• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Attended owner update in Austin TX

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
Went for a 45 min update, that lasted hours..
I took the $25 gift card, and two nights free parking ($60). Mistake..
New twist for us though. Two very nice young men with very good story lines. Extremely helpful in that they were there to “help“ us better utilize our Wyndham points. First big wow was we could now use our points for hotel stays. This was big news to us. Then we heard about getting our maintenance fees completely covered. Sounds pretty good. “Sign me up!“ I said.
Didn't take long to see the light. You still can’t use Wyndham points for hotels “from the parking lot” like we were told. You CAN use points from your “brand new Wyndham credit card!” to get rooms. Those same points on the credit card will cover your maintenance fees also! All I needed to do was spend $26,000 and buy another 100,000 points. What? Why? Huh? And out the door we went.
Another case of, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn’t..

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
New twist for us though. Two very nice young men with very good story lines. Extremely helpful in that they were there to “help“ us better utilize our Wyndham points. First big wow was we could now use our points for hotel stays. This was big news to us. Then we heard about getting our maintenance fees completely covered. Sounds pretty good. “Sign me up!“ I said.
Didn't take long to see the light. You still can’t use Wyndham points for hotels “from the parking lot” like we were told. You CAN use points from your “brand new Wyndham credit card!” to get rooms. Those same points on the credit card will cover your maintenance fees also! All I needed to do was spend $26,000 and buy another 100,000 points. What? Why? Huh? And out the door we went.
Sounds like Wyndham math to me.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can use your points for hotel stays by converting them to Wyndham Rewards points and then using the rewards points to book hotels, but the catch is that the salesmen fail to mention is that the conversion rate is highway robbery!! You end up paying hundreds of dollars a night worth of maintenance fees just to book a Days Inn that would cost $79 in cash. It’s a terrible terrible deal, and just more funny Wyndham Sales Math!!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
You can use developer bought points for hotels, airlines, cruises, car rentals, theme Park tickets, etc. via Plus Partners:

You have to call to find out the conversion rate as it varies quite a bit over time from what I’ve heard. You also have to do so within 10-2 months of the planned activities - it’s not available last minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
You can use developer bought points for hotels, airlines, cruises, car rentals, theme Park tickets, etc. via Plus Partners:

You have to call to find out the conversion rate as it varies quite a bit over time from what I’ve heard. You also have to do so within 10-2 months of the planned activities - it’s not available last minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it really limited to points bought from the developer? They charge the extra program fee on resale points (and PIC points for that matter) in the same account as developer points that have Plus Partners. I've always understood that I could use my resale points for that, though I haven't actually tried to (even with the developer points).

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Is it really limited to points bought from the developer? They charge the extra program fee on resale points (and PIC points for that matter) in the same account as developer points that have Plus Partners. I've always understood that I could use my resale points for that, though I haven't actually tried to (even with the developer points).

If you have both developer and resale points in your account you pay the higher program fee on all your points, even the resale ones. Since you're paying for Plus Partners on all your points you would have the Plus Partners benefits on all of them.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

Heckuva deal!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
If you have both developer and resale points in your account you pay the higher program fee on all your points, even the resale ones. Since you're paying for Plus Partners on all your points you would have the Plus Partners benefits on all of them.

That's what I thought. The linked site seemed to indicate that as well.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
That's what I thought. The linked site seemed to indicate that as well.

If Jan says it works then I would trust her judgment. I've never actually used Plus Partners firsthand myself, I just know it's possible. I was told on a couple of occasions that resale contract points don't apply, here's the verbiage from the site I linked to with highlighting:

Eligibility Requirements: Membership in PlusPartners requires a separate enrollment. Additional enrollment, program assessment and transaction fees apply. Membership in the PlusPartners Program is not transferable upon the subsequent sales or transfer of your ownership interest, whether by private sale or resale company, unless the sale or transfer is by will or interstate succession, or to an “Immediate Relative.” An “Immediate Relative” currently includes: parents, spouses, domestic partners, siblings, children, and grandchildren.

The way I read the verbiage, a resale contract is not eligible for Plus Partners - as PP is not transferable. That said, likely what is happening is that while technically PP should not work with resale contract points based upon Wyndham policy, the website cannot honor the policy, so effectively those with hybrid accounts, like mine, that include both retail and resale contracts, get PP for all contract points.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
PP is an Account Level Perk, not a point level perk, at least at this time. If Wyndham could or would track points types at the level, they could impose which points were eligible and which points were NOT.

If you ALREADY have VIP of any level, buying additional points on the resale market will NOT increase your VIP Level but all points in your account will get the VIP Perks, again because it is an account level setting.

It might change someday, but that is the way it is now.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
PP is an Account Level Perk, not a point level perk, at least at this time. If Wyndham could or would track points types at the level, they could impose which points were eligible and which points were NOT.
In my mind, I conflate the policies around Club Pass and Plus Partners, because as a resale owner those are the things I don't have access to. However, Wyndham specifically states that only developer points are eligible to be used for Club Pass, so apparently Wyndham can make that distinction when they want to. It seems if they're not spelling it out in their policies for Plus Partners, that any points in a Plus Partners account would be able to be used for PP - something I wouldn't be able to test to see if it's true in practice (and probably the reason we don't know from experience is the poor return on using points for PP travel, so the savvy folks here don't do it).

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
In my mind, I conflate the policies around Club Pass and Plus Partners, because as a resale owner those are the things I don't have access to. However, Wyndham specifically states that only developer points are eligible to be used for Club Pass, so apparently Wyndham can make that distinction when they want to. It seems if they're not spelling it out in their policies for Plus Partners, that any points in a Plus Partners account would be able to be used for PP - something I wouldn't be able to test to see if it's true in practice (and probably the reason we don't know from experience is the poor return on using points for PP travel, so the savvy folks here don't do it).

I am with you on that one, I will never use enough of my points, if any, on PP to test it.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The way I read the verbiage, a resale contract is not eligible for Plus Partners - as PP is not transferable. That said, likely what is happening is that while technically PP should not work with resale contract points based upon Wyndham policy, the website cannot honor the policy, so effectively those with hybrid accounts, like mine, that include both retail and resale contracts, get PP for all contract points.

Well, that wording is on the eligibility portion. There's also the statement that "When confirming PlusPartners reservations, you may use up to the amount of points owned including points associated with Bonus contracts." There's no limitation on the "points owned" part and they don't apply that limitation to what they charge me the program fee "plus up" for.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
.... It seems if they're not spelling it out in their policies for Plus Partners, that any points in a Plus Partners account would be able to be used for PP....

I believe the policies for Plus Partners do spell it out when they say "When confirming PlusPartners reservations, you may use up to the amount of points owned including points associated with Bonus contracts."