• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

bay lake - looking for info

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know very little about DVC, but was interested in finding out the cost to make bay lake the home resort and what sort of point package it would require. Thanks.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received the brochure in the mail. I'll go look for it. It has the point chart.

I've made an appointment for next Sunday pm to see the models. Really I just want to see if I can get some VIP fastpasses and a ride in a DVC van over to the Contemporary as I have a dinner ressie at the Cali Grill.:hysterical:

Even better link to the point chart.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/BLT-Points.htm

If I remember what my guide told me the resort will consist of 20% MK views, 20% standard view and 40 % Bay Lake views.

Last edited:

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
V

Vacation Dude

My guess is around $16,000 for a studio (plus 600 annual dues) for one week and double that for a 2 bedroom.

This is not cheap.

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received a brochure in the mail, but the details were very sketchy, that's why I was asking. I was at DW last week riding the monorail in from the transportation center and thought how great it would be to be able to use the monorail from the timeshare. I consider DVC expensive, period.

Thanks for the links, exactly what I was looking for!

Yoowza! Just figured out the cost for a 2 br MK view premier season. I'll be loading up on the DIS if they can get those prices.

Last edited:

cigarboo

Reaction score
I've made an appointment for next Sunday pm to see the models. Really I just want to see if I can get some VIP fastpasses and a ride in a DVC van over to the Contemporary as I have a dinner ressie at the Cali Grill.

The models are actually at the Saratoga Springs Resort. But you can probably still get a ride to the Contemporary, as they'll take you almost anywhere after the tour. They gave us $15 gift cards per person(x4) for taking the tour from Downtown Disney before a certain time. I heard they are also giving out DVC hats. I don't know if you have to buy to get those. We ended up buying and they gave us the fastpasses.

Right now they are offering the points at $112 minus $5 per point plus you get matching developer points to be used at SSR. 160pts minimum(new buyer). I think if you buy at least 220pts, there's an option for a 5 night stay, 1BR at any DVC, subject to availability. MF's are around 3.67 per point or something like that.

spiceycat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Lake Towers @WDW
seem the models - despite the studio being very different - will definitely buy here - question is when.

would like 125 points - but don't want it in one contract - so will have to buy before Jan 15 (at least right now those are the rules) - two (2) 50 point contacts and just forget the 25 - at least for now.

the interest is 11.25% for any thing over a year (think they do it up to 10 years).

on forgot the SSR models have everything looking like the fireworks - remember this is a small part of BLT.

Last edited:

charford

TUG Member
Reaction score
I talked to my guide a few weeks ago about Bay Lake Tower. There will be a lounge on the roof or top floor (can't remember which) where all owners can watch the fireworks, so a MK view isn't necessary to enjoy the fireworks.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
The models are actually at the Saratoga Springs Resort. But you can probably still get a ride to the Contemporary, as they'll take you almost anywhere after the tour. They gave us $15 gift cards per person(x4) for taking the tour from Downtown Disney before a certain time. I heard they are also giving out DVC hats. I don't know if you have to buy to get those. We ended up buying and they gave us the fastpasses.

Right now they are offering the points at $112 minus $5 per point plus you get matching developer points to be used at SSR. 160pts minimum(new buyer). I think if you buy at least 220pts, there's an option for a 5 night stay, 1BR at any DVC, subject to availability. MF's are around 3.67 per point or something like that.

I know the models are at SSR, I'm staying there. SSR is one of my home resorts. We scheduled the appointment with our guide late pm on Sunday, so we can get a free "cab ride" via DVC van to dinner.

cigarboo

Reaction score
I know the models are at SSR, I'm staying there. SSR is one of my home resorts. We scheduled the appointment with our guide late pm on Sunday, so we can get a free "cab ride" via DVC van to dinner.

Sorry I misunderstood. :(

iluvwdw

Reaction score

I just purchased BLT Saturday. We bought 320 points and I was not offered the 5 night 1BR DVC stay. :doh: Does anyone know if that incentive is still going on?? :confused:

cigarboo

Reaction score
I would call your guide to see if you can get the 5nt 1br option, if that's what you want. My guide told me the matching SSR points was a better deal. Seeing you bought so many points, maybe your guide thought it was just better to have the SSR deal, since 320pts would would be enough for a 2BR at SSR for a full week during magic season. I don't know if they're done with the 1BR 5nt stay at any DVC, but it wouldn't totally surprise me if they stopped that incentive choice.

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
We just got back from an Orlando vacation. This trip we stayed offsite to experience it. We own at BCV but I didn't have enough points for a full week stay. So, I traded into Marriott Grande Vista. Anyways... we decided we LOVE staying onsite. We like the freedom of spliting up and doing what you want. Like I can go browse the stores without taking 2 kids in tow. Anyways... we did see the models of Bay Lakes and AKL at Saratoga Springs on Monday. I gotta say... my dh loved the decor of AKL and then, when we saw the set up of Bay Lakes... he was ready to add on. It is very nice and big. Good luck on buying in...

iluvwdw

Reaction score
I would call your guide to see if you can get the 5nt 1br option, if that's what you want. My guide told me the matching SSR points was a better deal. Seeing you bought so many points, maybe your guide thought it was just better to have the SSR deal, since 320pts would would be enough for a 2BR at SSR for a full week during magic season. I don't know if they're done with the 1BR 5nt stay at any DVC, but it wouldn't totally surprise me if they stopped that incentive choice.

I actually think 320 Deceloper Points as SSR is a better deal than 5 nights in a 1 BR. I thought the 5 night deal was given IN ADDITION TO the Developer Points, not in lieu of. I guess I was mistaken. THANKS!