• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Barefoot Condominiums in SD

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
The buyer of one of my timeshare weeks wants to try to send her parents to this resort next summer on an RCI exchange. Anyone have opinions about the place? Is it worthwhile for someone who'd like to stay there in mid-summer? Is there availability? Can someone who has an RCI deposit check to see if it even comes up as a potential exchange? (I have no RCI weeks on deposit, so can't check for myself.) Are there better resorts than this one in or near the Black Hills?

Any other advice I can pass along to my buyer? She's also a friend and coworker, so I don't want to give her false hope.

Thanks,
Dave

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was there last summer.
I was worried that I wouldn't be able to make it because I had surgery and saw that there were a lot of other weeks available for later in the summer.
I think she would get it rather easily as there seem to be lots of deposits.

My building was older, acceptable but really not that nice.
It is an out of the way location for sightseeing in the summer, but it is the only timeshare in the state.

I did submit a very thorough review.

susieq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
We were there two years ago ~ had an absolutely wonderful vacation. Did a review on it also ~ with pictures. We were there in August, weather was great, such a nice area. Rapmarks is right, it's the only resort in the area, but very central, and there's so much to do. Didn't spend too much time in the resort, but it was nice! Anything else I might be able to answer for you, PM me.

Sue

BTW ~ you might want to avoid the week of the Sturgis Rally, (unless that's what you want), even the tours won't operate that week ~ just too many bikes.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thanks very much. I did read the reviews previously, and had passed along the info to my buyer. It sounds to be perfect for all that it is, and isn't.

We're in the middle of an escrow involving the sale of a t/s in Hawaii, and of course, that always takes extra time to complete. She was concerned that by the time we get the deal closed, there won't be any availability for that resort for next Summer. Sounds as if there should be something they can use.

Dave