• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best DVC property for fireworks

hcarman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have some extra Disney Vacation Club points this year and plan to book a night for our good friends that live in Orlando. The father is on oxygen and doesn't get around real well so they enjoyed the Savannah view room a few years back because they could watch the animals from the balcony. I am thinking a fireworks/theme park view room might be nice since they may spend a lot of time in the room. I know Polynesian Villas is a good bet as there is also the electric parade and Bayshore but what others do owners recommend? I assume I would need to book theme park view in order to get the best chance of viewing from the room? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Theme Park View at Bay Lake Tower

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Personally I am a sucker for Poly Lake View-

but with the construction on the new tower I would vote for BLT- your far enough from the hustle & bustle but close enough to have some decent ect…

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Fireworks from Theme Park View at BLT earlier this year...

IMG_1257.jpeg

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thank you. I will check to see what nights Magic Kingdom does the fireworks then.
Don't they do fireworks every night? Unless there is significant rain\.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
I agree about Bay Lake Tower theme park view. It is also an easy resort to get around with its smaller footprint, two elevator banks and easy access to the monorail....very helpful for the person on oxygen. I think during July they were going to do two fireworks shows. But otherwise, it is nightly. The Halloween party also starts mid August, so on those nights you could see two shows...the regular and then the Halloween ones...which I am assuming they will have this year. They used to be spectacular. Very good of you to share your DVC like that. I’m sure they appreciate your kindness.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I agree about Bay Lake Tower theme park view. It is also an easy resort to get around with its smaller footprint, two elevator banks and easy access to the monorail....very helpful for the person on oxygen. I think during July they were going to do two fireworks shows. But otherwise, it is nightly. The Halloween party also starts mid August, so on those nights you could see two shows...the regular and then the Halloween ones...which I am assuming they will have this year. They used to be spectacular. Very good of you to share your DVC like that. I’m sure they appreciate your kindness.
I am no sure they would have a regular fireworks show. Doesn't the party start at 7pm and regular guests have to be out of the park by then or shortly after? It would still be daylight in Orlando at 7pm to have fireworks for those that don't go to the MNNSHP.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I agree that BLT Theme Park View would be best. Alternatives would be Poly Lake View or the new VGF Resort Studios (in the converted Big Pine Key, not the Deluxe Studios in the original VGF building) Theme Park View.

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
You could also request Bay Lake Tower, Lake View, Higher Floor, North end of the Bldg, even numbered room. And save a few points. With the curve of the building, you can see the fireworks at the MK from these rooms.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You could also request Bay Lake Tower, Lake View, Higher Floor, North end of the Bldg, even numbered room. And save a few points. With the curve of the building, you can see the fireworks at the MK from these rooms.
True...but you could also be stuck sitting in the north elevator bank atrium or outside on the Contemporary's balcony watching the fireworks because they decided to put you in an interior 'Lake View' room that actually faces the opposite wing of BLT. We own at and have stayed many times in BLT and the room you get is always a gamble no matter what you request (or how long in advance you booked).

We've booked Lake View, asked for and been given the rooms of which you written...and also been given the annoying interior villas that face the opposite side. Which is why we now book Theme Park View whenever we can.

Last edited:

nomoretslt

Reaction score
I am no sure they would have a regular fireworks show. Doesn't the party start at 7pm and regular guests have to be out of the park by then or shortly after? It would still be daylight in Orlando at 7pm to have fireworks for those that don't go to the MNNSHP.
Yes you’re probably right. I know we would walk back to the front entrance of MK really slow because we love to see the headless horseman come charging down main street to kick off the parade. So awesome. Thinking about it, I don’t remember fireworks beforehand. But....the Halloween fireworks are special. The Halloween party is cool too. We did it once. It’s gotten very expensive now.

singingcowgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Haciendas
Vacation Village at Parkway
Grandview at Las Vegas
Trade-Winds Experience
The fireworks from the decks on the bungalows at Poly are amazing. The music and narration is piped in to the speakers on the deck. I saw stuff I never saw watching from inside the park! We also had a nice view of the electric boat parade! I can't imagine a better place to watch!

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Did that in May. Awesome experience. One of a kind stay. Great for lottery winners, or those who just inherited a bunch. ;)
There is a hill right next to the bungalows that has a bench and speakers that plays the show's sounds. You don't have to stay at the poly to access it, just bring something to sit on in the grass and grab a dolewhip. I usually just park at the MK and take the tram to the TTC and then walk to the poly from there. No rules against it.

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
True...but you could also be stuck sitting in the north elevator bank atrium or outside on the Contemporary's balcony watching the fireworks because they decided to put you in an interior 'Lake View' room that actually faces the opposite wing of BLT. We own at and have stayed many times in BLT and the room you get is always a gamble no matter what you request (or how long in advance you booked).

We've booked Lake View, asked for and been given the rooms of which you written...and also been given the annoying interior villas that face the opposite side. Which is why we now book Theme Park View whenever we can.
That's why you request even numbered room.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's why you request even numbered room.
I did/do better than that. If staying Lake View I request XX10 or XX12 on as high a floor as possible, failing that other Outer North Tower, failing that Outer South Tower, failing that Inner Center. Didn't mean we weren't given an Inner South villa.