• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Banned from presentation

FunnyFarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Point @ Poipu, Lawai Beach Resort, MROP/VRI, Worldmark
I was ther at Poipu Tanksgiving week.
they were offering $200.
I was told I was unlikely to buy so they would not offer the bait and give me the presentation.
Ower since 1996 and an original deeded week full float.
Never converted to points

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Consider yourself lucky. I’ve attended multiple presentations after they had made offers I couldn’t refuse. It doesn’t matter how low key it is I still feel uncomfortable in those presentations. This is from an educated consumer so I can understand how they can twist numbers and confuse those people that know nothing about timeshares. Unfortunately, they rely on the salesperson for “factual” statements prior to making a big financial decision.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
When I check in at Poipu, they always send me to John. We have a nice conversation, but he always tries to get the two of us to attend a presentation. This has been happening since we bought in 2004. We've never said yes. I'll be checking in again soon. I'll see if they've given up on us yet.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Eventually we get old enough that they don't want us at a presentation unless we are senile, lol.

Bill

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Eventually we get old enough that they don't want us at a presentation unless we are senile, lol.

Bill
The older, more vulnerable you are, the more they WANT you at a presentation

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The older, more vulnerable you are, the more they WANT you at a presentation

To get them going maybe saying "where do I sign up to own here" a few times would make them want you at their presentation. Once you are seated saying "I'm not wearing my diaper today and I ate something that wants out " might get them to hurry.

Bill

callwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
To get them going maybe saying "where do I sign up to own here" a few times would make them want you at their presentation. Once you are seated saying "I'm not wearing my diaper today and I ate something that wants out " might get them to hurry.

Bill
Or fall out of your chair on to the floor, slowly get up and say i need some orange juice and a lawyer!

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
I'm also banned. Diamond Resorts does this more than most companies.

FunnyFarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Point @ Poipu, Lawai Beach Resort, MROP/VRI, Worldmark
When I check in at Poipu, they always send me to John. We have a nice conversation, but he always tries to get the two of us to attend a presentation. This has been happening since we bought in 2004. We've never said yes. I'll be checking in again soon. I'll see if they've given up on us yet.
John is the back office now not at the desk.
We did however talk to him, he was the one who was trying for us.
Gave us oranges from his tree and had a nice conversation with him as usual.

quikitikit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort (EVR), Marriott Newport Coast (NCV), Marriott Destination Club Trust Points
We went to Hilton update yesterday. Own 1 week at Lake Tahoe 2 bedrooms 2 baths but really studio and 1 bedroom (fixed week but I can book as floating week at Diamond Resorts) now a Hilton Vacation Club. We were asked to do update to Hilton and offered free dinner (at a great steak & seafood restaurant) and prepaid Mastercard for $200. I said up front to salesman, I wasn’t buying any Hilton points (was kicked out of Hilton Honors program decades ago and haven’t stayed in a Hilton since). Bought Marriott week resale and bought Marriott points and we are very happy. Salesman still provided offer of $16,000 - 8,000 discount = $8,000. His manager came in to offer, then exit lady who offered 11,000 points to try a Hilton. No thanks to all. We got our prepaid $200 Mastercard and the dinner after 90 minutes. always get something for your time. Better to get something versus being banned, and get nothing, don’t you think?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We went to Hilton update yesterday. Own 1 week at Lake Tahoe 2 bedrooms 2 baths but really studio and 1 bedroom (fixed week but I can book as floating week at Diamond Resorts) now a Hilton Vacation Club. We were asked to do update to Hilton and offered free dinner (at a great steak & seafood restaurant) and prepaid Mastercard for $200. I said up front to salesman, I wasn’t buying any Hilton points (was kicked out of Hilton Honors program decades ago and haven’t stayed in a Hilton since). Bought Marriott week resale and bought Marriott points and we are very happy. Salesman still provided offer of $16,000 - 8,000 discount = $8,000. His manager came in to offer, then exit lady who offered 11,000 points to try a Hilton. No thanks to all. We got our prepaid $200 Mastercard and the dinner after 90 minutes. always get something for your time. Better to get something versus being banned, and get nothing, don’t you think?
The bigger question is, why were you kicked out of the Hilton Honors program?

quikitikit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort (EVR), Marriott Newport Coast (NCV), Marriott Destination Club Trust Points
The bigger question is, why were you kicked out of the Hilton Honors program?
I did not know I had to stay at least 1 night each year to stay in the program.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was ther at Poipu Tanksgiving week.
they were offering $200.
I was told I was unlikely to buy so they would not offer the bait and give me the presentation.
Ower since 1996 and an original deeded week full float.
Never converted to points
To the OP, count your blessing, no more sales presentation.

callwill

TUG Member
Reaction score

Bill
and then get up and look at the seat of the chair with concern...

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score

Bill
Yes, do they have a cut off? So tired of being pressured when all I want us my parking pass

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, do they have a cut off? So tired of being pressured when all I want us my parking pass

I would have to say there is no cut off. Some resorts don't have a sales staff available but the ones that do seem to require extra steps to check in like the parking pass / welcome package, resort map, concierge service and what ever. I some times wonder if the towel person or maid will be asking us to attend, lol.

Bill

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I did not know I had to stay at least 1 night each year to stay in the program.
I believe that the criteria is some points activity at least every 18 months. Staying in a hotel using points is one. We pay our Hilton Timeshare maintenance with our HHonors card every year to show activity even if we don't stay one night in a Hilton Hotel.