• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Avoiding COVID at Disneyland

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
My family of 4 went to Disneyland fairly recently and we all avoided getting COVID.

We stayed at Peacock Suites in Anaheim, which is a pretty nice little timeshare. I had never stayed there before so I wasn't sure what to expect. It's not super airy like the beach timeshares but it DOES have good ventilation, which definitely helps in COVID prevention. The pool is semi-outdoors (has 2 walls and a roof which gives nice shade but open to two sides to allow ventilation). They have a space they call the 'Peacock Park' which is more like a lounge but it's only partly indoors. That space has 3 walls and a roof. In there, they have a large TV and seating area, a foosball table, a large dining table, and a pool table.

We brought our HEPA filter and placed it near the door in the main room to our unit. We opened the window a bit to allow some additional airflow.

Housekeeping would not enter our room during our stay but they were excellent in taking our trash left outside our room and in bringing us additional towels, sheets, coffee, and let us borrow a vacuum cleaner for a day to tidy up. Many of them wore masks but not all.

At Peacock you must valet. For a fee. Yuck. BUT they have two electric vehicle chargers - one Tesla and one more universal. So for us, the fee wasn't so bad since we got free charging. The staff was very nice but they don't mask. We just let our cars air out by rolling down the windows after we got them from valet.

At Disneyland we went on a weekday in a nonpeak season to try to avoid some crowds (impossible). I highly highly highly recommend using the Genie+ option because it saves so much time waiting in lines. And if you can avoid those crowded lines... that's also a COVID risk reduction. Anything where you can reduce the amount of time you spend in crowded spaces will reduce your chances of getting sick - from anything. It also obviously makes the entire experience much more pleasant if you don't spend half the day standing in lines.

We wore KF94 masks indoors for rides, shopping, etc. Additionally, Disneyland has hand sanitizer throughout the place now, so you can sanitize your hands here and there along your day.

We ate outdoors and as far away from other people as possible. We also spent some time at Tom Sawyer Island, which is the least busy area of the park. It gave us a chance to rest and snack in a bit more peace.

Before traveling, we got boosted. The extra protection from the vaccine helped us feel confident to open up our risk budget a bit for this fun family adventure.

Even though Disneyland has a lot of ventilation, it's been known as a hot spot for various infectious disease outbreaks in the past. So we wanted to stay safe while having a good time and we very much succeeded. The entire family enjoyed it.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the most intense Covid hotspots in America. I would never have gone there even if you paid me and gave me a free stay at our nearby timeshare. Yikes.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Kids that attend in-person school are at MUCH higher risk of catching Covid than anyone visiting Disneyland for one day.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Talking about Adults visiting Disney not kids. So the school reference is not applicable here. Thanks.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Talking about Adults visiting Disney not kids. So the school reference is not applicable here. Thanks.
OK, then the analogy is to working indoors in any office or business where there are more than just family-members.

My point is that we all have our own risk budgets. Disneyland fit into mine BECAUSE we take so many precautions elsewhere (and because of the precautions we took at Disneyland).
This is a great tool for estimating your risk at various activities/events/travels: https://www.microcovid.org/

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just go where i have/want to and use situational awareness. YMMV. PS essential worker here who made it through the entire pandemic going into work in a 500,000 Sq ft production plant every day while a lot of the rest of the country worked from home. Glad your trip worked out for you.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a great tool for estimating your risk at various activities/events/travels: https://www.microcovid.org/
Wow, I’m at a dangerously high risk. I don’t believe it. Been in this setting for two months, but got covid in August around fewer people. I won’t change my lifestyle.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Wow, I’m at a dangerously high risk. I don’t believe it. Been in this setting for two months, but got covid in August around fewer people. I won’t change my lifestyle.
"Dangerously high" means a ~14% chance of catching Covid.

A recent infection likely has some 'natural immunity' for a bit of time, adding some protection and making that situation temporarily less risky. Similar for recent vaccination.

geekette

Reaction score
Bella, I’m surprised you took the trip as I know you have been super careful from the start. I’m glad you A) took a trip B) had fun and c) stayed healthy

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Bella, I’m surprised you took the trip as I know you have been super careful from the start. I’m glad you A) took a trip B) had fun and c) stayed healthy

Well, we all have different risk budgets and priorities. A lot of people seem to think that if you take one risk you should take all risks and vice versa if you don't take risks that they would take then you shouldn't take any other risks either. But like I said, we have a risk budget and we spend our risk in situations that are necessary or valuable to us. We can avoid the risks from in-person school, in-person work, visiting the gym, etc. So we had some allowance to be able to spend at Disneyland.

That said, I would not go right now. I would wait because the holidays cause a peak all kinds of infectious diseases. Right now, Orange County declared a state of emergency about RSV.