• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Beach house week 53 - Do you know how it will be treated?

Fgaini

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
does anyone knows how week 53 will be treated? Who can make a reservation for that week?
I am interested in particular to understand if I can book this week given that I own week 52.
Any of you has the rules and regulations of the condominium available? I bought resale and I do not have that document yet.

Thanks a lot for your help

Francesco

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
You'd have to look up the CCRs for your particular HOA.

But for most Hyatt HOA's, the week 53 inventory is controlled by VAC subject to the agreements they have with the HOA and the published club rules. Because of the value of that week, it is unlikely they would release it to the pool -- it is more lucrative to rent out. Of course, I have no firsthand knowledge of their inventory practices, so YMMV.

-ryan

Last edited:

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the language from the Club Rules that references back to the REsort Documents for your resort. But inevitably, it is controlled by VAC and VAC decides whether or not to make it available for use:

HVGG has arranged with several of the developers of Club Resorts to provide for a Special
Exchange Program related to the Week 53’s retained by such developers. Except as otherwise provided in this
subparagraph, in those calendar years when Week 53 occurs, as defined in the Resort Documents for each Club
Resort, the developer of each Club Resort may elect, in its discretion, to deposit any Week 53 with the Club for use
by Club Members. In such event, Club Points will be assigned to such developer to represent the reservation power
of Week 53 as provided herein. With respect to Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Mountain Lodge, Hyatt Grand
Aspen, The Residences at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Hyatt Siesta Key Beach, and Northstar Lodge~Hyatt Residence
Club, Week 53 may only be reserved for use by the person to whom such use is assigned pursuant to the Resort
Documents for those Club Resorts and Week 53 may not be deposited with the Club, and no Club Points will be
assigned to Week 53.

Fgaini

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I am trying to find the resort documents for Hyatt Beach House, but I had no luck in finding them online.
Anyone happen to have a copy that I can read?

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I am trying to find the resort documents for Hyatt Beach House, but I had no luck in finding them online.
Anyone happen to have a copy that I can read?
Last Wk 53 at Hyatt BH most of the weeks were put into the HRC pool and were available with points. It wasn't done until late in the year, and the resort manager had no real notice. I have no idea what % it was, but there was 'plenty' available.

The developer can do what they want with them. I never found out whether BH cut them a check based on how many got reserved, or what the financials were. Not sure if that info is even reportable anywhere.

I just remember it was frustrating as I had my usual wk 52 renters who wanted to add on, and I couldn't do it until around 2-3 months before. Then they had to deal with last minute flight arrangements.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used to own a Week 52 at the Berkshire Beach Club in Deerfield Beach, FL. The way it was structured was that the Owner of Week 52 (me) got the Week 53...

George

Fgaini

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last Wk 53 at Hyatt BH most of the weeks were put into the HRC pool and were available with points. It wasn't done until late in the year, and the resort manager had no real notice. I have no idea what % it was, but there was 'plenty' available.

The developer can do what they want with them. I never found out whether BH cut them a check based on how many got reserved, or what the financials were. Not sure if that info is even reportable anywhere.

I just remember it was frustrating as I had my usual wk 52 renters who wanted to add on, and I couldn't do it until around 2-3 months before. Then they had to deal with last minute flight arrangements.

I was hoping to get week 53 as a freebie :)

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to get week 53 as a freebie :)
No freebies here (in Hyatt).

I haven't read every single Hyatt document, but I'm pretty sure that week 53 is controlled by VAC/HOA at 100% of the Hyatt properties.

I'll add that across Marriott, Vistana and Hyatt, the only property I know of that assigns week 53 to week 52 owners are certain phases of Sheraton Vistana Resort in Orlando. Marriott used to offer "Gift of Time" where you could buy Week 53 usage, but that program is long gone (and you can read about it in the Marriott archives).

-ryan

Last edited: