• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[August Thread] Here's a strange story!

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Shux, that is pretty ugly, but it looks like a classic and probably is now worth $100k

If that Renault is worth $100000, then a Nash Metropolitan would go for at least $500k. :D

Cheers

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
2-cv

If that Renault is worth $100000, then a Nash Metropolitan would go for at least $500k.
It's a Citroen.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Obviously I have no knowledge of "Classic" Cars. :(

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, Mox Nix.

Obviously I have no knowledge of "Classic" Cars.
The real problem is that it's a French car.

And as Click & Clack The Tappet Bros. always say regarding French cars, "The French Copy Nobody & Nobody Copies The French."

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Another Odd Looking Citroen (Different Model).

. . . not that there's anything wrong with that.

BabyBlueCitroenDS.jpg

-- hotlinked --

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Toyota Hybrid Minivan Gets 40 M. P. G.

LeftFront3.jpg

-- hotlinked --
toyota_estima_hybrid_01.jpg

-- hotlinked --

Is it just me, or does that silver Toyota Estima 40-mpg hybrid minivan have a strong resemblance to the greenish Mazda5 in the top picture ?

Too bad the Toyota hybrid minivan isn't available on the USA market. I'd buy 1.

As it is, I may have to settle for Mazda5.

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
When the kids ask what we're driving and the response is "the ugly car" they always get in the right one. :)

Sheila

:hysterical: That is funny Sheila!!! :hysterical:

Alan, you also crack me up as usual. I agree though that the Scion box is a super ugly car. Can't imagine what the draw is for people to buy that one. Brings back bad memories of the Ford Pinto.

Janna

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought the Element was cute until I rode in one.

The back passenger doors won't open unless the front door is open. So if you stop somewhere and one of the kids needs to get out, you have to put the car in park, take off your seat belt, open your door, and only then can the kid open her door and get out. And of course then everything has to stay open till the kid comes back, because she needs to get in first, close her door, and only then can you close your door and put your seat belt back on.

Plus there are only two seats in the second row, only two seat belts, so for this biggish car, you can only have four passengers. No taking the neighbor's kid to school with yours.

It's really the most appallingly designed car. And I always thought Hondas were good!

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brings back bad memories of the Ford Pinto.

Janna

I had two Pintos, a Coupe and Wagon and loved them both. Finally expired around 90-100K miles.

Cheers

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I Got Your Ford Pinto Right Here.

Brings back bad memories of the Ford Pinto.
Pinto was ugly all right, but back then people didn't notice so much, I guess.

Ford%20Pinto.jpg

-- hotlinked --

BTW, the web site from which that Pinto picture is hotlinked has a whole photo gallery dedicated to various Ugly Cars.

Ugly Shmugly, I say. Still beats walking.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I thought the Element was cute until I rode in one.

The back passenger doors won't open unless the front door is open. So if you stop somewhere and one of the kids needs to get out, you have to put the car in park, take off your seat belt, open your door, and only then can the kid open her door and get out. And of course then everything has to stay open till the kid comes back, because she needs to get in first, close her door, and only then can you close your door and put your seat belt back on.

Plus there are only two seats in the second row, only two seat belts, so for this biggish car, you can only have four passengers. No taking the neighbor's kid to school with yours.

It's really the most appallingly designed car. And I always thought Hondas were good!

I suspect that's why the original owner traded this one. They bought it in July and traded it in January. It had 7000 miles on it. It was not only really ugly, and a Honda for sale at a Toyota dealer, but it had a manual transmission. I won't drive anything else on a daily basis, but I'm definitely in the minority.

When it first appeared on the lot I drove by every day, I inquired about it. They wanted a new car price for it. I left town for a couple of weeks not long after that and it was still there when I got back. I inquired again. Still a very high price. I made an offer and the salesman was insulted. He didn't even want to take down my phone number. I sort of insisted and he reluctantly agreed. Before I made it home (7 miles) he had already left a message for me. His counter offer was higher than mine by a bit, but still a real deal for such a new vehicle. The ugly color is starting to grow on me.

We use this for weekend running around and I drive it to work once or twice a month. Not a problem with kids jumping in and out. My only complaint is that the seats don't seem to be real comfy on long trips. I have a bad back, but I'm thinking of taking it to Orlando in a couple of weeks just to see how it goes. DH is opposed to it, so if we are uncomfortable, I'll never hear the end of it. Our minivan needs new tires though, and I'm thinking of trading it, so I hate to put on new ones. It's at 99,000 and is a Chrysler. We might get another 30,000 miles out of it, but that's about it I think.

By the way, my kids LOVE the stadium seats in the back. If there are more than four of us (rare these days since the two oldest moved away) we just drive something else.

You can lay the back seats flat, then fold them up against the windows. It's amazing how much stuff you can put in the back if you only need two seats. I find the seats block my view a bit, but it's fine for moving furniture.

A Honda salesman (who I had worked with in another job years ago) told me that Honda designed these for the young adults. A cheap basic vehicle. They were very surprised to find us old folks snapping them up.

Sheila

Last edited:

sandcastles

TUG Member
Reaction score
If that Renault is worth $100000, then a Nash Metropolitan would go for at least $500k. :D

Cheers

I had a 1955 Nash Met when I was in high school. It would lock in gear every time I would stop at a stop light. We all had to jump out, shake the car up and down, and jump back in. Got a lot of strange looks.

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
. . . not that there's anything wrong with that.

BabyBlueCitroenDS.jpg

-- hotlinked --

Whoa, this brings back memories! When we were stationed overseas, we had a French friend with a top-of-the line Citroen similar to this. It had air shocks - you'd get in, start the engine and then wait for the shocks to get pumped up and lift the body up. It was a smooth ride, as we roamed around the back roads to his favorite restaurants.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
What color is it? I do love that new coppery color they're using on cars.

Mine is the burnt orange. I really like the silver and the blue is pretty nice.

Sheila

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
I looooove that color! You think it's ugly? I think it's so beautiful. But I find all the silver cars in the world so boooring. I love color. We always buy used cars, but we were thinking about buying a Sienna and I told DH it was a good thing that they don't come in that copper color or we would have to buy a new one.

Did you know orange was Frank Sinatra's favorite color? (Now there's a useless bit of info.)

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wackymother,

I think living near and working in Knoxville (home of the unescapable orange madness) has put me off any shade of orange forever. I must admit, however, that this car is WAY easy to find in a parking lot.

:rofl:

Sheila

DG001

TUG Member
Reaction score
How about a hybrid Chrysler Town & Country?

It supposedly gets 45 mpg and is targeted for 2010 production.

chrysler_gallery_1.jpg

Expecting our second child, we are kind of dreading the whole minivan purchase idea! For the longest time, our excuse has been that we are waiting for the Toyota hybrid ... if Chrysler comes out with one, I wonder if Toyota will also announce plans for one.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
For Sale In The Mother Country Only.

Expecting our second child, we are kind of dreading the whole minivan purchase idea! For the longest time, our excuse has been that we are waiting for the Toyota hybrid ... if Chrysler comes out with one, I wonder if Toyota will also announce plans for one.
Toyota's hybrid minivan is already out.

Unfortunately Toyota doesn't offer it in the USA, only in Japan.

So it goes.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
2010 Toyota Prius.

user45382_pic596-450.jpg

-- hotlinked --

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Cool Cars Of The 1950s & 1960s.

Click here for an entertaining flash video featuring those class rides from days gone by.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
. . .

BabyBlueCitroenDS.jpg

-- hotlinked --

That must be a DS10.

Hell, I must be older than dirt to immediately recognise.

My Dad's friend had one. Liked it a lot.