• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 29 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Come check it out for a chance to win a Free TUG membership (or renewal) just for helping out!

Read more here
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! 60,000+ subscribers! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Atlantis: Staying out of the sun?

svntug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We're thinking of heading to Harborside next summer. One of the kids we're going to bring with us is very sensitive to the sun. We'd like to find some "middle of the day" activities for her to do so she can stay out of the sun during the strongest rays of the day.

Other than The Dig, are there other indoors activities that are available during the day? (Gambling and hanging out at the bars are out - she's ten years old.)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

svntug

azsunluvr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bring games and DVDs to play at the unit. I don't think the movie theater opens until evening. Club Rush is open for pre-teens 4pm to 7pm. One day you could ride the covered ferry over to Nassau and spend some time in the covered straw market. Maybe bring a sun umbrella when walking around town. Have a leisurely lunch at the Lagoon Bar & Grill. Browse books in the library.

califgal

Reaction score
There is a paint your own pottery store Coral or Beach Towers, they also have a schedule of different pottery specials for the week. There's also a kids club at Atlantis. You can sign up for a full or half day, there might be a portion of the day where there are some inside activites. I don't recall the costs for these things.

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a nice game room there larger than typical hotel game rooms.There is a arts and crafts /ceramics place there. At different times there are feedings/informational talks at aquatic tanks (some indoors).There are many cozy seating areas where you can bring a board game.You can wander the halls and photograph the amazing architecture and art works.

Whirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would aslo suggest a full length stinger spf suit. these are really great for protection and my kids wear them all the time and I only have to sunscreen the little exposed area they have. Add a hat and you are in business.
Cheryl

svntug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

I appreciate all the suggestions. It's gonna be hard to keep her out of the sun during the middle of the day.

I did call the 800 number for Atlantis to ask about indoor activities, and they recommended the kids club, but said that only some of the activities are indoors, and the movie theater - however, they weren't sure if there were any daytime shows.

I'll post if I find any more info.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Also - consider using the natural herbal supplement Helioplex (if allowed for kids...?) - it is not in lieu of sun exposure protection (the spf suit is a great idea), but allows skin to better repair sun damage.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
At the airport Lounge coming out of Harborside

Kid's club is $45 for each 4 hour session (9 to 1 or 1 to 5). Most of the activities are indoor.

I appreciate all the suggestions. It's gonna be hard to keep her out of the sun during the middle of the day.

I did call the 800 number for Atlantis to ask about indoor activities, and they recommended the kids club, but said that only some of the activities are indoors, and the movie theater - however, they weren't sure if there were any daytime shows.

I'll post if I find any more info.

AJONLINE

Reaction score
Atlantis Daily Activity Guide

Just returned from Atlantis Harborside. I have a scan of the current activity guide for reference - if you email me, I can send it to you. I can't attach or embed it in this email.

You can keep busy during the extreme sunny part of the day for a couple of days I'm sure. Each of the hotels on the Atlantis property is connected via a walkway (Harborside isn't - a short, very convenient shuttle bus ride away, and they run lots of buses) and each has an "attraction". Either aquarium, or water feature or something. Its a lot of walking, but it can all be done out of the sun. I think there are cabanas to rent (pricey I'm sure) and many of the lounge chairs have built in shades that work pretty well. Add a few well placed towels as side curtains and you have created a pretty nice sun shelter. There are also many places to park in the shade if you get to the pool areas either early or late you can find a fully shaded place to park as a home base and explore all the place has to offer. Towels are super easy to get,and you can get as many as you need. They also have a library with lots of books and apparently some complementary computers with internet access (we didn't go in, but it looked nice). The rooms had a combo vhs/dvd player and a Bose Sound System.

AJ

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
Like AJ said, there's a bunch of indoor stuff on the daily schedule during the summer. There's a free craft nearly every day and bingo in the afternoon. The Dig would take maybe an hour, but I think there's a way to get a scavenger hunt-type paper to make it take longer. The internet connection in the Library (Coral tower) is only 15 minutes/day and it's not that fast. Not nearly long enough for any Club Penguin or Webkins activities. So you might want to bring a laptop for that. I also saw in the Lobby a trivia of the day kind of sheet that would be interesting. One had the names of a bunch of currencies and you had to guess what country they belonged to.

In the Beach tower lobby you can borrow board games to play in the lobby. If you want to spend the money, there's also a fake BuildaBear, a place to make and race model race cars (aka BuildaBear for boys), and a place to paint pottery and have it fired for pickup the next day. And a gameroom, too (my kids thought it was pretty lame, though).

svntug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all!

Again, Thanks to all that have provided answers. I think we've found enough activities and options to keep her out of the sun in the afternoons.

-svntug