• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bel Air Collection Resort - Nuevo Vallarta ??

RandRseeker

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone provide information about this resort? There don't seem to be any reviews. Tripadvisor reviews are all over the place, mostly good though. From the pictures it looks like a nice place.

Thanks!

mplswjr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Belair review

My wife and I are at the Belair Collection Resort in Nuevo Vallarta right now. We will be here through January, after which I will post a review of this site in their collection. I did post a lengthy commentary about this resort, contrasting it with the Bel Aire resort in the marina area of Puerto Vallarta. You can get an interim perspective on the two resorts, and the confusion some people have thinking they are the same. My interim commentary is in a very lengthy sequence of posts post below this thread.
Contact me with specific questions if needed.
Bill

ninnynu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bel Air Vallarta Resort comments

We are members of the Bel Air Resort (old Playa del Sol Grand). I believe this is the resort you are asking about. The Bel Air is making some very nice updates to the old PDSG. It has a beautiful beach with lots of area to walk or lay on the new beach loungers to sun or rest under the palapas. The infinity pool is very clean and offers a beautiful view of ocean and beach. There is a swim up bar for refreshments. They have put in new loungers and some very nice cabana type seating. There are also 3 whirlpools. They have just opened a new sushi martini bar on the far end of the pool. The two restaurants that were open when we were there were very good. They are remodeling the Italian and Mexican restaurant. It was to be open the beginning of this year. The rooms have been updated with new bedding and we had a updated kitchen. It was more then adequate for the cooking we did. We had new flat screened tvs in all our rooms. We had a nice roomy balcony that we enjoyed daily. We had two small problems and they were taken care of right away. The people are warm,friendly and willing to help anytime. Some things do take a:cheer: Mexican minute instead of our American minute. They have a very nice spa, daily activities and a kids program. You are within walking distance to a Mega grocery store and the town of Buceria. Buceria has many restaurants and lots of shopping. The city bus stops outside of the resort and you can ride it into Puerto Vallarta or many other destinations. It is a smaller resort that adds a little more personal touch to your stay. Each year we enjoy going back to our Mexican home!

RandRseeker

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
ninnynu and Bill -- does this resort have any activities such as volleyball, water aerobics, etc. or can you rent boogie boards, kayaks, etc? Also, are they OK with you bringing your own drinks to the pool or is that frowned upon? Are there any pubs etc near by (walking distance) that would have sports on TVs?
Thanks for the info - very helpful. :)

mplswjr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Belair details

Yes to beach volleyball, water aerobics, sports bar on site with two big screen TV's. I haven't seen boogie board rentals, but you can buy them cheaply at a nearby Mega store. I think they do frown on your own drinks around the pool, but doubt they will make a big fuss if you are discrete. I believe the key issue is glass around the pool, so a discrete soft plastic glass might go un-noticed.
Bill

ninnynu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Activities at BelAir

As listed above, they do have many activities daily and in the evening. Right next to the the resort on the beach is a place where you can rent just about anything. I'm pretty sure they have boogie boards. There are vendors up and down the beach that have various things to rent. They also offer jet skis, kayaks, and para-sailing. The Palm Terrace Bar have large tvs for viewing sporting events. You can also walk or take a taxi to Buceria where they have sports bars. We walk the back road and there is a bar about three quarters of a mile located in Buceria. They offer a huge screen, cold drinks and good food.