• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Attn Massanutten Regal Vista 2 bdrm Owners- RCI trading question

KLC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none
Hi,

Will a 2 bdrm Regal Vista at Massanutten trade into a 2 bdrm villa at Holiday Inn Club Vacation Orange Lake through RCI? Is HICV Orange Lake even included in RCI? Just wondering. I am not an owner.

Also, if you own a 2 bdrm Regal Vista, say for week 40, do you just pay $60 through the internal Massanutten exchange and hope that the week you really want is available? Thanks.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Hi,

Will a 2 bdrm Regal Vista at Massanutten trade into a 2 bdrm villa at Holiday Inn Club Vacation Orange Lake through RCI?

Yes. But this is a nebulous question. What week do you want to trade into HIVC Orange lake. I would be happy to tell you how many TPUs you would get for your room and what the going TPU rate is for what you want to trade into.

Is HICV Orange Lake even included in RCI? Just wondering. I am not an owner.

Yes. Looks like several divisions of it are. Do you care more about one than the others?

Also, if you own a 2 bdrm Regal Vista, say for week 40, do you just pay $60 through the internal Massanutten exchange and hope that the week you really want is available?

I have no idea. Is week 40 what you really own? That is a necessary piece of information to have in answering your 1st question.

KLC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none
Yes. But this is a nebulous question. What week do you want to trade into HIVC Orange lake. I would be happy to tell you how many TPUs you would get for your room and what the going TPU rate is for what you want to trade into.

Thank you. Would like to occasionally trade weeks 25-32 for HIVC.

For Massanutten, would like to trade the same as above and alternate it with week 52.

Yes. Looks like several divisions of it are. Do you care more about one than the others?

Yes, mainly HolInn Club Vacation at Orange Lake.

I have no idea. Is week 40 what you really own? That is a necessary piece of information to have in answering your 1st question.

Reagal Vista Week 40 is listed for sale through Timeshare Nation. Trying to gather information before considering the purchase.

Thank you!

KLC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none

Thank you. Would like to occasionally trade weeks 25-32 for HIVC.

For Massanutten, would like to trade the same as above and alternate it with week 52.

KLC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none
Reagal Vista Week 40 is listed for sale through Timeshare Nation. Trying to gather information before considering the purchase.

Thank you!

KLC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none
Having difficulty responding to your questions without being in your quote! I hope you were able to piece my responses together.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Week 40 is kind of weak at Massanutten. A 2BR side for that week in 2023 will give you 17 TPUs in RCI weeks.

Under normal circumstances, you are not going to trade that for a week 52 at Massanutten, which is worth 25 TPUs for a 2BR side.

I would not buy anything in weeks at Massanutten that was not a solid red week. Either prime summer or week 52.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

A week 26 at one of the HIVC divisions shows at 27 TPUs for a 2BR.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I see where you posted this in a Facebook group too. In my view,do more research before jumping in. This is aEOY (one where you get one side a year) Regal Vistas Unit week 40.

There is a reason they are giving it away for free and paying closing costs.

With some patience, you will be able to find a much better deal that may also be free … or only require you to pay closing costs.

Have you decided Massanutten is what you want to own?

KLC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none
I see where you posted this in a Facebook group too. In my view,do more research before jumping in. This is aEOY (one where you get one side a year) Regal Vistas Unit week 40.

There is a reason they are giving it away for free and paying closing costs.

With some patience, you will be able to find a much better deal that may also be free … or only require you to pay closing costs.

Have you decided Massanutten is what you want to own?

The ad said Annual "Two Bedroom Annual Week 40." If that equates to one side a year---that's all that I wanted was a two bedroom/two bathroom/full kitchen and the garage is a plus.

According to my research, it's advised to purchase something that you can drive to. I'm only a 3 hour drive away. Massanutten is outside of our typical vacations which is good to throw something different into the mix and I view it as being more of a retreat type vacay.

I'm just gathering data right now, I haven't even been there yet but my family and I have been to the Luray Caverns.

KLC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none
Week 40 is kind of weak at Massanutten. A 2BR side for that week in 2023 will give you 17 TPUs in RCI weeks.

Under normal circumstances, you are not going to trade that for a week 52 at Massanutten, which is worth 25 TPUs for a 2BR side.

I would not buy anything in weeks at Massanutten that was not a solid red week. Either prime summer or week 52.

Thank you for the TPU info. Do you think week 40 would trade for weeks 25-32 at Massanutten?

You said Holiday Inn Club Vacation Orange Lake (2 bedroom villa) was in RCI inventory. Is that also 25 TPUs during June and July?

I was kind of thinking the same as you in regards to only purchasing a prime week. Thank you!

KLC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none
A week 26 at one of the HIVC divisions shows at 27 TPUs for a 2BR.
Just now seeing this response! Thank you. Please disregard me asking again. It's kind of hard to read the formatting on my phone.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for the TPU info. Do you think week 40 would trade for weeks 25-32 at Massanutten?

It would not trade for weeks 25-32 at Regal Vistas. It might trade into another part of Massanutten that time of year if trading into something marked down a couple of months out.

I feel for sure if you keep looking around you will find a better deal. Massanutten trades well in RCI Points, but not so well in weeks. I would for sure stay away from anything but a prime summer week or perhaps week 52.

You may also want to look at options in the Williamsburg VA area as well.

If you want to limit your maintenance fees to just being for a 2BR each year, you may also want to look at Mountainside Villas in Massanutten. An upside to it is you could trade it in either RCI or II. A 2BR there has similar trading value to a Regal Vistas 2BR.

Last edited:

KLC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none
It would not trade for weeks 25-32 at Regal Vistas. It might trade into another part of Massanutten that time of year if trading into something marked down a couple of months out.

I feel for sure if you keep looking around you will find a better deal. Massanutten trades well in RCI Points, but not so well in weeks. I would for sure stay away from anything but a prime summer week or perhaps week 52.

You may also want to look at options in the Williamsburg VA area as well.

If you want to limit your maintenance fees to just being for a 2BR each year, you may also want to look at Mountainside Villas in Massanutten. An upside to it is you could trade it in either RCI or II. A 2BR there has similar trading value to a Regal Vistas 2BR.

Thank you! Good to know!