• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bay Club Of Sandestin, Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, or Panama City Resort & Club

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Limetree Resort STT
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
I had to cancel Hawaii this year and am looking at the FL gulf coast. These three came up on my Trading Places search. Any recommendations?

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
I was at Landmark Holiday Beach Resort a couple weeks ago.

All units are oceanfront (well, gulf front). Some things in the unit are looking a bit worn, but the unit was clean and maintenance was very responsive when we reported things (minor things like slow-draining bathroom sinks, toilet running.)

But the location is great (it's not on the crowded end of PCB) and that gulf-front balcony got much use early mornings and evenings.

rjwehr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside @Granby Ranch,
Landmark Holiday Beach-PCB,
Inverness @ New Braunfels
We have 2 weeks at Landmark and love it there. All of the units have gulf views. The 2 and 3 bedroom units are on the 3rd through 15th floors. (There are only 7 units per floor) Take the elevator down to beach level and walk out onto the beach. The 1 bedroom units are a "two-story" townhouse style on the first and second floor. They have beach-level patios.

The Homeowners Association finished the kitchen remodeling a few years ago and the rooftop clubhouse this year. The bathrooms are scheduled for a remodel but are acceptable, There's also a rooftop deck for great views of the sunset.

Like Free2Roam said, it is on the quieter end of the strip, which we appreciate. We went again this year and had a great time. Let me know if you have any additional questions about it.

Last edited:

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like we'll book.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good choice; we exchanged into Landmark 2 years ago and enjoyed it a lot. There's a decent seafood restaurant almost directly across the street, for eat-in or takeout, if you don't feel like driving thru traffic.

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
Booked a two bedroom the week of 12/4. Looking forward to going. My cousin has a place at Gulf Breeze so we'll visit.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Booked a two bedroom the week of 12/4. Looking forward to going. My cousin has a place at Gulf Breeze so we'll visit.
Good deal, and hurricane season should finally be over! We had to hurriedly pack up and leave a day early during our October stay, due to a forecast of a direct hit that suddenly materialized -- which I don't think it did, but we got to drive north along with it for the next 2 days, including thru Atlanta metro traffic. But you live in the southeast, so you know all about this.

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
We just got back from a one week stay at Landmark and we thoroughly enjoyed it . We stayed in 902 a two bedroom. The room was fine but could use some work on the bathrooms. Our main complaint was having to go outside to access the pool and hot tub. The sauna was out of order.

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
Good choice; we exchanged into Landmark 2 years ago and enjoyed it a lot. There's a decent seafood restaurant almost directly across the street, for eat-in or takeout, if you don't feel like driving thru traffic.
That was Mike's Cafe and Oyster Bar which was unfortunately closed for renovation. Two restaurants we really enjoyed were Firefly and Saltwater Grill. The traffic wasn't bad at all.