• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Beach Street Cottages

Joe33426

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
Just wondering if anyone has stayed at Beach Street Cottages in Destin, and if so, what the beach situation is at the resort. If I remember correctly, you have a walk across the street to an access point to get to the beach, but what I'm wondering if it's a really busy beach .

We have a four night reservation at the end of the month and not sure if we should just cancel the reservation due to the pandemic. We're thinking that if we could get onto the beach and it wasn't crowded that it might be a nice break from everything. We live in southeast Florida, so it looks like less cases up in that part of the state. But if the beach situation is out of control, we could just stay at home.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, beach is across the street. Renovations were completed last year. You can use all the amenities at Majestic Sun except the pool area. Parking is tight, other than that it's a great resort.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
@Joe33426 - have you read the resort reviews?

I know (at least) one review that touches on this area...

Joe33426

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
@Joe33426 - have you read the resort reviews?

I know (at least) one review that touches on this area...

I read the reviews last year when I was planning the trip and knew that the beach was across the street, I was looking for something a little more updated since the last review was well over three years ago, and well before the pandemic. My question wasn’t if there is a beach or how to get there, it was is the beach really busy and crowed.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beach Street Cottage has a so called private beach, and private access to the beach across the street next to Captain Dave's.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed there a few years ago during a peak spring break time and the beach wasn't crowded. The resort is smaller than the giant Majestic Sun down the street so less people on the beach.

I would like to know if they still have the bunk beds after remodeling.

Joe33426

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I stayed there a few years ago during a peak spring break time and the beach wasn't crowded. The resort is smaller than the giant Majestic Sun down the street so less people on the beach.

I would like to know if they still have the bunk beds after remodeling.

Thank you for the post. This is exactly what I was asking about. Looking at Google maps I don't see a lot of high-rise buildings, large hotels, etc. in the area, so I was thinking that the beach wouldn't be too jammed. Thanks again for the info, maybe we'll keep our plans and see how it goes. If we end up going, I'll post a current review and info on the remodeling.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Here is a recent pic of the cottage. It looks like some or all may only have a single bed now
1594213728896.png

Wyndhamgirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Avon PR
We just returned from majestic sun. We had a golf cart and rode around quite a bit. The beach in front of beach street cottages was a lot less crowded that majestic sun! I would go! We grilled out almost every night to avoid the crowds.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
We enjoyed our stay at BSC - but our stay was years ago and in a slower time of the year. I do recall the street crossing to the beach but it was not all that wide of a street then so it would be hard to imagine it as very difficult...back then.

BSC was an ideal location for a single family stay as long as your family size was not too dependent on the one bathroom.

Hopefully there have been some upgrades since our stay.

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
We spent one night there last winter just sort of scouting it out. I would certainly go back again. The units are a little dated but perfectly acceptable. It was very clean and the staff was easy to work with. It is in a quieter more residential area but still with easy access to areas with more development. It was raining pretty hard so we didn't go to the beach, but I think it would be less crowded than other areas in Destin. The units have balconies or patios. Ours had a fireplace - not that you would want one this time of year. The units are townhouse style - you might have upstairs or downstairs neighbors with a separate entrance, but no common hallways or corridors to navigate. It would be a relatively good setup to maintain social distancing.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at the Cottages for several months during the last several winters. We love it there and are going to do it again this year.