• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Beach Place Towers Suggestions?

jjluhman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good evening.

We are going to Beach Place Towers at the end of this month. Our group will consist of 2 adult couples celebrating 40th Bdays.:whoopie: We lived in the area 10+ years ago and have a few old favorites that we will visit, but I am looking for suggestions from Beach Place Towers owners or recent visitors.

Are there any must not miss suggestions? Sightseeing, dining, etc?

Thanks in advance!!

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Would love to hear answers.
I am going to BP for Thanksgiving week.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is what I was told by other Tuggers. Ask more questions and these same experts will chime in.

Las Olas Blvd near downtown is a must. We shopped and then ate outdoor at the Cheesecake Factory there.

Also downtown is The Riverwalk. You can take a water taxi there, get off for a while then ride a water taxi back. There are several taxi stops.

These same water taxis will give you a tour of the ultra expensive houses nearby.

My personal favorite place to eat was at Coconuts on a harbor of the intracoastal canal. It's about 2-3 block walk from BeachPlace Towers.

rosepointe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good evening.

We are going to Beach Place Towers at the end of this month. Our group will consist of 2 adult couples celebrating 40th Bdays.:whoopie: We lived in the area 10+ years ago and have a few old favorites that we will visit, but I am looking for suggestions from Beach Place Towers owners or recent visitors.

Are there any must not miss suggestions? Sightseeing, dining, etc?

Thanks in advance!!

We just spent 2 weeks there after a transsatlantic cruise and before the holidays. Since we have family in the area it was great. I was really impressed with the resort after reading some mixed things but we were treated wonderfully. Location is great. Would also do the airboat rides if you get a chance. Right in front of the ocean. Great places to eat. Beachfront area redone a few years ago.

If you have a car find the office for the garage and pay them directly. I think we paid $50 for the week wih a $10 activation fee and was able to park on the lower floors.

Enjoy,
Sue

DJensen

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Coconuts and Franco & Vinny's Pizza

Coconuts is great, eating there twice during recent business trip visits. Open invitation for dogs to join their owners on the deck.
Also, Franco & Vinny's Pizza, just up around the corner on Sunrise Blvd is a fun place for some pizza and wine (pasta looked good too).

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
We'll be staying at BeachPlace in May - just booked it through II the other night and have been reading the threads about it ever since. Lots of good info here! We're really looking forward to our visit. We're native Floridians but I haven't vacationed in Ft. Lauderdale since I was a little girl. Thanks to all of you who take the time to provide answers - this is a great site.

BoaterMike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Caribbean, Royal Haciendas, Marriott Grand Chateau,
Big fan of Lulu's Bait Shack for Happy Hour. You can get a table with a great view of the beach. They have some late afternoon and late evening specials. It's located directly in front of the BP Towers. More information: http://www.lulusbaitshack.com/

I would also recommend what was mentioned above, taking a day to ride the water taxi through the canals stopping at various points for sights and for eats/drinks. Purchase a one day pass and you can ride as much as you want.

Mike

Last edited:

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love reading these great tips. We'll be at BPT in few weeks. We have 2 units and will be traveling with teenagers and college kids. The college kids want to visit Miami beach. Any advice? Also any areas where you can snorkel? Any day trip locations besides Miami beach? We have tickets to go see Miami Marlins, looking forward to that.
Are there any outdoor grills at BPT? Basketball court anywhere? Grocery store nearby?
Any advice is greatly appreciated!

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
To get your appetite going for BeachPlace, here's a view of what you'll be facing:

http://www.sunny.org/webcam/

There are only two views at MBP...ocean front and intracoastal waterway. The ocean is morning sunrise, waterway is afternoon sunset. Nice either way. Waterway is probably quieter as the bars and people below in the shops ocean side might be a little noisy on weekends...but fun too.

Restaurants: You won't need a car much, if at all, as if you like walking most of what you want will be within a 30 minute walk. Fast Foor or Gourmet dining---it's all here. MBP is quite unlike any other Marriott timeshare in that you can walk to everything you want to do...great restaurants, beach, fishing, shopping...you won't have enough time there to see and do everything readily available to you.

In fact, some great restaurants are within a 10 minute walk...some examples:

Casablanca -- no reservations, 5 minutes away, always busy and fun.
http://www.casablancacafeonline.com/

Just north of MBP is the Ritz Carlton, Hilton, Westin, W, Atlantic -- take your pick and enjoy the upscale bars and restaurants.

A little further, at Galleria Mall, maybe 15 minute walk on Sunrise, are PF Changs, Seasons 52, Capital Grille, Blue Martini, Truluck's -- upscale and great for people (and car) watching. http://fort.lauderdale.retailguide.com/data/m101965.htm

Something different...a little further up Sunrise from the Galleria is Canyon Southwest Cafe (get there early), Mai Kai on North Federal (not walking distance - take a taxi) for a great show and fixed price dinner, 15th Street Fisheries on the water and Southport Raw Bar near it too, Mango's Los Olas, etc. http://maikai.com/

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restauran...n_Southwest_Cafe-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

http://www.15streetfisheries.com/

Too numerous to list them all...these are my favorites. I've been going to Fort Lauderdale every year for at least 30 years...like a 2nd home to me. :)

Brian

No BBQ's at MBP...trust me, you won't want to wait for an elevator while your steaks get cold anyways. Eat out every night instead...work it off during the day.

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the great tips!
One more question...I still don't have a clear understanding about beach chairs/umbrellas. Have to bring your own? What a pain to carry those! Can't rent any on the beach or they just cost a fortune? :confused:

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Some find it expensive to rent chairs, etc., on the beach. Several people buy cheap ones at CVS and give them to the front desk on check out, and they rent them to guests for a small service fee.

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, sounds good...CVS here we come! Looking forward to our week at MBP. I know we'll love the location, we are city people and having a beach and all the other stuff within walking distance is ideal for us.

crjask

TUG Member
Reaction score
Before you go to CVS, ask the front desk about the Activities Desk. It was on the top floor when we were there in February. They rent out chairs and umbrellas for a couple of dollars a day. I think there is a weekly rate also. We didn't find out about that until after we purchased ours. We found chairs to be cheaper at a store that is on your left as you walk from the elevator toward CVS.