• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Barrier Island Station Kitty Hawk

vkhome

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are thinking about a week at the Barrier island Station Kitty Hawk this September. Looks like most reviews are fairly dated.
Has anyone stayed there lately and if, so, what was your experience?

Thanks.

stonebroke

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just posted a new review

Thanks for the reminder. We visited BIS Kitty Hawk last summer and I just posted my review. We had a good time there and enjoyed it and I would go back. (obviously my review is a bit longer)...also I don't know how long it takes from posting a review before it is listed online...as I assume there is some sort of vetting process.

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there a couple of years ago and loved it. The front desk people were not very friendly but we avoided them after we checked in. The indoor resort pool is excellent as well as the work out room. The resort is located directly behind Walmart and we thought the location was excellent. You are not on the beach but the resort has parking close by for beach goers. As far as the units go they are spacious, a little dated but clean. There is a main enterance with two sides connected. The washer and dryer are located in this main enterance. Very convenient. We went in February and were very disappointed that most restaurants were closed for the season, very limited places to eat but you should have no problem in September. There are many steps up to the second level so if you have any problem I would call ahead and ask for the first floor level. While you are there take a drive to Maneo. It isn't far.......and it is a great little town. Good shopping and restaurants. Also be sure to visit the Wright Brothers Museum...very interesting. Have fun!!

vkhome

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Turns out the week will actually be 5/26 (over the Memorial Day weekend).

It will be a 1 bedroom, mini kitchen (just 2 of us). Anyone know how large that unit is?

Also, I want to see Hatteras- how long a drive (realistically)from there?
Thanks again.