• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Australian Points Problems Again: Sandy Point Beach Club

Hoc

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Well, it appears that I am having some problems again with my Australian resort's participation in the points system. I own at Sandy Point Beach Club, which dropped out of the RCI Points system a few years ago. I purchased for the sole purpose of getting RCI points, and when I tried to renew my points contract a couple of years ago, I was given all kinds of problems about renewal.

Now, my points contract is set to expire in 2009, and when I tried to pay renewal fees at a discounted rate, RCI would not let me do it. The excuse given was that Sandy Point Beach Club will not allow a renewal beyond 2009. That was pretty much the same excuse I got last time, until an administrative glitch with RCI was resolved that allowed me to renew. I had been told that, as long as I kept renewing, I would be allowed to continue to deposit my unit for the agreed number of points.

So, what do I do now?

caribbean

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Madge-

I sure wish you could get a solution for this once and for all. You have stated several times that all we have to do is continue to pay our memebrship. But it seems to keep rearing its ugly head every 6 months or so. At my last count there are at least 30 weeks owned at Sandy Point by varoious Tuggers, so it is not just Steve and myself with this problem. Could it be a education problem with new employees?? Anyway, looking for a good answer to this one.

Thanks,

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hoc and Patty,

When it's time to renew, send a message to aumembers@rciap.com to request a renewal form. Please also mention that, while your resort is no longer Points-affiliated, you are continuing your RCI Points account.

If you have any trouble, send an e-mail to feedback@rci.com. This is the process even when the resort is still affiliated with Points if the ownership originated in Australia. However, I'm sure that the resort's status only complicates matters.