• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best deal yet on XYZ's!

jmzf1958

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a confirmed exchange for a one bedroom in Cape Cod in September so I was looking for an XYZ exchange. I asked the representative to check Aruba, and she found a one bedroom available at the Aruba Marriott Ocean Club for April 13- 20! I booked it immediately. I couldn't believe my luck. The exchange fee, along with the cost of taxes and fees for using my trueblue miles with JetBlue, makes for an unbelievably cheap vacation. I am very excited!:cheer:

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is awesome! I will be at the Ocean Club from 4/22 to 4/29 so Ill just miss you. Good to know if I need an extra room I can snag one for cheap!

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's incredible. If you have a confirmed exchange in the future, they'll give you a free XYZ exchange with a check in before your confirmed exchange? Do all the Interval reps know about this?

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's incredible. If you have a confirmed exchange in the future, they'll give you a free XYZ exchange with a check in before your confirmed exchange? Do all the Interval reps know about this?
not free, you pay exchange fee. A lot of reps are now aware, just not all have it right.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I know you pay an exchange fee but you have to do that when you deposit your week. Heck of a deal that you in essence get a free week in that you don't have to give up one of your weeks for it. This is lot better than an AC, epecially one of those AC's that's very restrictive.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you own Starwood or Marriott, dont even bring up XYZ until you are routed to the Starwood or Marriott desk, as they seem to be pretty versed. Just assertively and politely request either to know how far the XYZ 2-for-1 grid goes out to (As of today, it went out until June) orto make a reservation. At that point, you can go over location and property options with them.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
prepay for XYZ exchange?

I never heard that you have to prepay (pay when you deposit your week) for the XYZ exchange. Can't you pay the exchange fee when you reserve an XYZ week?

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are lot of members who prefer this discussion be in the members only sightings and distressed XYZ thread. They want this to stay member only content. There is a good XYZ thread there that will answer your questions.
Consider moving this discussion there?

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they wanted any threads that dealt with specific weeks that were available on XYZ trades to be in the sightings forum. This one is more about the mechanics of XYZ trades and not what weeks are available.

hjtug

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they wanted any threads that dealt with specific weeks that were available on XYZ trades to be in the sightings forum. This one is more about the mechanics of XYZ trades and not what weeks are available.

I believe thay want all XYZ publicity to be limited to TUG members only.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe thay want all XYZ publicity to be limited to TUG members only.

Many do, including myself. A minority of senior TUG members have swatted back any attempt at consensus on this. Add to that, I have seen no willingness from TUG administrators to encourage this. If they want XYZ on the streets of TUG, then so be it. If I missed a memo, I'll gladly say mea culpa.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between this and an AC? Oh yah, what does AC stand for?

Accommodation Certificate. A free week, with restrictions, given to entice owners of high demand resorts to deposit, or to compensate owners who have accepted a downtrade (ie., 2br to 1BR).