• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bay Club at Waikoloa - Resale purchase

FGL71

Reaction score
Just want to say thanks. Have been lurking and researching here for a while after attending a sales presentation at Ocean Oak (HGVC) in Hilton Head.

Finally found what i was looking for -- 7k annual points (Platinum 2 bdrm) at Bay Club in Hawaii, won the E-bay auction a few weeks ago for $885. Seems like this is a really good deal, now just waiting for it to go through. From what I'm reading, the Bay Club won't be subject to ROFR so this should close, they title company today said we're 75% of the way there.

Overall, do you think this is a decent deal?

Thanks!

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
The maintenance fees are high at the Bay Club, but the super low purchase price will offset the higher MFs for several years.

Kurt

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As an owner of Bay Club myself, I think it was a good deal. Yes, the MF is higher, but they are higher because your home resort is on the nicer end of the HGVC spectrum, enjoy.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
A very good price for Bay Club. Maintenance fees are higher, but then you are buying in Hawaii. There are no cheap anything in Hawaii. . .

To keep a sense of proportion on MFs, Marriott's Waiohai on Kauai is $600 a year more for equivalent season (Island View).

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
It's all relative......but that's a great deal I think. Imagine how this compares to developer prices......wow!

No substitution for Hawaii for me........congrats!

FGL71

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. The MF was only about $175 more per year compared to the Orlando property i was looking at so I thought it was worth saving several thousand in purchase price

rgong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just want to say thanks. Have been lurking and researching here for a while after attending a sales presentation at Ocean Oak (HGVC) in Hilton Head.

Finally found what i was looking for -- 7k annual points (Platinum 2 bdrm) at Bay Club in Hawaii, won the E-bay auction a few weeks ago for $885. Seems like this is a really good deal, now just waiting for it to go through. From what I'm reading, the Bay Club won't be subject to ROFR so this should close, they title company today said we're 75% of the way there.

Thanks!

As someone who just returned from a stay on the Big Island (HGVC Kohala Suites), I would say emphatically yes, what a great deal! The Bay Club is a great base from which to see the Island, and is in a great spot in that Hilton Waikoloa complex. An easy shuttle ride or walk to the fancy-schmancy Hilton Hotel and as you observed, the MF's aren't that much above mainland HGVC properties. Pretty low entry fee for a nice annual spot in Hawaii, from what I've seen.

topdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
You got an excellent deal. Enjoy it, we had a great stay there a few years ago.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

Thanks!
Congratulations, you did well for 7000 points