• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Banking our Paniolo Greens Week question

MLR

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We currently belong to RCI - but we are considering banking our week elsewhere this time. We usually cannot get another week in Hawaii for the TPUs RCI offers us - even for our xmas week! I don't usually do the ongoing search. That is probably the problem. But it irritates me that everything costs SO MUCH now on RCI.

We are considering HTSE or maybe Trading Places Maui. Does anyone know if we are ''allowed'' to bank our Paniolo Week with anyone besides RCI? How would I find out? Thanks everyone.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I believe you can check with those other exchange company and they will tell you.

MLR

TUG Member
Reaction score
I emailed Trading Places Maui. I will contact HTSE as well. Thanks

MLR

TUG Member
Reaction score
What about Trading Places International? Has anyone used them? Fees are reasonable. Just want to make certain that whoever we bank with that we end up being able to go back to Hawaii in 2019 - that there is decent availability. 1st choice Kauai. 2nd choice Maui. #3 Big Island (been there several times already)

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Love Trading Places Maui. We belong since we own at Maui Hill. They should take your Paniolo Greens week.

cowboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interval International could be used. You can either deposit the unit with them or use the request first method so if you don't get your request you can use the week you reserved. I think Interval is the only exchange company that has this feature which makes them the best in my opinion.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Interval International could be used. You can either deposit the unit with them or use the request first method so if you don't get your request you can use the week you reserved. I think Interval is the only exchange company that has this feature which makes them the best in my opinion.
Don't you have fo be a member of II in order to use them?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
HTSE is located at Lawai Beach resort on Kauai, and they have a lot of Kauai inventory.

To bank a week with HTSE, you will make a home resort reservation, and then send that confirmation to HTSE - you don't have to discuss it with your home resort, and I wouldn't, because they may try to impede the deposit, even though it's not really legal for them to do so. HTSE will be able to tell you exactly how to handle it.

You can also pay for an upgrade to get a larger unit - this is a nice feature.

Also - HTSE doesn't assign trading power (any week will trade for any week) so your Paniolo Greens week will do better with them than with RCI.

Paniolo Greens is not listed in the Interval Registry, except as "Shell Vacations at Paniolo Greens," so I don't believe they are affiliated with Interval.

MLR

TUG Member
Reaction score
HTSE is located at Lawai Beach resort on Kauai, and they have a lot of Kauai inventory.

To bank a week with HTSE, you will make a home resort reservation, and then send that confirmation to HTSE - you don't have to discuss it with your home resort, and I wouldn't, because they may try to impede the deposit, even though it's not really legal for them to do so. HTSE will be able to tell you exactly how to handle it.

You can also pay for an upgrade to get a larger unit - this is a nice feature.

Also - HTSE doesn't assign trading power (any week will trade for any week) so your Paniolo Greens week will do better with them than with RCI.

Paniolo Greens is not listed in the Interval Registry, except as "Shell Vacations at Paniolo Greens," so I don't believe they are affiliated with Interval.

Thanks Denise! I am torn between HTSE and TP Maui. We usually travel early December (our ann.) so usually not peak time. I already have our week scheduled for xmas week this year. No problem there. But won't be able to schedule our 2019 week until Dec 2017 (2 year window). We have an EOYO float week.

We just want to go with the Exchange that will likely have the most inventory for Dec. 2-16, 2019. If that makes any sense. We have not been happy with RCI. Even when we bank right away the TPUs are not enough to get us a week on Maui or Kauai - usually.

So glad to know that there is nothing prohibiting us from banking with HTSE or TP Maui. :0)

MLR

TUG Member
Reaction score
We banked our Xmas 2017 week with Trading Places Maui. (not the same and Trading Places Int'l.)

We are heading to Kauai in a few weeks and will be staying at Lawaii Beach so we will stop by and talk with the HTSE folks while there. May bank our 2019 week with them :0) That way, we will get a feel for both companies that way. We will scope out all the TS's on Kauai (will be there 3 weeks) so we know what area they are located and how they look. We are not real picky. We just are so grateful to BE in HAWAII!!

Mahalo for all your Kokua!

Hope it is 'sunny' wherever you are :0)