• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Avenue Plaza, New Orleans

rsnash

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Most of the reviews I've seen here for Avenue Plaza (AVP) were generally negative, mostly because it is outside the FQ. I thought I'd start a new thread specifically about it because it is my favorite TS to stay at in NOLA, and I thought I'd share why. For comparison, we have previously stayed at the Quarter House (QHS) and Hotel de L'eau Vive (HLE), and visited Hotel de la Monnaie (HLM) the last time we were there.

After staying in or near the FQ in our first several trips to NO, we got tired of the noise and features of the FQ and not having a car (having not rented one due to difficulty parking). I called around to the various resorts and found that AVP has reasonable parking fees with valet service (I think it was $8/day the first time we stayed there and $10/day the last time... I just called so as of today it is $10/day + tax so $11.20/day). Hotel de la Monnaie has a free self parking garage, but they could not guarantee a space for every unit. The AVP valet parking is unlimited in and out and you just pull right up to the front of the hotel, so it is worth the charge to me. HLE and QHS and most other FQ TS send you to outside garages with fees around $30/day without in and out privileges, so not worth renting a car if you stay there - just take cabs. The parking issue is the main reason why we did not bother to visit/tour the other TS possibilities in NO. I called around, AVP and HLM are the only ones with free or reasonable parking.

AVP is on St. Charles St., right on the streetcar line, so even if you don't have a car, it is easy to get to places using the streetcar or the Magazine Ave bus, or a cab.

It has the nicest pool of the resorts I've visited. Still small, but larger and deeper than most of the FQ TS.

We like to have a king sized bed. Most NO TS resorts only have queen sized beds. To get a king sized bed at AVP, you have to take an Efficiency. It is like a nice sized hotel room with a kitchenette (large fridge, microwave, electric burners, no oven). The 1 BR only has a queen in the small bedroom and also has a small LR w/sleeper couch and same kitchenette. We generally only make breakfast in the room, so the kitchenette is enough for us. Also, we go as a couple, no kids, so the E is big enough for us.

I like the quieter, lower GD, location of AVP. I just don't want to stay in the FQ anymore. Last time we were in NO, we only went to the FQ twice, once on streetcar run to Cafe du Monde, another time we drove and paid to park, for a restaurant we wanted to try.

Conclusion: if you need lots of room because you're going with kids or another couple, then don't stay at AVP. But, if you like a quieter area, want a decent pool, you've been to NO before (most first timers feel they must stay in the FQ), and are just a couple, then I highly recommend AVP.

cissy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this post. I'm hoping to visit NO for Jazzfest, and wondered which locations would be quieter than the FQ, and also on the streetcar line. Have the units been refurbished recently? Any idea about how far or how long it will take to get to the fest from there?

rsnash

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know when the last refurbishment was, I don't own there. In fact it is now a Wyndham property and had a lot of work done to the public spaces since the Katrina damage (it was closed for at least six months after Katrina, due to basement flooding). Which reminds me, it has a much nicer lobby area than most of the FQ TSs, including a computer room, in case you don't bring your laptop.

So, you'll have to call on refurbishment. I would say the place doesn't feel brand spanking new, but it isn't run down either.

Oh, I forgot about laundry - there's a set of washer/dryer on every other floor if I remember correctly. I don't recall if they supplied detergent. I think I brought some in a baggie from home.

As for Jazz fest, I haven't been to the festival itself, but I've been to restaurants near the grounds, it's not too far a drive (10 min?), but you wouldn't walk there.

PS - Cissy - I love Ocean Pointe, we've stayed there twice. I'm looking forward to the new Marriott they're building on the north end of Singer Island.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'd say your experience, while good for you, is atypical for most people who visit New Orleans for pleasure (not business). Most tourists *want to* visit the French Quarter, in fact want to spend most of their visit there. By your own admission you only visited the FQ twice in a week.

I personally like Hotel de la Monnaie if I am going to have an auto. I've never had problems finding a parking space. Its also close to the Riverfront Streetcar, and a quick transfer to the Canal Streetcar if you don't feel like walking. The French Market is walking distance as are all the restaurants and clubs of Frenchmens' Street.

I like having a car because we've been to New Orleans many times and spend part of several days outside the French Quarter. If I wasn't going to have a car I'd stay at the Quarter House.

Fern

rsnash

TUG Member
Reaction score
By your own admission you only visited the FQ twice in a week.
yes, but it was our 6th visit to NO. As I said, in my conclusion, most first timers want to stay in the FQ. And there are A LOT of really good restaurants not in the FQ, most of the better ones, actually.

rsnash

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to add an update that all the bathrooms have been redone at Avenue Plaza. They are still small, but much nicer than they used to be.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Personally, I think the French Quarter gets a bum rap on the noise thing. I think the location of a facility is less important than the location within a facility. So far as I know, there are no timeshares on Bourbon Street, just hotels.

We've stayed in three different units at Quarter House. One, a 2BR unit where we stay Thanksgiving Weeks, fronts on Rue Chartres. The living area has windows overlooking Chartres but the bedrooms have two or three brick walls between them and the street. Another backs to the alley where garbage trucks visit every morning about 6:30AM. The noise lasts for a few minutes then stops. (At my age, I probably need to get up about then for natural reasons anyway, if you catch my drift!) The third was a completely interior unit overlooking a very small courtyard off the main courtyard. No noise whatsoever that could be attributed to being in the French Quarter.

We've stayed in Mardi Gras Manor on Governor Nicholls, in the residential side of the French Quarter. It is dead quiet but quite a walk from FQ restaurants and entertainment (but closer to the French Market and places the other side of Esplanade).

Club La Pension on Decatur just off Canal is like Quarter House. Some units noisier than others. We stayed in one unit that overlooked the little street between CLP and the Marriott. Taxis used that street as a staging area and the drivers maintained a lively conversation most of the time.

For the life of me, I can't imagine why someone would drive from Avenue Plaza to the French Quarter to go to a restaurant. Well, yes I can. A vehicle specially configured to take a wheelchair or something like that. But, if that's the case, being in the Garden District would be a major disadvantage.

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
yes, but it was our 6th visit to NO. As I said, in my conclusion, most first timers want to stay in the FQ. And there are A LOT of really good restaurants not in the FQ, most of the better ones, actually.

I would not limit the desire to stay in the FQ to first timers. Some may tire of the French Quarter and look to stay somewhere else -- the Warehouse District, the Garden District, or places near Faubourg-Marigny. But, the French Quarter is still a significant part of why most people come to N.O. for non-business/non-convention reasons.

Concur that many good restaurants are not in the French Quarter. But, many are. And, where are the others? Are they concentrated in some other area? Is there a timeshare resort near most of them? Any of them? Is there some place in the city that is a better place to start from to get to these restaurants? Same goes for entertainment, however you choose to define the term, and other popular spots like Jackson Square, the Riverfront, the French Market, Harrah's. These are the reasons people come to New Orleans and why people like to stay in the French Quarter, even though they've been to N.O. way more than six times.

tombo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Everything being equal I would rather stay in the French Quarter. I can walk to everything, back to the room to take a break, and then head out again. As I get older staying outside the Quarter is not a deal breaker like it used to be. I can take a cab or ride the trolley from the room to the quarter and back. During good weather we will now spend the days at the french Market, Jackson Square, walk down Bourbon, etc. We eat lunch, sightsee, shop, eat supper and it is back to the room. No more partying until daylight on Bourbon at my age.

I do not hate the nights on bourbon and will still go there if I am with guy friends, but my wife hates it and will only do Bourbon during the day or early evening hours. When we were young enough to party on Bourbon there was no flashing for beads. Beads for B00b$ isn't just during Mardis Gras, it is now year round ( I am not offended lol). My wife used to tolerate the drunks, THE SMELL (even I gag on occasion) , the Strip joints, the thugs, the hookers, the fights, the pickpockets, etc, etc, on Bourbon Street in her younger years, but now those things make her not enjoy the quarter late nights. When I was younger partying on Bourbon Streer all night was the only reason to go to New Orleans. As I have gotten older the Bourbon Street scene has become the reason to be back in the room before 9:30 watching TV and getting ready to go to sleep.

I have been going to NO for decades and still love it, the difference is now I love NO for different reasons. When I was younger I would have to stay in the Quarter when I travelled to NO because I was going to spend every waking hour on Bourbon and I definetelly was not driving back to my room. Now the Quarter is nice but not the reason for the trip.

From a room in the Garden district I can travel to many great restaurants like Commander's Palace, ride the trolley tothe Zoo, take a walking tour of the historic homes, walk the nice neighborhoods, drive through the giant Oaks covering the streets, ride the trolley to local parks where people throw frisbees, picnic, and walk their pets. From the old days where I spent 100% of my time in the Quarter it has changed to probably 60% to 70% in the Quarter, the other 30% to 40% elsewhere.

I still love to stay in the Quarter but will not hesitate to stay in the Garden District. If you are under 40 years old and/or making your first trip to New Orleans the French Quarter should be your one and only choice for accomodations IMO.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are lots of good reasons for staying at Avenue Plaza as have been outlined in this thread, and lots of good reasons for staying at other places. Moat of the reasons laid out here seem to deal with the location. No one has mentioned the heated swimming pool or the haunted house on the property. and no one has mentioned the reasons for or against owning here

One is its big..most of the timeshares in New Orleans are fairly small (40-60 units)..some very small. (5-15)..Avevenue Plaza has over 250 units, so if you own here, except for the event weeks, its easy to get a reservation. Also parking is cheap, and mf (at least for the studios) is reasonable

But for me the biggest reason to own here has to do with the flexible ownership. My weeks are floating weeks. and they float over the whole year, (except 5 event weeks). I can reserve a week, or just a 3 or 4 day stay, and the split weeks allow check in any day. I also get a "right to use" week.for another maintenance fee.. This right to use week can also be split.

So one ownership can give me 4 weekends in New Orleans.....also the split weeks can overlap so I can bring friends, and we can each have a room of our own Or I can rent one to pay my mf, and stay for free when I go

I know that there are newer resorts, and better located resorts, and , I know the mf is cheaper at some, and there are better facilities at others, but I dont think that there is anyplace that offers the combination of benefits you get with an ownership at Avenue Plaza...I plan on buying another several weeks there this year. and with any luck Ill find a Jazz fest event week.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Tombo and Ron, your personal opinions please and anyone else that wants to chime in

Everything being equal I would rather stay in the French Quarter. I can walk to everything, back to the room to take a break, and then head out again. As I get older staying outside the Quarter is not a deal breaker like it used to be. I can take a cab or ride the trolley from the room to the quarter and back. During good weather we will now spend the days at the french Market, Jackson Square, walk down Bourbon, etc. We eat lunch, sightsee, shop, eat supper and it is back to the room. No more partying until daylight on Bourbon at my age.

I do not hate the nights on bourbon and will still go there if I am with guy friends, but my wife hates it and will only do Bourbon during the day or early evening hours. When we were young enough to party on Bourbon there was no flashing for beads. Beads for B00b$ isn't just during Mardis Gras, it is now year round ( I am not offended lol). My wife used to tolerate the drunks, THE SMELL (even I gag on occasion) , the Strip joints, the thugs, the hookers, the fights, the pickpockets, etc, etc, on Bourbon Street in her younger years, but now those things make her not enjoy the quarter late nights. When I was younger partying on Bourbon Streer all night was the only reason to go to New Orleans. As I have gotten older the Bourbon Street scene has become the reason to be back in the room before 9:30 watching TV and getting ready to go to sleep.

I have been going to NO for decades and still love it, the difference is now I love NO for different reasons. When I was younger I would have to stay in the Quarter when I travelled to NO because I was going to spend every waking hour on Bourbon and I definetelly was not driving back to my room. Now the Quarter is nice but not the reason for the trip.

From a room in the Garden district I can travel to many great restaurants like Commander's Palace, ride the trolley tothe Zoo, take a walking tour of the historic homes, walk the nice neighborhoods, drive through the giant Oaks covering the streets, ride the trolley to local parks where people throw frisbees, picnic, and walk their pets. From the old days where I spent 100% of my time in the Quarter it has changed to probably 60% to 70% in the Quarter, the other 30% to 40% elsewhere.

I still love to stay in the Quarter but will not hesitate to stay in the Garden District. If you are under 40 years old and/or making your first trip to New Orleans the French Quarter should be your one and only choice for accomodations IMO.

I have never been to New Orleans. My husband went once for business about 25 years ago and enjoyed himself immensely.

We're in our early 50's and no longer participate in the party scene. We have the opportunity to stay at Avenue Plaza in a 1BR the week of Fat Tuesday next year or rent the week out.

Probably need to make the decision very soon (airfares). We would really love to go to New Orleans. Going during this week will mean lots of crowds and craziness, more so than during other times. But it will also give us the opportunity to experience Mardi Gras! I don't really feel like I have to be in the French Quarter, but then, I've never been so what do I know (except what I've read on this thread and others). I feel like since this resort is on the streetcar line that using this transportation to go into the French Quarter for the day a couple of times during our stay would suffice since there's lots of other area to explore.

There are lots of good reasons for staying at Avenue Plaza as have been outlined in this thread, and lots of good reasons for staying at other places. Moat of the reasons laid out here seem to deal with the location. No one has mentioned the heated swimming pool or the haunted house on the property. and no one has mentioned the reasons for or against owning here

....... Also parking is cheap, and mf (at least for the studios) is reasonable

Ron, you've always had great things to say about this timeshare. I can appreciate everything you said about the benefits of owning here. Right now, I'm mostly interested in determining whether to use the week this year to go during Fat Tuesday week (for a first time visit) or rent the week out and plan to go during a different time. I've got the feeling that if we're going to go, why not experience it during Mardi Gras, right?! But I really don't know.

Since parking is cheap, should we rent a car for our stay? Would you rent one for the full seven days?

I don't know a whole lot about New Orleans or Mardi Gras, and if we decide to go in February I'll need to start reading up on all of it and planning for it.

Go for the week and take it all in with all the extra crowds and experience Mardi Gras? Or rent the week out and go during a non-Mardi Gras time?

As in this thread, folks have different opinions on everything, and I would love to hear some opinions from folks that know the area or have gone there for vacations, especially during Mardi Gras. Thanks everyone!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple of stories

I just rented to a New Orleans native that wanted a place where he could stay with wife and 2 kids, for Mardi Gras and not have to put up with the French Quarter, Many of the Mardi Gras Parades pass right in front of the building. Families set up on St Charles Ave to watch the parades

Paco, another Tugger also owns here and has posted that its the right place for old guy like himself (sorry Paco, but we are) to enjoy New Orleans.

I rented 22 units here for the BCS football game (college championship game) this past January. I was in close communication with the guest services manager leading up to the game, and told her I was worried about my guests, mostly Alabama fans, doing damage. (that I would have to pay for) She told me in no uncertain terms, that "we dont have trouble here" and they didnt. For Mardi Gras they dont allow you upstairs without an armband, and they limit these to 4 to a room.

Mardi Gras can be a wild time, but this place is more of a family place than the French Quarter. I would go and enjoy it

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Ron, for your input!

A couple of stories

I just rented to a New Orleans native that wanted a place where he could stay with wife and 2 kids, for Mardi Gras and not have to put up with the French Quarter, Many of the Mardi Gras Parades pass right in front of the building. Families set up on St Charles Ave to watch the parades

Paco, another Tugger also owns here and has posted that its the right place for old guy like himself (sorry Paco, but we are) to enjoy New Orleans.

I rented 22 units here for the BCS football game (college championship game) this past January. I was in close communication with the guest services manager leading up to the game, and told her I was worried about my guests, mostly Alabama fans, doing damage. (that I would have to pay for) She told me in no uncertain terms, that "we dont have trouble here" and they didnt. For Mardi Gras they dont allow you upstairs without an armband, and they limit these to 4 to a room.

Mardi Gras can be a wild time, but this place is more of a family place than the French Quarter. I would go and enjoy it

After reading several pages of TripAdvisor reviews and another thread on TUG, how could I not take this opportunity that has been laid before me. I think the Garden District and the Avenue Plaza are the perfect fit for folks like us. I was really impressed with all the great reviews on TripAdvisor.

The armbands are a great benefit, I believe. One person on TA complained about the resort using the armbands and their guests having to purchase them when they visited.

I also enjoyed all the pics on TA of the rooms, courtyard, pool and hot tub! I'm stoked!

Incidentally, I will soon be an owner at this resort. I did a Buy-It-Now on eBay last night. I couldn't pass it up when it included Mardi Gras for 2013. Fantastic price and no closing or transfer costs! Whoopee! :cheer:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats on that ebay sale....can you tell me the ebay item number? so I can see what I missed

Once you own your week here, ask me for the reservation "rules" . Its easy to miss some real opportunities if you dont know the ins and outs at this place.. Also be sure to pay your fees on time and make your reservations early. Because everything floats here and because they allow split weeks and bonus weeks its possible that if you wait too long you will be shut out..ie no rooms for you

regarding armbands: they will give you up to 4 per room when you check in, depending on the number in your party. You can buy up to 4 more (last years price was $20 a day) These are for guests you might have, so they can visit you in your room and more importantly have a place to pee when you are watching a parade with them. . There are locals that will rent a room for Mardi Gras just so they have a toilet to use ...Heres a song thats played on the radio stations in New Orleans around Mardi Gras ...it will give you an idea of what Im talking about

Last I checked the hot tub was out of commission, hopefully its back in service now,

Laissez les bons temps rouler

After reading several pages of TripAdvisor reviews and another thread on TUG, how could I not take this opportunity that has been laid before me. I think the Garden District and the Avenue Plaza are the perfect fit for folks like us. I was really impressed with all the great reviews on TripAdvisor.

The armbands are a great benefit, I believe. One person on TA complained about the resort using the armbands and their guests having to purchase them when they visited.

I also enjoyed all the pics on TA of the rooms, courtyard, pool and hot tub! I'm stoked!

Incidentally, I will soon be an owner at this resort. I did a Buy-It-Now on eBay last night. I couldn't pass it up when it included Mardi Gras for 2013. Fantastic price and no closing or transfer costs! Whoopee! :cheer:

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Glad a TUGger got that one...I saw it and had to hold myself back, LOL. Maybe we'll have a TUG gathering in NOLA one day...with Ron hosting of course! ;)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

If this was the listing 370669460886

I dont think you get Mardi Gras for 2013, This is a week 6...Week 9 is the Mardi Gras event week. Almost everything here is a floating week. They are deeded as a specific week and unit, but they float over the entire year except Mardi Gras, the week before Mardi Gras, The two weeks of Jazz fest and Sugar Bowl. Week 9 is the specified mardi Gras event week, Whenever Mardi Gras falls on the calender (next year week 6) Week 9 owners get Mardi Gras week

Thats one of the "rules" at this place. Week 9 owners are the only ones that can make a reservation for Mardi Gras week

Last edited:

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am very happy with this wk 6. I don't know much about Mardi Gras or NOLA

I dont think you get Mardi Gras for 2013, This is a week 6...Week 9 is the Mardi Gras event week

Thats one of the "rules" at this place. Week 9 owners are the only ones that can make a reservation for Mardi gras week

Still researching and looking forward to it. I can't find anything on week 9, but doesn't matter since I won't be there then. Looks like a lot will be happening during week 6 including parades and Fat Tuesday. :cheer:

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm glad it was me!

Glad a TUGger got that one...I saw it and had to hold myself back, LOL. Maybe we'll have a TUG gathering in NOLA one day...with Ron hosting of course! ;)

I had done a Buy-It-Now on a week 11 at the resort a couple of months ago and was excited about that week. It was listed as a 1BR, but turned out to be a studio, so I cancelled. So when I saw this one, I started researching the week hoping no one would buy it before I checked things out on it. I figured if they did, it wasn't meant to be. They didn't and I can't wait to go! :D

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still researching and looking forward to it. I can't find anything on week 9, but doesn't matter since I won't be there then. Looks like a lot will be happening during week 6 including parades and Fat Tuesday. :cheer:

Yes if you look at the calendar, Mardi Gras is in week 6 but you missed my point... week 6 owners cant make a reservation for Mardi gras.

If Im right you will not be able to make a reservation for Mardi Gras next year or any year with a week six ownership.

Only the Mardi Gras Event Week owners can book Mardi Gras...and unfortunately thats not you. I will be happy to make a conference call with you to discuss this with the reservations desk so you can know what you are buying before you buy it

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had done a Buy-It-Now on a week 11 at the resort a couple of months ago and was excited about that week. It was listed as a 1BR, but turned out to be a studio, so I cancelled. So when I saw this one, I started researching the week hoping no one would buy it before I checked things out on it. I figured if they did, it wasn't meant to be. They didn't and I can't wait to go! :D

In my opinion the studios are the better deal they sleep 4 just like the one bedrooms, but the mf is 502 vs 644

SOS8260456

TUG Member
Reaction score
You missed my point... If Im right you will not be able to make a reservation for Mardi Gras next year or any year with a week six ownership

I think they need to read my question on that other thread about what happens when Mardi Gras falls on a week other than week 9.

So if Mardi Gras falls on their week 6 next year, they will actually have to go week 9....

This is a prime example of how complicated due diligence can be.

When we first got into timesharing we learned by trial and error, but back then, it was very easy to resell our "mistakes" for what we paid or even for a profit. We started buying resale from the start and only did some developer purchases later on after much much research and debating (ie ending up with Wyndham VIP).

These days it is much more difficult to get rid of any "mistakes".

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points

I dont think you get Mardi Gras for 2013, This is a week 6...Week 9 is the Mardi Gras event week. Almost everything here is a floating week. They are deeded as a specific week and unit, but they float over the entire year except Mardi Gras, the week before Mardi Gras, The two weeks of Jazz fest and Sugar Bowl. Week 9 is the specified mardi Gras event week, Whenever Mardi Gras falls on the calender (next year week 6) Week 9 owners get Mardi Gras week

Thats one of the "rules" at this place. Week 9 owners are the only ones that can make a reservation for Mardi Gras week

This is where eBay gets a little crazy. The ad says nothing about floating and states a fixed unit and fixed week. That doesn't make it so but I call the resorts when looking on eBay to see if what the ads say is what is really true.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is where eBay gets a little crazy. The ad says nothing about floating and states a fixed unit and fixed week. That doesn't make it so but I call the resorts when looking on eBay to see if what the ads say is what is really true.

What this ad said is true...as far as it goes. The week is deeded as a specific unit and week. I have several estopples for some of the weeks I own here and although its clear on them what week and unit is being sold and that there are no past due fees; how the ownership works is not included

There is no way that the ebay seller would know unless the original owner told them. and unless they tried to make a Mardi Gras, or Jazz Fest or Sugar Bowl reservation, sometime in their ownership, they wouldnt know either

Calling the resort might help, but unless you ask the right questions you wont get the answers you need. And the reservations desk wont talk to you unless you own here

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I misunderstood what you were referring to about the week 6

Yes if you look at the calendar, Mardi Gras is in week 6 but you missed my point... week 6 owners cant make a reservation for Mardi gras.

If Im right you will not be able to make a reservation for Mardi Gras next year or any year with a week six ownership.

Only the Mardi Gras Event Week owners can book Mardi Gras...and unfortunately thats not you. I will be happy to make a conference call with you to discuss this with the reservations desk so you can know what you are buying before you buy it

I was aware that I wouldn't get "Mardi Gras" week every year. That's not a biggie for me. I have my reasoning why this week is perfect for me, being a fixed week and for this time frame of the year. I really don't care for floating weeks. The fact that the first use fell on the week of Mardi Gras was just a huge bonus, combined with the price and no closing or transfer costs.

But THANK YOU SO MUCH :cheer: for offering up the opportunity to do a conference call. I appreciate that. I'm giddy with excitement about this trip and the resort.

You're the one that brought attention to this resort for me. Thanks! :wave:

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is fixed week 6. I knew going in that I wouldn't get MG every year

I think they need to read my question on that other thread about what happens when Mardi Gras falls on a week other than week 9.

So if Mardi Gras falls on their week 6 next year, they will actually have to go week 9....

This is a prime example of how complicated due diligence can be.

When we first got into timesharing we learned by trial and error, but back then, it was very easy to resell our "mistakes" for what we paid or even for a profit. We started buying resale from the start and only did some developer purchases later on after much much research and debating (ie ending up with Wyndham VIP).

These days it is much more difficult to get rid of any "mistakes".

I have researched this resort a bit and have spoke with the resort a couple of times, and still did not have the "right" information. Then I did not understand what was being said to me by Ron.

I think I get it now. Thanks every one!:)

Last edited: