• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Aulani at Thanksgiving

hcarman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a Disney Vacation Club owner but not at Aulani. So, I can book only 7 months out. I will stress that this question is not for this year - but during normal times. What are the chances of getting into Aulani at Thanksgiving if I book at the 7 month window. I already know hotel rooms and studios will be gone - but if not picky about room types or view - what are my chances? Anybody have experience trying this? I know it is tough at the FL resorts and Hilton Head - even at 11 month home resort window - but don’t know about Hawaii.
Thanks!

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
If you book exactly at 7 months you should be able to get a studio. It will probably be ocean view (which uses the most points). As you know the cheapest view rooms (hotel,standard) and the 3br grand villas are gone by owners.

If worse comes to worse you should be able to book a 1br ocean view no problem at 7 month mark.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

nomoretslt

Reaction score
Do you have your heart set on Thanksgiving? If you are more flexible, we have stayed twice in mid January and had no issues booking what we wanted at 7 months. We’ve had ocean view, island view and standard. The standard view studio we stayed in for only three nights (we travel from the east coast...so it was fine to readjust our inner clocks and rest). Standard view is typical, but the resort is so gorgeous that it didn’t really matter. Ocean view was very nice, but you can see the ocean from so many spots in the resort. We really liked Island view. If you are locked into Thanksgiving, don’t forget about one time use points for purchase. Although with so many points being put back into the system who knows if they will even offer them any more. We did that our first trip because we were running short on points.

It is so beautiful there!

hcarman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information and good advice on the room views - sounds like there is no need to stress about which view type you get. There are resorts where island view or garden view are not good but sounds like this isn’t the case. And we did realize studio or hotel rooms go first and to owners at Aulani so we will be prepared with points for one bedroom. How about the two bedrooms?
Good reminder on supplementing points - we have not tried that yet. We were concerned when Disney decided owners could borrow just 50% of points as we didn’t know if we would need to borrow more than that. But this is a few years off so who knows what will be going on then.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
We have had ocean view and also standard view. We have booked at this resort several times and have always been able to get what we want at the 7 month window. We are gain staying in late October/early November for Halloween. WE will be staying at another hotel on our arrival day and then going to Aulani the next morning. WE have a standard one bedroom booked again. Our last standard 1 bedroom was on the 14th floor looking at the hill in the back, but we could see all the way to Diamond Head! Our very first ocean view was also on the 14th floor but directly above the bar where they sing Hawaiian songs all night. We have had 2 ocean views overlooking the lawn where they hold the events and luau. We didn't like that location because it is noisy. One time they were having a convention of some sort and two nights we had to listen to opera all night. That is not our favored location.