• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Belong to RCI or II without owning a timeshare

jerrybev

TUG Member
Reaction score
hi
I am TUG member, I signed in this morning and went to the Sightings/Distressed forum. I saw rentals available there, for points, instead of for cash. ( I have all my points with Wyndham.)
How does this page work?
thank you
Jerry Whitfield

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
hi
I am TUG member, I signed in this morning and went to the Sightings/Distressed forum. I saw rentals available there, for points, instead of for cash. ( I have all my points with Wyndham.)
How does this page work?
thank you
Jerry Whitfield

They're not actually rentals; instead they are things that folks have seen on the exchanges and are alerting other TUG members of so that they can go to the exchanges and book them if they want to. You could just go to RCI via your Wyndham account and see if the availability you're interested in is there.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI allows you to exchange your Wyndham points for a week in a non-Wyndham timeshare. RCI is the middleman. They accept deposits of timeshare weeks from their members all over the world. That is how the inventory pool is created. Inventory may change minute by minute as members add deposits, or confirm exchanges. Each member pays to belong to RCI (your membership is probably thorugh your Wyndham maintenance fees). Also, there is a transaction fee for every exchange. Typically it's $249. Since that is a significant amount, you would only be willing to exchange when the Resort/Week you are aiming to get is worth the total of your Wyndham maintenance feess, the exchange fee, and any other fees.

You can log in to RCI via the Wyndham portal to see what resorts are available, and what each would cost you in terms of Wyndham points. Then come back and ask questions.

ALG85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it possible for an owner to deposit a week into and RCI or II account owned by someone else?

I do not currently own any contracts besides for DVC, and DVC does not offer a good value for exchanges. However, there are many listings on RCI/II which I would like to use.

If I have my own RCI and/or II account, would I be able to buy a week from any owner, have that week deposited through my RCI account, and then use it for an exchange (either as a week or as RCI points)?

Would I also be able to link my RCI account to a WM owner's WM account, and then use their credits to book something in my name?

Thanks!!!

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
you can transfer an already deposited week I think. But, not into your DVC-RCI account, which is strictly for DVC. I sent you a pm. Elaine

ALG85

TUG Member
Reaction score
you can transfer an already deposited week I think. But, not into your DVC-RCI account, which is strictly for DVC. I sent you a pm. Elaine

Sorry for the confusion-- I should clarify. I am referring to an separate RCI account, not my DVC one.