• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Berkshires in October

baf99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort
Blue Whale
I have never been there before and I am wondering if October 2 or 9 would be a better week for fall color and hiking. Ordinarily I prefer to avoid crowds, but I enjoy photography and would like to get some nice color. I went to the White Mountains a little after peak, and while I enjoyed the almost empty trails I really wished I had been closer to peak for the color. I do easy to moderate day hiking and waterfalls are always a favorite. I am seeing availability at Oak 'n Spruce or Vacation Village in the Berkshires. I don't need fancy, just a clean resort with a good bed. If anyone has any recommendations for resort or things to do I would love to hear them. Thanks.

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
We stayed at VV@Berkshires a couple of years ago. Nice resort right across the road from Jiminy Peak. Clean, comfortable, spacious rooms. Would be a great place for fall foliage pictures. There's also a very picturesque small lake about 20 minutes away with a bar/restaurant right on the shore.

When we were there, summer time, we visited several museums and local live theater shows. Also visited the summer home of the Boston Philharmonic.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never been there before and I am wondering if October 2 or 9 would be a better week for fall color and hiking. Ordinarily I prefer to avoid crowds, but I enjoy photography and would like to get some nice color. I went to the White Mountains a little after peak, and while I enjoyed the almost empty trails I really wished I had been closer to peak for the color. I do easy to moderate day hiking and waterfalls are always a favorite. I am seeing availability at Oak 'n Spruce or Vacation Village in the Berkshires. I don't need fancy, just a clean resort with a good bed. If anyone has any recommendations for resort or things to do I would love to hear them. Thanks.
I think later is better for foliage as the peak isn't until Columbus Day and onward. I think you will find alot to do. Williamstown, Norman Rockwell museum, Lenox, Lee, nice places to visit. Vermont isn't too far away either for a nice drive. Further afield Deerfield has Yankee Candle and old Deerfield village. I am not familiar with either resort. I stayed at Jimeny Peak. Very nice setting and accommodation.

JeffC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Mauna Loa Village, Sweetwater at Kauai, Club La Costa
I’d second the 10/9 week as better for the fall foliage. I’ve stayed in both VV and Oak n Spruce. VV is located further away from the main attractions in the Berkshires. It’s across the road from Jimeny Peak Ski Resort. Oak n Spruce is in Lee, closer to the other Berkshire towns ( Lenox, Stockbridge and Great Barrington) you may want to visit.
As far as the units themselves VV is pretty uniform . They’re mostly 2 BR lockouts with one side having a full kitchen and hot tub the other side a partial kitchen and no hot tub. They’ve always been clean in all my visits. VV has an indoor pool that precovid was open year round.
Oak n Spruce is more of a mixed bag. There are some older units that are functional but dated. The newer units are much nicer. We stayed in a 2 BR that had a full kitchen, hot tub and 2 1/2 bathrooms. It was nicer than any of the VV units.

baf99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort
Blue Whale
Thanks @rboesl, @nerodog, and @JeffC for the information. Unfortunately I waited a bit too long and I can now only get a VV 1 bedroom with partial kitchen. So I guess I won't get a hot tub either, but that's OK. I just booked there for October 10 arrival.

JeffC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Mauna Loa Village, Sweetwater at Kauai, Club La Costa
You should be fine . There are restaurants in Lanesboro and Pittsfield not to far away. If you like waterfalls check out Bash Bish falls. It’s south of where you’ll be. If you go in from the NY side it’s an easy hike on a gravel path. If you go in from Mass side it’s a steep descent and if you only have one car a steep ascent back. Another good hike is Mt Greylock. You can drive to the top if you don’t want to hike it from the base.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
I haven't been up that way for a long time. We stayed at VV and found it to be rather remote back then. You will have to drive to any retaurants and grocery stores are few and small until you get to Pittsfield. I live around 50 miles from Pittsfield. Route 7 in and south of Great Barrington is what we call Antiques row that has many antique stores all the way to near the CT border. Lee, Lenox Stockbridge and Great Barrington are interesting. Norman Rockwell Museum is a nice stop outside of Stockbridge. Tanglewood is an outdoor theater of music on the lawn or in the shed but it may not be active in October. I've been there several times and enjoyed all but the Opera show. Take the ride up Mt. Greylock - its a short trip away from the resort.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
For Oak n Spruce, try to book a 2BR 6/6 for the nicer/best units.
Loved the location for touring the area. So much to see and do.
The music festivals will be over but still many museums, gardens and sights open.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
If it’s just the two of you, Berkshire MountIn Lodge is a one bedroom in Pittsfield, MA. We stayed there a few years ago and found it very nice and close to attractions.
We have stayed at Oak and Spruce in 2019 August. Very nice place, we are members of HICV and traded into Oak and Spruce. I wrote reviews on both places, they are posted on reviews place in TUG