• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Backed out... Thanks Everyone

Smoke

Reaction score
I just want to thank everyone here for the great information and a community that is not on the developers side.

We were just sold on a EOY 3400 point 1br gold week at the Elara, MF were 1050.xx EOY. We looked at it as paying 525 essential per year for MF's this was sold to us for 14,xxx.xx. The whole HGVC program is a very wonderful vacation program but after signing the docs and walking off the sales room floor my gutt feeling had me and my wife asking ourselves what we just got ourselves into? After about 40 min of reading though different situations and reading threads of others that bought from the developers it became very apparent that we made a life long mistake.

We followed the directions on the paperwork and walked right back up to the sales room floor the next morning and rescinded the contract given the 5 day grace period, Nevada State Laws. They tried everything to get us to keep or trade what we bought for something "Better". I also sent in a recession letter by mail a as directed in the cancellation paperwork as precaution as alot of members here said not to rescind where we bought the timeshare.

It took Hilton exactly 1 week to issue a refund and we recieved our refund on our credit card on Friday. The recession process is not as hard or as bad as I though it would be. Just do everything exactly as written in your cancellation paperwork and you will be in the clear. I do think the hgvc program is something I would like to get into and I will be looking at resale units. I will be doing alot of homework here before buying resale.

Tugg will be getting a well deserved donation from me. and to the regulars in the hgvc forum (you guys know who you are) I just want to thank you guys for all your time and advice in other people posts.

Sorry for the long post and thanks again to the tugg community

Cheers

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
It took Hilton exactly 1 week to issue a refund and we recieved our refund on our credit card on Friday. The recession process is not as hard or as bad as I though it would be. Just do everything exactly as written in your cancellation paperwork and you will be in the clear. I do think the hgvc program is something I would like to get into and I will be looking at resale units. I will be doing alot of homework here before buying resale.

Congratulations on saving $14000! Your gut told you right, and you did the right thing to rescind. In no other industry would you be pressured into making such an expensive decision on the spot, with no research or opportunity to review other offers. There is nothing they sold you that can't be purchased again, so if your research convinces you that buying from the Developer is the right choice to make, you can buy it again. But I know from personal experience that once you research the resale market, you'll find a much cheaper way to get the same kind of vacation experiences.

HGVC is a good program, but there are numerous ways to get into, and around inside, the program. Good luck with your research, and stick around - Tug is an amazing site that does a world of good on many levels. You'll find folks here happy to help you learn how to buy HGVC resale, and how to use it once you do.

Dave

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I just want to thank everyone here for the great information and a community that is not on the developers side.

We were just sold on a EOY 3400 point 1br gold week at the Elara, MF were 1050.xx EOY. We looked at it as paying 525 essential per year for MF's this was sold to us for 14,xxx.xx. The whole HGVC program is a very wonderful vacation program but after signing the docs and walking off the sales room floor my gutt feeling had me and my wife asking ourselves what we just got ourselves into? After about 40 min of reading though different situations and reading threads of others that bought from the developers it became very apparent that we made a life long mistake.

We followed the directions on the paperwork and walked right back up to the sales room floor the next morning and rescinded the contract given the 5 day grace period, Nevada State Laws. They tried everything to get us to keep or trade what we bought for something "Better". I also sent in a recession letter by mail a as directed in the cancellation paperwork as precaution as alot of members here said not to rescind where we bought the timeshare.

Tugg will be getting a well deserved donation from me. and to the regulars in the hgvc forum (you guys know who you are) I just want to thank you guys for all your time and advice in other people posts.

Cheers

Congratulations :clap: and Welcome to TUG :hi:

Thanks for taking the time to share your story and your words of thanks to the TUG Community. :thumbup:

We’re all very fortunate to have TUG :)

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard

Cheers

Congrats! Welcome to Tug and don’t be a stranger.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

Cheers
Tug rocks! Welcome to our forum and so glad you found us in time.

HGVC is a wonderful system. Once you learn all about it, you will know what a good resale prices is.

Hsahota1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV

Cheers
Wow glad you found Tug in time. I purchased something similar off of resale and paid approx 5% of what you paid with the MF paid for. Some great tips on here people willing to help. Good luck!

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Great work on saving that 14k. With a little research you will could be spending half of that $14k for a contract with twice as many points every year.

Do lots of research and approach it slowly.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Tugg will be getting a well deserved donation from me, and to the regulars in the hgvc forum (you guys know who you are)...

BTW, the regulars also accept donations... :p

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
grats on saving 14k!

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Glad you saved all that money. Now take your time looking and I’m sure you will find a much better deal thru TUG.
Silentg

Chop999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the savings! $1 per point seems to be what’s discussed but if you are patient and hunt you can find it for much less. Good luck!

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats also on running the gauntlet of talking with them again and still resisting. Common suggestion here is to do the letter and not talk with them as they will do just what they did to you. Personally, I'd want to mess with them, but that's just me :)

Cheers.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Welcome to TUG and congratulations. Now that is done, you can relax and research if TS and HGVC is still a fit for you and your family (resale of course). We do have a great group of HGVC TUG members who are willing to help with your questions. And the HGVC does treat their resales owners very well.