• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Attn UVC Owners / Villa del Palmar / Arco

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Universal Vacation Club (UVC) aka Villa del Palmar aka Villa Group
VPA/Elite/Gold
To all UVC owners:

Recently I was appointed to the UVC Member Advisory Council or MAC. The MAC is a group of UVC owners that provide input to UVC regarding member suggestions/issues/concerns and the like. This group meets four times per year with UVC management usually via conference call. Once a year the group meets in person at the annual UVC Member Social at Villa del Palmar Flamingos. I will be attending the meeting next week.

From UVC:
"The MAC’s mission is to generate and gather suggestions and ideas regarding membership products and services. The MAC provides ideas and recommendations on improving Club and resort programs and services. Further, MAC members act as Goodwill Ambassadors between the Developer, Management, staff, and all Club Members."

Before I head down there I thought I would solicit ideas from those owners that hang out here at TUG. I DON'T believe this group has any sway with how the developer sells memberships/upgrades, owner update meetings, membership benefits and the like. Rather, I believe this group can impact the interactions between UVC and members, the polices/procedures implemented at the resorts and the like. Recent discussions have included enforcing pool chair policies (good luck!) and revising/enforcing/educating no smoking policies across the resorts.

I see the position as an advocate for owners' views to the company. In that spirit if you have any ideas you'd like me to carry forward post them here or reply to me privately. I'm not much for just carrying forward complaints and bitching but rather issues with suggestions on how they might be resolved.

Thanks.

bbb

714kts

TUG Member
Reaction score
bbb - we would like to see a shuttle between PV and Nuevo. Also better shuttle around Cancun and Loreto. Member updates at Flamingos needn't be so confrontational. Please find out where the new 'secret' location is going to be! How about Cuba??? Thanks and have a blast!

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VPA/Elite/Gold
Carole - I got your note. I understand the issues and agree.

714kts - Cuba ? That would be sweet!! I'm not betting on that.
Last winter they told us they are supposedly building up the corridor in Cabo by Dreams.

Shuttles are now on my list!
I wholeheartedly agree about the Flamingos update meetings. Ugh!

Thanks! Exactly what I'm looking for.

Will update when we return...should we actually get there. Hurricane Patricia was upgraded to a Category 4 today and is aimed just south of Puerto Vallarta. Hopefully it's not as bad as Odile was in Cabo last year!

bbb

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Good luck! I'll watch for your update. Our RTU ended this year so we no longer have a stake but still an interest. :)

Deb

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Hi Bob !

Here is my wish list.

1. The Loreto resort needs motorized water craft for safety. Last time we were in Loreto the lifeguard had only the very basic tools. They need to ramp up in this department. Waterproof radio, flare gun, jet ski and safety rings should be required as there are resort owned kayaks and paddle boards in use.

2. There should be a late night shuttle in Cancun to the party district.

3. It wouldn't hurt to have a sports bar area at the resorts. The last trip to Flamingos we used the lobby bar for the Sea Hawks games. The lobby bar wasn't open so the guys had to go to the pool bar to get drinks and snacks.

Ok Then

Bill

KarenLK

TUG Member
Reaction score
My final RTU at Villa del Mar has now ended. The ones that ended in 2011, I think - there was never any acknowledgement of the RTU ending, no goodbye, no nothing. No explanation of what was going to happen to all the now-unowned units. I would love to know what the plans are for the property post-2015 when there will no longer be owners on site.

Fauxqui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Bob,
Thanks for taking this on. We've been owners at Flamingoes for several years and haven't made it to an annual meeting yet. A shuttle to PV would be amazing.
Looking forward to your report.

timesharejunkie4

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
bbb - we would like to see a shuttle between PV and Nuevo. Also better shuttle around Cancun and Loreto. Member updates at Flamingos needn't be so confrontational. Please find out where the new 'secret' location is going to be! How about Cuba??? Thanks and have a blast!

There will be 2 new resorts built in the corridor in Los Cabos. Ground has been broken for 1 and should be ready for occupancy in 18-24 months. Cesar would nit tell us specifically where but said it will become common knowledge soon,

TacoTerry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Krystal Cancun, Villa del Palmar Flamingos, Lake Chelan
Triple B, if it's not to late, return of the Flamingos/Nuevo/Downtown PV shuttle is high on my list. Return of the Gold Members Desk would be good too. Better emergency medical for the beach and pool areas. I was on the beach last year when a parachuter gal missed her mark and broke her leg and hurt her back, she was in agony for an hour and a half before getting a ride on a police 4 wheeler to an ambulance. Really sad that there was so little help.

TacoTerry

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VPA/Elite/Gold
Still not a word.

At what point should we become concerned?

Don't worry ... I'm fine.

Just totally absorbed in road warrior mode.
Retiring in 33 days - totally committed to getting last client engagements wrapped up. On the road working with clients almost every day thru holidays.

Was not able to make trip to Nuevo Vallarta due to hurricane, but did participate in the meeting. I have notes that I'll share when I get a bit caught up.

bbb

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't worry ... I'm fine.

Just totally absorbed in road warrior mode.
Retiring in 33 days - totally committed to getting last client engagements wrapped up. On the road working with clients almost every day thru holidays.

Was not able to make trip to Nuevo Vallarta due to hurricane, but did participate in the meeting. I have notes that I'll share when I get a bit caught up.

bbb

Great to hear bbb! Thanks for checking in. We will all wait patiently and congrats on the upcoming retirement! :clap::banana:

timesharejunkie4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some info from my owner's update on 11/1. VDP Cabo will never be updated to better standards. It is intended to be a 3 star resort and will stay that way. Our stay was very good. Our only complaints were: 1) the ongoing elevator problems in Building 2, 2)the cheesy screens on the balconies constant coming off the track, 3) lounge hogs at the pools.
There was a lounge concierge who did on occasion remove towels and leave a card stating what was done. I moved towels once when I was told by someone that no one occupied the lounge for over 2 hours and the looked like they had not been used. No ine ever came to claim them. I made a point to find the concierge when there were no lounges at the adult pool; he and his staff promptly got us chairs and umbrella from somewhere.
We spoke of our displeasure in not being able to request upper floors or views and were told that we will never be able to do that again because of some owners deciding their requests were a given and caused a scene when they didn't get what they want, As usual, a few ruin it for everyone. We were given a unit very close to our fixed week unit for the following week by just having a civil conversation. The best way to get the best location and view is to arrive early and be willing to wait for cleaning to be done. If you want to check in right away you will have to be willing to accept what is ready.
We didn't learn too much more at the update. there will be 2 more resorts built in the Cabo corridor, one of which has had ground broken and should be ready for occupancy in 18-24 months. They would not share exact location. VDA and VDE guests can no longer us the pools at VDP and vice versa. Evidently it was causing too much traffic by families at VDP because of the whale slide.
I forgot to ask about transfer fees since I have seen some question either here or on Trip Advisor. They still try to get you to upgrade no matter how strongly you tell them you won't. The prices to do so are nothing but laughable to me. I can't imagine who would pay those prices. Thankfully we got into timeshare when even the developer prices weren't as outlandish. I know many complain of not actually having a deed in Mexico and only a 30 year membership. I find this to be a big plus - how many really want to keep a timeshare more than 30 years? My membership in PV at a different resort expired last year and for the most part it is a very good thing. The other defense I will provide for Mexican timeshares, at least with the 2 I have owned, is that the maintenance fees are less than almost anywhere. In 30 years, I have never had a special assessment with my mexican timeshares despite moderate damage from Hurricane Kenna that hit PV. My 2016 maintenance fee for a 2 BR penthouse is $959 with a < 3% increase from last year.

Last edited:

mark in time

Reaction score
Purchase resale week

Any help would be appreciated. We own a week in a 2 bedroom with Uvc. I have a friend who also owns a week and I am considering purchasing it from him. Any suggestions regarding a closing company to use, any restrictions that might be in place because I a buying resale or anything I should consider before purchasing would be most helpful.

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some info from my owner's update on 11/1. VDP Cabo will never be updated to better standards. It is intended to be a 3 star resort and will stay that way. Our stay was very good. Our only complaints were: 1) the ongoing elevator problems in Building 2, 2)the cheesy screens on the balconies constant coming off the track, 3) lounge hogs at the pools.
There was a lounge concierge who did on occasion remove towels and leave a card stating what was done. I moved towels once when I was told by someone that no one occupied the lounge for over 2 hours and the looked like they had not been used. No ine ever came to claim them. I made a point to find the concierge when there were no lounges at the adult pool; he and his staff promptly got us chairs and umbrella from somewhere.
We spoke of our displeasure in not being able to request upper floors or views and were told that we will never be able to do that again because of some owners deciding their requests were a given and caused a scene when they didn't get what they want, As usual, a few ruin it for everyone. We were given a unit very close to our fixed week unit for the following week by just having a civil conversation. The best way to get the best location and view is to arrive early and be willing to wait for cleaning to be done. If you want to check in right away you will have to be willing to accept what is ready.
We didn't learn too much more at the update. there will be 2 more resorts built in the Cabo corridor, one of which has had ground broken and should be ready for occupancy in 18-24 months. They would not share exact location. VDA and VDE guests can no longer us the pools at VDP and vice versa. Evidently it was causing too much traffic by families at VDP because of the whale slide.
I forgot to ask about transfer fees since I have seen some question either here or on Trip Advisor. They still try to get you to upgrade no matter how strongly you tell them you won't. The prices to do so are nothing but laughable to me. I can't imagine who would pay those prices. Thankfully we got into timeshare when even the developer prices weren't as outlandish. I know many complain of not actually having a deed in Mexico and only a 30 year membership. I find this to be a big plus - how many really want to keep a timeshare more than 30 years? My membership in PV at a different resort expired last year and for the most part it is a very good thing. The other defense I will provide for Mexican timeshares, at least with the 2 I have owned, is that the maintenance fees are less than almost anywhere. In 30 years, I have never had a special assessment with my mexican timeshares despite moderate damage from Hurricane Kenna that hit PV. My 2016 maintenance fee for a 2 BR penthouse is $959 with a < 3% increase from last year.

Thank you for sharing your update info with us! Appreciate the time you took to share.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
UVC resale

Just make sure that it is paid off. Also make sure that it is not points, because if it is you get shafted because none of the rights transfer except the use of a week and I think they downgrade it. By the way you can do the transfer yourself. Simple document sent to Resort Com.

Fauxqui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, Carole. We own VDP Flamingoes and will be going back in March. We traded another timeshare week through II for a week at the Mayan NV. I'm curious to see how they compare.

timesharejunkie4

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be going to VDP Cancun in March. If anyone has questions about the resort, let us know. We will do the best we can to answer.