• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At WKORV

Cstreet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still lots of work going on around the property. Building 3 is being repainted and they are doing some repairs to parts of the roof. We bought our 1bd at in late 2010 (resale) and it only went in under our name late December so I put it in II and traded back for our stay in 2011. So we are in building 4 with a lovely view of the parking lot and palm trees. We are in a dedicated 1bd unit that seems larger than the 1bd we stayed in before in building 3 that was a lockoff.

They are putting in a bunch of BBQ's in front of building 4 right outside the sitting area in the lobby. Our unit overlooks that construction as well. At least our kids are entertained watching the work.

The new play structure by the pirate ship pool is still very much in progress. They have blocked it off and we were told they are waiting for the cement to cure before doing more.

I'll say I am glad we ended up buying the 1bd eoy here with the ocean view and will be happy to get a nicer view next year when we come back.

It's fairly slow around here which is nice, easy to get a chair at the pool and eat at the resturants.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
The standalone 1Bd do have a slightly larger floorplans than the 1Bd LO side - you essentially get the foyer area - plus the ones on the end of B3 (and maybe B2?) - ones further away from ocean - have windows on side.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I really feel for you, staying in building 4, parking lot view. Funny that the North side is always careful to give exchangers better views, not the absolute worst they have.

I still loved staying in building 4 with the parking lot view (also a good view of the Sugar Cane Train), but the lanai was not usable much of the time because there was a sewage smell wafting up from somewhere with the right wind. It was rather gross. But with the doors closed, no smell.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I really feel for you, staying in building 4, parking lot view. Funny that the North side is always careful to give exchangers better views, not the absolute worst they have.

I've exchanged into the south property and received OV units multiple times. I think it feels like you get a better view at the north property simply because they have more units with a good view.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I've exchanged into the south property and received OV units multiple times. I think it feels like you get a better view at the north property simply because they have more units with a good view.

We were treated very rudely by the staff at check-in time, both before and after the unit was ready. I was shocked, after staying on the North side and at the Westin Princeville five weeks before this one.

I was sick of the condescending attitudes of the staff at the front desk. The second woman asked us, "Are you Starwood preferred?" My answer, "We own timeshares in the Starwood system, but we have no status." "Interval exchangers always get island view, that is what you exchanged into," was her answer. I saw the unit # on our II evaluation, and it was building 3 that "we exchanged into."

Compare the attitude to the North side, where they actually gave us oceanfront because they had to move us the second week and felt badly about moving us out of the unit we were in. They didn't have to do that, and we were very grateful.

Housekeeping and other staff at the south side were excellent, by the way. We tipped well.

Last edited:

K2Quick

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're at WKORV this week as well having traded in. Our experience seems much better. In fact, this is our second time here and both times have been absolutely perfect. They gave us an ocean view (if we go out onto the lanai and crane our necks anyway) on the 3rd floor in bldg 2 overlooking the pirate pool (which worked out perfectly because we have a 3 year-old in two this time around). The person who checked me in couldn't have been nicer. It may have helped that we have Starwood Amex cards and put all of our purchases on them (that made no difference at the Sheraton Waikiki, however, were we stayed for two nights prior to coming over to Maui and where we received what had to be the worst room in the hotel).

Cstreet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Moving

We are facing the beach parking lot :). But all we can see are the palm trees. They are cutting cement right now out front so I called and asked to move. They are going to move us tomorrow over to building 2 on the 2nd floor. That should be less noise and close to the pirate pool for our little ones.

Everyone has been nice to us, so no issues there. Given the paint work in building 3 right now it looks like they must have blocked off a good number of units at least on the top floor.

apples23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Im at WKORV as well right now. Exchanged my WKV 2 bdrm in II for 2 x 2 bedrooms here. Both units are corner units looking towards the pool and ocean on higher floors. Pretty incredible and huge.

Maui_ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WKORV, WDW
We are facing the beach parking lot :). But all we can see are the palm trees.

Given that it is about 20 degrees F here right now, I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone who can't see anything but palm trees. Please! :)

Cstreet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good point, now I can see pirate ships and water! We are leaving tomorrow and it's been a great week. If any tuggers are here now for a bit longer or coming tomorrow Saturday and want a boogie board, beach toys, and some random kitchen stuff (ziplocks, saran wrap, ketchup) let me know ASAP.

jnsywg

Reaction score
Any updates on the play structure? We are hoping to use it when we arrive in four weeks.

The new play structure by the pirate ship pool is still very much in progress. They have blocked it off and we were told they are waiting for the cement to cure before doing more.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there last week and the new play structure is finished and looks very nice. They have artificial grass in the area and it seemed like the kids were having lots of fun. We didn't have kids with us, so we didn't pay that much attention to further details.