• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Availability issues, using monthly calendar

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I don't have enough time or breathe to try and report this. How often does this happen, who knows? But I can repeat it here, so here's my steps.

It doesn't matter if I use a Purchase Type of Developer or Resale. If I went by my first results, I would not have booked a room I was interested in.

I am looking for Jan 21-24, 2022 at Steamboat Springs.

Going to the resort page, selecting Monthly Calendar, and advancing to Jan 2022, this is what I see:

1633106020736.png

Now select Jan 21.... Since it is bolded, I should be able to, right? (But I can't, I get the message it's not available).

1633106103681.png

Now toggle the 'Include accessible suites' checkbox -- uncheck and recheck:

1633106166740.png

Voila -- you can book it (orig there were 2 rooms, I was a able to successfully book the other one).
1633106237158.png

It does appear during first search, once I filter for accessible, using the top bar to search:

1633106677610.png

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Wow, glitch revealed. Thank you for posting!

troy12n

Reaction score
The website has been jacked up since they made the change which hides 1 night stays which we cant book in early September

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Thanks for posting this. Sorry for the delay - was away at Shawnee on Delaware for a long weekend - I'll get this in front of the appropriate Wyndham folks for follow up and add it to our tracking sheet.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nevermind. I see that "Include accessible units" was checked from the beginning.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Thanks for posting this. Sorry for the delay - was away at Shawnee on Delaware for a long weekend - I'll get this in front of the appropriate Wyndham folks for follow up and add it to our tracking sheet.
My sister is there now (Shawnee :)) - they love it (first time for them). Thanks for following up on this.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
My sister is there now (Shawnee :)) - they love it (first time for them). Thanks for following up on this.

Which section are they staying in? We were in River Village 1 for the first time. Older non-Wyndham units with golf course views. We enjoyed being able to sit out on the screened front porch and watching the golfers while sipping our late morning coffee.

We are heading back last weekend in October staying in Crestview. We love the hiking in the fall weather in that area and it’s only a two hour drive for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Which section are they staying in? We were in River Village 1 for the first time. Older non-Wyndham units with golf course views. We enjoyed being able to sit out on the screened front porch and watching the golfers while sipping our late morning coffee.

We are heading back last weekend in October staying in Crestview. We love the hiking in the fall weather in that area and it’s only a two hour drive for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Depuy, that is how I booked it. They are about 2 hours aways, also (CT). Looking for a quick getaway and nephew played in spikeball tournament close by. They said it was perfect (and I'm guessing they'll be back :)). They have a mobile home they park in PA but moved it further south for the winter.

AtlasRse

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
Old Town Alexandria

Perhaps this is not a "glitch", but very much intended ... It may need to be considered that there are a limited number of Accessible Units at any given Resort and therefore not displayed during a general search ... Perhaps (and again, just perhaps), this is a means by which Wyndham can offer a limited availability of Units to Owners/Guests who have a limitation where Mobility, Visual Assist and/or Hearing Impaired is required ...

So how best can Wyndham provide such availability to an Owner/Guest who has this need ???

How many Owners during a general search would hesitate from booking such Unit if that were the only Unit available at the time of their search ???

Personally, I believe Accessible Units need to be hands-off from general searches unless perhaps the date of travel is within 30-45 days of Travel (or something like that that may otherwise go unused) ...

I took a look at one of our Resorts and it states the following info when viewing their Suite details (and does NOT show up for other standard Suite details):

ACCESSIBLE FEATURES
GUARANTEED ACCESSIBLE FEATURES
  • Access to Patio has 1/4 Inch or Lower Lip
  • All Doors Have Lever Handles
  • Audible Doorbell
  • Audible Fire Alarm
  • Counter Microwave
  • First Floor Mobility
  • Front Control Stove/Range
  • Grab Bars Around Toilet
  • Grab Bars in Tub
  • Handheld Showerhead
  • Mobility Interior Doorways
  • Outlets For Hearing Impaired Equipment
  • Raised Toilet(s)
  • Roll Under Bathroom Sink
  • Roll Under Kitchen Sink
  • Side Transfer Shower
  • Wide-angle Wheelchair Height Peephole

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
Personally, I believe Accessible Units need to be hands-off from general searches unless perhaps the date of travel is within 30-45 days of Travel (or something like that that may otherwise go unused) ...

I've seen discussion on this in the past, and my personal policy is if an accessible unit is the only thing available, I'll book it and call the resort about two weeks before and let them know that if they would like to assign it to a different guest, I'm happy to exchange for a regular unit. It's only happened once to me where I booked a accessible unit this way, but my plans changed and I cancelled it well before check in date.

On the other hand, I was given an accessible unit that I did not request once, and that was fine with me also.

troy12n

Reaction score
I kind of feel like this, if someone absolutely needs an accessible unit, they probably need to book at 10 or 13 months. It's known that there are usually very few of them per resort, so if someone doesn't I guess it's on them

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I've seen discussion on this in the past, and my personal policy is if an accessible unit is the only thing available, I'll book it and call the resort about two weeks before and let them know that if they would like to assign it to a different guest, I'm happy to exchange for a regular unit. It's only happened once to me where I booked a accessible unit this way, but my plans changed and I cancelled it well before check in date.

On the other hand, I was given an accessible unit that I did not request once, and that was fine with me also.

I agree with this approach. Bottom line effect is that if someone who needs an accessible unit isn't able to book one at a resort where I have booked one because it was the last unit available, they aren't able to book because there are no units available at all rather than because I've taken an accessible unit I didn't really need.

There are also some resorts that only make the accessible units for certain unit types available to book, reserving the non-accessible equipped units for tours. Off the top of my head that includes Wyndham Austin 3 BR Presidential units and Wyndham Waikiki Walk 4 BR Presidential units. It seems kind of slimy to me that they give tours of those unit types to entice sales knowing full well that those unit types will never be available to book because they are giving tours of them to entice sales.