• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

back surgery and looking to exhange exchanges, where to post?

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at back surgery and trying to figure out at least a month of recovery time where I will miss the least amount of work and not miss my son's graduation etc. We have a week [next summer] and I want to know where I can post to see if someone would like to do a guest certificate to guest certificate exchange for later in the summer, so I could do the surgery [then]. I don't want to put it on exchange if that is against policy, but it seems like direct trades don't get much results.
Thanks,
Liz

Last edited by a moderator:

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, if SFX doesn't get back to me with a possible way to change to a later date, I will do that.
Liz

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Liz Wolf-Spada said:
Thanks, if SFX doesn't get back to me with a possible way to change to a later date, I will do that.
Liz

Liz,
Sorry to hear about your pending surgery. I had a laminectomy 20+ years ago (L-4 & L-5) and it was the best decision I ever made.

I 'think' that SFX wouldn't mind if you rented your week. Drop them a note, or call, and see what they say. If they don't care you could advertise it on one of the many web sites out there (Redweek, myresortnetwork, etc).

Phil

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
philemer said:
Liz,
Sorry to hear about your pending surgery. I had a laminectomy 20+ years ago (L-4 & L-5) and it was the best decision I ever made.

I 'think' that SFX wouldn't mind if you rented your week. Drop them a note, or call, and see what they say. If they don't care you could advertise it on one of the many web sites out there (Redweek, myresortnetwork, etc).

Phil

I asked Mark about this a few months ago and he said SFX doesn't allow exchange weeks to be rented.

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't want to rent my week, I want to use it, but I thought maybe someone had a similar week later on and we could just do a guest certificate exchange.
Liz

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Liz Wolf-Spada said:
I don't want to rent my week, I want to use it, but I thought maybe someone had a similar week later on and we could just do a guest certificate exchange.
Liz

I guess I misread your post. I'd take Dave's advice. What you are trying to do seems VERY difficult. Good luck, especially with the back.

Thanks, Denise.

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
One of the problems we timeshare nuts have is booking 13 months ahead of time, assuming all will be OK when the time comes. Sometimes it isn't.

In Sept. gallbladder problems caused me to cancel an insured II week and I filed a claim which they covered nicely. To avoid that again, the gallbladder is coming out - but not till late January - and I'm supposed to be in Florida 3 weeks later for my usual month-long stay. However, the doc says everyone recovers differently, and the older you are (me?) the slower the recovery. Also, he says if they need to do 'open' surgery the recovery time could be 4-6 weeks --- thus it could conflict with my timeshare bookings as I won't know the outcome until out-it-comes. :)

So, the advantages of booking 13 months ahead has benefits and disadvantages, but I guess health comes first. But you do feel up in the air when something like that happens to possibly affect advance bookings. I want to use them but might not be able to. Decisions decisions. The only benefit I've seen from the gallbladder problems is a 25lb weight loss since July as I'm afraid to eat most foods.

Brian

hibbert6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Depends on what ya wanna do down there!

Brian,

Even if you're not fully recovered you can still be a beach bum in Florida. :) In DisneyWorld if you present a doctor's note they will give you a wheelchair (if necessary) and a pass that puts you and yours to the front of the ride lines! 'Course, that may not appeal to you 3 weeks after surgery! But ask your doc if the surgery will be done with the tiny incision method (I forgot what the medical term is). One of my students just had his appendix removed with only a 4-stitch incision! This type of surgery heals much more quickly. Best of luck!

Dave

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I've decided to either postpone surgery, (I'm doing really well at the moment) or do it right before Easter, so my timeshare week in Hawaii should be fine.
Liz