• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best exchange company for late exchanges?

kckaren21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have enjoyed the wisdom shared on these boards over the years!

I have a question that I can't figure out where to post, because it doesn't fit into one exchange company:

What is the best exchange company for late exchanges (excluding RCI, which my TS is not on)?
I want to deposit a week in Las Vegas beginning 11/30/18. Is there an exchange company that gives better late exchanges?

I'm leaning on the community, because I don't have time to research them all (II, SFX , DAE... and others I don't know about!)

Thanks!

Karen

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Karen - please post the name of your timeshare.

kckaren21

TUG Member
Reaction score
My timeshare is Tahiti Village, Las Vegas, and I am a weeks owner, so I'm not on RCI, just II.

(The Owner Update salesman tried to get me to change to points for $7,000 so I could be on RCI - like really?? I can't imagine anyone falls for that!!)

Thanks Denise!

Karen

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
The best chance to get a late exchange is by working with an exchange company that has a robust inventory, which is going to necessarily steer you to the two big dogs--II and RCI. While RCI has the largest number of resorts it works with, II is generally considered to have not only a large number of resorts in its portfolio, but also a very high quality inventory. It works with Marriott, Vistana/Starwood, and Hyatt. RCI works with Hilton and Disney and, more recently, Welk.

My own inclination would be to recommend II. They've always has good choices for me, even if planning within 90 days.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have enjoyed the wisdom shared on these boards over the years!

I have a question that I can't figure out where to post, because it doesn't fit into one exchange company:

What is the best exchange company for late exchanges (excluding RCI, which my TS is not on)?
I want to deposit a week in Las Vegas beginning 11/30/18. Is there an exchange company that gives better late exchanges?

I'm leaning on the community, because I don't have time to research them all (II, SFX , DAE... and others I don't know about!)

Thanks!

Karen
I would use II, better resorts, more inventory. Be aware you will be making a Flex Deposit which means you need to deposit your week 59 to 14 days prior to the check-in date (no deposits are accepted less than 14 days before your week). You´ll then use the Flexchange service to confirm an exchange. I have found excellent trades in the flex time range. You will not be able to put in a request, you will have to check each day to see availability.

You only have a couple of weeks to join, and get the week you own confirmed so you can deposit it.

kckaren21

TUG Member
Reaction score
That makes a lot of sense, to go with a company that has more inventory, hence probably better choices.
Thanks WalnutBaron and Paulina, for the reassurance you have found good selections in Flexchange with II!

Karen