choosing parc soleil.

HGVC las palmeras is not at family friendly as the others - so I heard I haven’t stayed there.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
But HGVC las palmeras is closer to Universal if that is your destination target.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
Hopefully you will have a car?

HGVC Sea World would be good for a long trip. It has easy freeway access going to/from Disney, and it is almost next door to Sea World. If the group were all adults it would be an easy walk to Sea World, but the desire to walk might depend on your daughter's endurance at the end of the day. Multi-day tickets or annual passes at Sea World are very affordable right now, so that might be a good way to fill in some of your days.

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
Tuscany, parking is great at all buildings. Bus stop to the front of the building that goes to most attractions. Two nice pools.

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will have a car. Will be driving down from NY. Disney will only be a one day thing. Just looking to take a vacation and relax and get away. We didn't go anywhere all of 2020. We plan on doing a week at our Wyndham TS in Newport in June and then this longer trip to Florida in August. We just need to get away. I doubt we will be doing very many attractions - my wife is fairly concerned about COVID and our 4 and a half year old. I happen to be fully vaccinated and my wife will get her second shot in another 3 and a half weeks. But it's our daughter we worry about. I don't even know if we will use the pools......

Thanks all for reply.

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
No offense but if your concerned about getting COVID do not go to Disney. Just my 2 cents.

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
No offense but if your concerned about getting COVID do not go to Disney. Just my 2 cents.
No offense taken. I am offering this info up because I want people’s two cents.
My thoughts on Disney is we are likely not going on any rides with our five year old, and will just walk around the park. I know it’s an expensive day just to walk around, but I think she needs to get out and deserves a vacation on her own. I figure that Disney requires masks and social distancing and is all outdoors so would be relatively safe. I can always cancel as it gets closer if need be

Magus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Elara, Paradise, The District, Kings Land; Craigendarroch Suites
HGV Seaworld is a very nice resort. It isn't that far to Disney (or Universal) and its basically beside Seaworld. I don't mind uber or driving so I've always thought DVC was too overpriced given the other options in the market. Anything florida and beach is general is likely to be swamped this summer. Orlando probably will be as busy as Miami Beach. The bad publicity with Miami was during spring break. In August you'll just have normal vacation travelers, not spring breakers so I doubt it'll make a big difference either way, but I expect both to be very crowded. I am predicting July-August in leisure areas will have higher occupancy /revenue than in 2019 (part of my job is to predict RevPAR for my company) between stimulus checks, huge unemployment checks and in the case of timeshares - so many 2020 points rolled over for free.

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
Agree, just got back from the Dells and it was crowded and crazy. If people didn’t have covid and were not vaccinated they have it now.

colatown

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseam here, but I did a forum search, and didn't find a topic on point, so I figured I would ask.

Looking to go to Florida in August. Had a week in HGVC Maimi booked and then was going up to Orlando for a Vacation Village sales pitch - 5 day stay (trip pushed from April 2020). With COVID still going on, wife is a little apprehensive about Miami given recent news and a sales pitch at Vacation VIllage, so I figured I would change HGVC Miami to one of the Orlando properties and just do a week and a half in Orlando.

Now that you have more background than you need - what is the best HGVC location in Orlando? We plan on doing Disney for my daughter's 5th bday, but other than that, no plans. Just me, my wife, and five year old daughter.

Thanks.
I did a presentation at Vacation Village in Palm Beach Shores once. Terrible experience, didn't buy but our presentation was very long and more full of lies and misrepresentations than any I have ever done.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score

Having been to Disney twice since this pandemic started, I question this comment? Why any reason to believe that Disney is any worse than anywhere else on the planet for the pandemic? IME, they are considerably better than most places aat enfocrinv safety protocols. Perhaps this is based on something substantiated?

Oh, an definitely no offense taken at your comment :)

Cheers.

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
I’m not saying Disney is any worse. I went to Sea World and Aquatica in October as well and I’m sure Disney has heaven better protocols.
I just don’t understand if people are so worried about COVID why they would venture out.
I’ve had COVID and I now have had the vaccine. I can tell you that influenza from 2 years ago was much worse. I don’t understand all the panic personally.
Again no offense just my opinion.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
The panic is that most are fine/mildly ill, but some have lasting effects, a friend has cardiac damage 5 months after covid and 2 friends/relatives died (both under 60).
I’d go to hgvc sea world. The pools are nice and it’s a very compact footprint. We are very covid cautious-DH is in medical field. I’d have no issues going to an outside pool/lounge chairs with a child.

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m not saying Disney is any worse. I went to Sea World and Aquatica in October as well and I’m sure Disney has heaven better protocols.
I just don’t understand if people are so worried about COVID why they would venture out.

Got it. Nothing to do with Disney, specifically. Just about going out anywhere. Understood.

I’ve had COVID and I now have had the vaccine. I can tell you that influenza from 2 years ago was much worse. I don’t understand all the panic personally.
Again no offense just my opinion.

And you're certainly entitled to your opinion. Of course, a quick look at the hospitalization and death toll from this pandemic as compared to the flu may well help with the understanding of "all the panic." Just saying :)

Cheers.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you are booking through RCI, keep in mind that although HGVC resorts are quite nice, there will be an extra $25 per day resort fee in addition to the exchange fee and points used.

Magus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
[COVID/Political]

Last edited by a moderator:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
[COVID/Political]

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
[COVID/Political]

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
[COVID/Political]

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
Yes me too. Anyways, all the Orlando resorts are about the same distance from Disney so it comes down to amenities in my opinion.

Magus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
[COVID/Political]

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes me too. Anyways, all the Orlando resorts are about the same distance from Disney so it comes down to amenities in my opinion.

Yup.and other locations one wants to visit in the area. We did stay at Sea World for a trip there for our niece's birthday. But ther resort and location were great for that.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.