• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Beachplace Towers questions

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
I just spent the last couple of hours reading thru past Beachplace Towers posts looking for answers to questions I have before my upcoming trip next week. Although the posts were very informative, I still have 2 questions that remain unanswered.

1) does a 1-bedroom unit have a washer and dryer? and is laundry detergent provided?
2) are beach chairs and umbrellas provided? Are they complimentary?

I am still undecided whether (given a choice) I should request an ocean or intercoastal view. Since I love sunsets I should go with the intercoastal, right?

Deej82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning. We were at BPT last year just for a one-nighter in a 1-BR but, yes there was washer/dryer in the unit and a couple starter soaps. Regarding sunsets... that would be about 7p this time of year so depends if you are going to be out to eat around then.. the view in the unit might not matter so much.... just a thought :) Enjoy

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Once the sunsets on the ocean side it is black. Nothing to see.
Intercostal side is interesting day and night with boat traffic and pretty lights at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, Grayfal, that's what I am thinking also. If I am given a choice I will choose the intercoastal view.

Does anyone know about the beach chairs and umbrellas?

lweverett

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are rental chairs and umbrellas on the beach. BP has some few inferior chairs and umbrellas you can use - I believe they have been abandoned by fellow vacationers.

dgf15215

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I have stayed at BP for at least thirty nights, maybe more. The beachfront view is great during the day and if you can sometimes hear the waves at night. The downside is that you're looking down at the roof of a shopping mall area and can hear the bands in the entertainment area, mostly on the weekends. As Grayfal noted, at night it's a lot of black. All that being said, I prefer it for the daytime view, especially in the morning and late afternoon. We only stayed on the intercoastal once and I found it boring . . . but that's just me. Washers and driers are there but generally only a single box of soap, more for sale at the shop off the lobby. I generally bring extras or a baggie of powder laundry soap from home. The chairs are available poolside in the morning for daily use - some are beat up but if you get there early enough you have your pick. I would suggest that they are "left behinds" might be a tad bit unfair; it's probably more accurate to say they were inexpensive to begin with and heavily used. Generally we're flying down so can't bring our own but when we drive I'll stick a couple of our own in the car.

Here's a hint: If you're there for a week it's a lot less expensive and easier to rent a parking place from the parking garage itself than to use the BP set-aside parking on the top floors. It took my wife a couple of years to convince me of that but she was right. It saves both time and money and isn't the least bit inconvenient. You do have to sign up during daytime hours for the private garage.

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I get how the parking garage works but here's what I don't get. My daughter lives in Miami and has a dog so she won't be staying with me. However, she probably will visit a few times for a couple of hours. Would she still need to pay $14 each time she visits me?

Mamianka

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I have stayed at BP for at least thirty nights, maybe more. The beachfront view is great during the day and if you can sometimes hear the waves at night. The downside is that you're looking down at the roof of a shopping mall area and can hear the bands in the entertainment area, mostly on the weekends. As Grayfal noted, at night it's a lot of black. All that being said, I prefer it for the daytime view, especially in the morning and late afternoon. We only stayed on the intercoastal once and I found it boring . . . but that's just me. Washers and driers are there but generally only a single box of soap, more for sale at the shop off the lobby. I generally bring extras or a baggie of powder laundry soap from home. The chairs are available poolside in the morning for daily use - some are beat up but if you get there early enough you have your pick. I would suggest that they are "left behinds" might be a tad bit unfair; it's probably more accurate to say they were inexpensive to begin with and heavily used. Generally we're flying down so can't bring our own but when we drive I'll stick a couple of our own in the car.

Here's a hint: If you're there for a week it's a lot less expensive and easier to rent a parking place from the parking garage itself than to use the BP set-aside parking on the top floors. It took my wife a couple of years to convince me of that but she was right. It saves both time and money and isn't the least bit inconvenient. You do have to sign up during daytime hours for the private garage.

Laundry - we take a small bottle of triple-concentrated liquid for small hand-wash things - but for the washing machines, we take those Purex SHEETS -nothing to spill, and the softener is built into a heat-release tab on the top. Plus, no matter how much you wrap them in plastic - they make you luggage smell SO nice, that I now leave them in there between trips! I think the shop off the lobby is gone, since the big chain drugstore downstairs ran them out of business. As for parking - yes, paying as a *stranger* is cheaper - BUT - if you are there when the place is hopping, you might not GET one of those spots, or have to cruise forever looking for the ONE you paid for! Saw it happen - school was closed one day, and the place was SWAMPED with HS kids - and their cars; people who wanted to check in and pay the garage rate were out of luck - we heard them in the lobby later. With Marriott, you are guaranteed that there are as many spots as rooms. And of course, you get the Scenic MILE drive up to your Marriott parking . . . We always stayed facing the beach (we own at BPT) - and I grew UP facing the beach in Massachusetts - but the last time, even though we were high up, we had to choose between opening a window to catch a nice breeze (versus AC . . . ick) OR hearing loud bar music. So this next time, we are going to try the intercoastal side. Before I go next, I think I might get this blow-up thing I saw - easy to pack - that has a wedge for back support, and the rest of it is flocked material that serves as your beach blanket. I do not get up well from low chairs - but can hoist myself up from a flat beach (or carpet) somehow Not attractive to watch - but doable.

Mamianka

dgf15215

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mamianka - thanks for the Purex idea. Never been there when that garage was even close to full but that's probably just sheer luck. As for "hoisting" myself out of those low chairs - I share your pain. Last year some college young woman was walking by when I was hoisting myself up and grabbed my arm and pulled . . . talk about feeling old! My wife thought it was hysterical.

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Either Side is a Million Dollar View

I'm an owner at BP and love it, having bought there when it opened, and don't remember missing a year. I always take an ocean view...so nice to sit out there early morning watching the sun rise in my shorts in the middle of February reading the paper, having my OJ and breakfast and watching the beachfront come alive. I split my 2 weeks into 4 parts and stay mid Feb to mid Mar...never getting homesick for winter in Toronto. :)

You might enjoy this video, most of which was taken from my balcony!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5evgghIfwg

Either side is a million dollar view...quite unlike most timeshares. Ocean side is for mornings as the sun leaves the balcony about noon...Intracoastal is for afternoon sun and evenings with the sun setting. Best of both worlds.

Outside the complex...you can walk to dozens of places for meals, upscale and downscale...a huge choice. You can have dinner every night in a different place. There's a free shuttle to Galleria Mall and Publix, so you really don't need a car.

I assume the pool is all fixed by now but it was closing for renovations a month or so after I left last April.

Brian

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have some questions about the pool area at Beachplace Tower. Is there a time of day that the pool area is in the shadows of the buildings, so that you're not sitting in the sun? Also is there a restaurant by the pool.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have some questions about the pool area at Beachplace Tower. Is there a time of day that the pool area is in the shadows of the buildings, so that you're not sitting in the sun? Also is there a restaurant by the pool.

I would say generally from about 2 pm onward. Of course this will vary during the year due to the height of the sun in the sky (i.e. time of year) and daylight savings time.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
And what time does it rain every afternoon in the summer? (hint...230pm?)

ha. Or maybe not at the BP Towers. You could always set your watch by it in Daytona!

dgf15215

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian - really great job capturing what's really special about BP. I had no idea that there was a shuttle <g>. We've often walked to the Publix since we're out walking 3-4 miles every day anyways when we're there, although it is a hike and I wouldn't carry a lot back with me, would drive for that.

pwrshift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
It is available every 20 minutes going north from right across the street from BP at the stop ... Looks like a hop on hop off red trolley bus ... Costs about 90 cents if I remember correctly. They might let you off at Publix but the regular stop is at PF Changs across the street in the Galleria Mall and you can catch it back to BP going south on the street behind. It also takes you to Los Olas etc further south. You an probably get more info online.

The water taxi behind BP is also great fun, maybe not for shopping, but for sight seeing and intercostal restaurants. Concierge David can help you.

Has anyone used Über at BP? Might be good rates.

Regarding the pool and sun, it's usually great on the sun deck until about 2 but there's a little slice of sun that gets through for a while later. But you've got one of the best beaches in the world across the street. If you want afternoon sun at BP, ask for an intracoastal side suite and finish your tan on the balcony. In the morning there are often lounge stealers and the attendants don't police it well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hbjwH0-bDH0

There's food from the bar at the pool...pretty good food, charge it to your room and earn MR points.. There's also food in the complex at Hooters etc.

Brian

Last edited:

friedshrimp

Banned
Reaction score
It is available every 20 minutes going north from right across the street from BP at the stop ... Looks like a hop on hop off red trolley bus ... Costs about 90 cents if I remember correctly. They might let you off at Publix but the regular stop is at PF Changs across the street in the Galleria Mall and you can catch it back to BP going south on the street behind. It also takes you to Los Olas etc further south. You an probably get more info online.

The water taxi behind BP is also great fun, maybe not for shopping, but for sight seeing and intercostal restaurants. Concierge David can help you.

Has anyone used Über at BP? Might be good rates.

Regarding the pool and sun, it's usually great on the sun deck until about 2 but there's a little slice of sun that gets through for a while later. But you've got one of the best beaches in the world across the street. If you want afternoon sun at BP, ask for an intracoastal side suite and finish your tan on the balcony. In the morning there are often lounge stealers and the attendants don't police it well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hbjwH0-bDH0

There's food from the bar at the pool...pretty good food, charge it to your room and earn MR points.. There's also food in the complex at Hooters etc.

Brian

In the cruise industry we cal them "chair hogs" (or Chogs for short). :rofl:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Broward County Transit (BCT) Route 40 bus also goes to the Galleria Mall (terminates there) about every 40 minutes.

Walk to the Publix and take the bus back.

The Route 11 bus goes from Central Terminal (downtown Ft Lauderdale) down A1A to Pompano. If you take that bus BY MISTAKE, just get off at Bonnet House and walk down Sunrise Blvd to the mall ... about 4/10 of a mile. If you want to go to Bonnet House (great tour, check day open), get off and walk around/beside the Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort to the gate 1/2 block behind the FLBR ... you will know the gate as it is the one closer to the intercoastal waterway (and not the one 10 steps from the back of the FLBR).

The Bonnet House is a historic structure/complex with gardens; even teenage boys liked the place. Plan on 3 or 4 hours. BRING WATER and walking is involved.

If you are familiar with the area, turn at the 7/11 on Sunrise, past Coconut Bay resort and turn right at the wall, following the wall to the OPEN gate (first iron gate is not a public access).

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, we are here and couldn't be happier. We were given a room on the 18th floor, south side. We chose an intercoastal view and we love it especially since we like to relax on the balcony with a cocktail and watch the sunset.

Best part is that as I mentioned in prior posts, my daughter lives in Miami and is planning on visiting me several times this week. When checking in, I discussed the parking regulations and mentioned that my daughter would only visit during the daytime and the front desk receptionist gave us a pass to place on the dashboard allowing her to freely park her car on the Marriott floors. How sweet is that? The units are spotless and beautiful.... definitely will come back.

Thank you for all the advice and information you have provided. My daughter wondered how I knew so much about the place since it was my first time here. Lol.

DB-Wis

TUG Member
Reaction score

dgf15215, could you please elaborate on this? I know the parking offered by Beach Place is sub-optimal, but why exactly is renting space from the garage better (i.e., what problems does renting space remedy)? What does renting a space for a week cost? I'd like to know more about this option.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
dgf15215, could you please elaborate on this? I know the parking offered by Beach Place is sub-optimal, but why exactly is renting space from the garage better (i.e., what problems does renting space remedy)? What does renting a space for a week cost? I'd like to know more about this option.

The main problem with the garage at Beach Place Towers is the long circular corkscrew drive to the top levels. If you park in the lower public levels, you don't have this long drive and I believe the same elevators are used to get to the guest floors. Just need to have your villa key. So it can save time getting back to your villa and not having to stress about running in to cars on the way up that are on the way down.

pwrshift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you park in the public section I suggest level P3 as its right at the elevators mentioned. On nice weekends when the beach is packed with locals, I wouldn't leave for a drive as you may not get back in and there's no security for your car.

Brian

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
hi..marriot beachplace towers doesnt supply beach umbrellas but will supply complementary beach chairs and beach towels