• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Beautiful Algarve

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Love Algarve.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@nerodog beautuful photos! Algarve is on our bucket list after Covid. What resort is this?

Which is better timeshare to stay: Hilton Algarve or Four Seasons or ????

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
@nerodog beautuful photos! Algarve is on our bucket list after Covid. What resort is this?

Hi..this is Four Seasons Villamoura and it's our 3rd stay. I dont have any info on Hilton. Sorry :-(.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score

If you decide to visit Lisbon, I have a friend that runs a super central B&B as well as self catering apts. Please PM for details.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Will do when the time approaches. Lisbon is also on the list.

We are targettimg 2022. Any building / rooms better to request?

Any don't miss sights to see? We are considering April/May or Sept/mid Oct as best times to visit? Do you agree?

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will do when the time approaches. Lisbon is also on the list.

We are targettimg 2022. Any building / rooms better to request?

Any don't miss sights to see? We are considering April/May or Sept/mid Oct as best times to visit? Do you agree?
Hi there..we prefer ground floor but to be honest pool view or golf course are best. It's a real nice resort and we were here last in 2011 and it's still well maintained. Would recommend Sept through Oct or May. April can be cooler but still pleasant. Sights? We drove the whole coast different days. Faves include Carvoeiro, Faro, Tavira, Lagos, Alvor. This resort may offer day trips in small mini Van's. Cool tours also does some nice day trips and you really see more if your time is limited.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Lovely! On my list too!

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I think I saw more than one timeshare in Portugal with "Four Seasons" in the name, but none of those have anything to do with the Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts chain, correct? Just a similar name?

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I saw more than one timeshare in Portugal with "Four Seasons" in the name, but none of those have anything to do with the Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts chain, correct? Just a similar name?
Yes that's correct. This resort has no affiliation.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score

Hi again... I looked up the Hilton Villamoura...looks very nice and refurbished! Here the units are spacious. I know there is an ongoing refurbishing and updating. In all honesty I find everything in the unit just fine. Washer, dryer , dishwasher, patios, balcony...we love it here. It's right next to the old village and Pinhal golf. P

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi again... I looked up the Hilton Villamoura...looks very nice and refurbished! Here the units are spacious. I know there is an ongoing refurbishing and updating. In all honesty I find everything in the unit just fine. Washer, dryer , dishwasher, patios, balcony...we love it here. It's right next to the old village and Pinhal golf. P
Drove by Hilton today and it's very close to the Dom Pedro Pinhal golf course. Very big and looks new on the outside. Didn't go in. It's in the old village section of Villamoura and there are nearby restaurants as well.

Reactions: mav