• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

BBS membership shows 'guest' does not show am a TUG member

jimbg

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just signed up for the BBS. However, I have been a member of TUG for years, maybe 10.

Yet, when I log on to the BBS, it says I am a 'guest'. I do not see where to click to edit my BBS membership to correct this.

Welcome, jimbg.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
verified your membership and made the appropriate change in your profile for you.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
for membership related questions, none of the BBS moderators or admins can help you with that as they do not have access to any of that information.

please send all membership related questions to tug@tug2.net and I will be happy to help you out.

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
As the same question has been asked many times it's clear that the message about how to change status from Guest isn't getting through. Is it worth adding to the stickies at the top of every forum on the board as a seperate topic, complete with obvious title such as "I've paid my membership but still show as Guest".
I get sick of seeing the same question time after time so I can only imagine how Brian etc feel. :(

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It doesn't bother me and I (along with Doug and Brian) get to respond to the e-mail messages from some of the almost 30,000 BBS registrants who have the question. I would rather respond to those queries than clutter up the top of every forum with a message that applies to probably less than 1/10 of 1% of our registrants at any one time.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
im actually planning on sending a note to every "guest" on the bbs as a friendly reminder.

I also agree about the stickies...its a very very small amount of people who require help...and we are happy to provide it!

Last edited:

mterra

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. Can the guest status be changed to member? I paid a couple days ago. Thank you, Mary

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the answers provided at the top still apply.

mterra

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just asked the same question, then read the responses after I submitted. Tried to edit/delete, not sure what is going through. Sorry. Mary

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
looks like you are all set to me? I show you have made the correct changes and are displayed as a tug member?

DerekS

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have just succeeded in changing to "BBS member" status, folloowing Brian's general email to "guests" and Doug's specific instructions. I found that the latter only worked for me after I was logged in to the BBS. Otherwise I came up to a different screen altogether.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
I found that the latter only worked for me after I was logged in to the BBS. Otherwise I came up to a different screen altogether.
Think about this a second. The bbs can only provide you access to your profile if it knows who you are, i.e., when you're logged in.

mterra

TUG Member
Reaction score
This was sent to my home email. Kinda strange. Anyone else getting anything like this?

Mary

TUGBBS forums - guest vs TUG member‏

Sent: Sat 11/08/08 9:02 AM
To: tug@tug2.net

Hello Tugger!

I am writing to you today because you are listed as a Guest on the TUGBBS forums. This can happen for one of two reasons, and I hope to address both in this letter!

1. You are a paying TUG member, but do not have the appropriate BBS member code in your profile to indicate you are a paying TUG member.

2. You are a registered user of the TUGBBS forums but not a paying TUG member.

Each of these items is perfectly fine, and you are welcome to use the forums as a guest forever! However if you do wish to have yourself listed as a TUG member on the forums, here’s how to do so!

If you fall into category 1, it is simply a matter of obtaining the correct BBS member code and inserting it into your profile. We have written detailed instructions on how to do this here (including screenshots to make things easier). http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53

Or if you are still having difficulty, simply email me here and after verifying your membership I will change your member code for you.

If you fall into category 2, you are more than welcome to continue to use the TUGBBS forums at no charge, this is the foundation of TUG and we will never charge to register and participate on the TUGBBS forums. However should you decide to join as a paying TUG member, you will of course gain access to all member only areas such as the ratings/reviews, free classified ads, and sightings/distressed section of the forums. We can assure you that your $15 membership fee will be easily the best value in the Timeshare Industry!

For those of you who wish to join (or donate), all of our payment options both online and manual are available here: http://tug2.com/jointug

Hopefully this will alleviate the issues that many people have with the “guest” vs “Tug Member” situation!

Thank you and have a fantastic day!

Brian Rogers - Owner

Timeshare Users Group
The first and largest Timeshare community site dedicated to timeshare owners providing the Truth about Timeshares for over 15 years!

http://www.tug2.net

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I see that you are listed as a member now, were you already listed as a member before you received this email?

BTW - Brian Rogers is the owner of this website and that is his email address.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
nothing strange about it, it was sent to all "guests" on the forums.

mterra

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought I was already listed as a member. We just went through a phishing briefing at work, guess it made me a little "jumpy."

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
no worries...nothing wrong with being cautious!