• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Attending a Wyndham Tour this weekend

TimeshareFan

Reaction score
I will be attending a tour this weekend at a Wyndham timeshare.

I would never purchase from the developer. I know that one can do a little better buying resale.

What can I expect at the presentation? Are they high pressure? Do the Wyndham sales people ever lie?

Thanks!

Last edited:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Maybe Just A Little Shading, A Little Spinning, A Little Semi-Misrepresentation.

Do the Wyndham sales people ever lie?
Only when their lips are moving.

Be sure to have your Baloney Detector with you at the presentation.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

J

JoeMid

I will be attending a tour this weekend at a Wyndham timeshare.

I would never purchase from the developer. I know that one can do a little better buying resale.

What can I expect at the presentation? Are they high pressure? Do the Wyndham sales people ever lie?

Thanks!
Why?
Ask them for the President's Club presentation, it's worth a laugh.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are attending to obtain knowledge of how Wyndham works there are better means both here and elsewhere.

Why attend a presentation to do so.

They do lie and and will pressure you. Why subject yourself to that and the utter waste of time unless you want a free gift. The free gift people are seasoned veterans who can resist the lies and overtures.

Ask about the Presidents Club, judge for yourself.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sleep in and skip the hassle, pressure, BS, and waste of 4-5 hours of your vacation time. Just remember to unplug the phone, in your unit.:)

Charlie D.

TUG Member
Reaction score
TimeshareFan,

We bought retail a couple of years ago. The presentation went sort of like: “What do you think that 2-br deluxe you have been staying in would rent for each night?” This was multiplied by 7 and then by 20 years because that was how long we thought we could vacation. This came out to about twice the retail cost for the 154k pts. Being able to pass it on to our kids was brought out also. We were allowed to PIC a week for an additional couple thousand which gave us another 154k pts. and VIP status. We did not know about the resale market at the time. It would be a much tougher decision now to buy retail and pay the extra $18k or so for VIP status but since we have it, we enjoy it. Fairfield, now Wyndham, has always treated us like royalty everywhere we have stayed.

A year later the same salesman wanted us to upgrade to VIP Gold by doing a smaller point package and an additional PIC to get us the 192k points needed to reach that status. We declined the offer because we did not think we could use the additional points. His supervisor informed us that she had heard the PIC program was going away within a year and that we should take advantage before it did. I feel that was a misrepresentation to try to pressure us into upgrading. We did not get a Christmas card from the salesman last year as we had the year before.

I wanted to let you know how our particular presentation went because that was your question. Also, an example of what I feel was a borderline lie. I will not call it a lie because this lady’s supervisor may have told her this and she was passing it on to be the truth? There is a possibility that our account may have been flagged with a “declined offer” or something like that because we have not been pressured to attend any more owners’ updates that included a sales presentation. The last 4 have been basically how the check-in went and how are our rooms.

Charlie D.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
P. I. C., Shmick.

His supervisor informed us that she had heard the PIC program was going away within a year and that we should take advantage before it did.
The timeshare seller at Wyndham Cypress Palms was pushing PIC when we got the sales pitch there in January 2008.

We were there as Last Call exchange guests, our 1st stay at a Wyndham timeshare.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We have been hounded to take a Wyndham WorldMark presentation, and that is an entirely different system.

154K in that system would be a huge number of points.

You guys are all assuming it's Wyn/Fairfield. :)

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is your purpose?

If you tell them upfront, in good time, 50% of time it is no high pressure. 50% of time there will be one. If you go through too long with them without honest in front, I will say 90% there will be all kinds of pressure to make sure they have applied all they know on you. However, now is econimc down turn, and I am pretty sure the TS sale is slow down, and I believe you will have a decent chance to get high pressure. Some of the techique are improving. Some are pretty much stay the same.

As to lie, to explain the system very well will require at least 4 hr. To explain any system that someone has no idea what it is to they know exact what it is inside out will require 2 days or more. Any small ignore you can classify as lie. Any stuff they did not say, you can classify it as lie, any stuff they have no idea, they will have good chance to say it wrong, and you can classify it as lie. And most of them seldomly are owner, and have no idea how the system works, they are just memory what they been told, so you will very unlikely get any truth. Or you will very likely get stuff they are trained to tell you which who klnows if they actually remember right or wrong.

Unfortuantely, they will not give you a directory, or the public offering documents if you don't buy. Public offering is very bad written about the trust, you need read very hard on it. They did put some thoughts on directory, so, it does worth some reading.

Mostly they are trying to sell you some stuff, and mostly, they can not and will not try to explain the product but apply what they been trained to make a sell. That is always start with a dream vacation, beautyful pool, new room, which when they finish, will probably 40 min pass. Then the package itself, how much it cost, how great a deal it is, the potential finance, which when they finish, will be another 40 min. Then the potential of exchange with RCI, show the book of all the world resort, which when they finished, your 90 mins are up. If they think you need another package that can make you buy, it will be another 30 to 40 min. At this moment, they already spend 2 hrs on you, so next, they will send some guy that fooling around all day anyway to try close on you.

So there is no time to explain any of the product itself, and there is no need for that. They are paid to get sell, not to be a teacher.

You will know very well if you try to know their training, their main selling product (customer group), their salary structure, sale volumn, their success rate. Their regional selling VP's management style

Jya-Ning

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Well, Timesharefan, how did it go? or did you take everyone's advice and say NOOOOOOOOOO!

TimeshareFan

Reaction score
Well, Timesharefan, how did it go? or did you take everyone's advice and say NOOOOOOOOOO!

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

I would never, ever purchase from the developer (unless if I was on drugs). I have learned too much about the resale market to put food on the timeshare salesman's table.

I signed up for this because I wanted to take a mini vacation (3 nights) to the Dells for free. Yes, I'm cheap. They also gave me a $100 off Wyndham coupon for a future hotel night and a few $25 off rental car coupons as well (I travel 60% for my job and will use these). In addition, we had free passes for everyone to two waterparks right by our hotel (originally received two, but I asked for more and got them). Again, I'm cheap.

I did, however, enjoy the tour of the grounds and viewing the 4 bed/4 bath presidential unit. I layed down in bed in one of the master suites, while the sales grunt gave my wife the tour. He wanted me to listen to him while he showed the place, but I told him I was too tired from all the walking. Before I left, I opened the stainless steel fridge and asked where the beers were and if they also had nachos. He said they don't keep any of that in the models. What is Wyndham thinking???

I did learn more about the Wyndham system. I would have to say, since I am a newbie to Wyndham, it was worth the 2 hours (it was no more) that I spent there. Sounds crazy, I know, but I had fun.

It was definitely worth it to me as my family and I had a lot of fun on our trip. I "invested in memories" on Wyndham's dime. Suckers.

The salesman did shovel out some bullsh*t though. He told me he bought his Wyndham 154k package for $9,400 12 years ago and now can sell it for a lot more than he paid. I asked him how much. He hesitated then told me in a flustered way "about $28,000 or so". I then showed my surprise and asked if a timeshare must be a great financial investment then right (ha ha)? He responded that he likes to think of it as an investment in family, memories, blah blah. Darn, thought I would've caught him in a lie that the FTC would really be interested in. Maybe next time.

There were a couple of other inaccuracies, half truths and outright lies, but I just bit my tongue, smiled and listened.

I must admit that my guy wasn't high pressure, although he was "full of it". He probably recognized that I wasn't going to buy anything and decided to lay off. Better luck next time (not)!

Last edited: