• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At WKORV - observations

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Here's the webcam - http://seehawaiilive.com/wk-cam.cfm

Did you see the gully right in front of building B? It looks like a big ditch coming straight in toward the building from the ocean! :eek: :eek: :eek:

They've got it sand bagged, but the berm that's usually there is completely gone!

Last edited:

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
There's some sort of mudslide North of the resort on the highway where only one lane of traffic is getting through. We're watching the cars parked while the south bound traffic goes through and then the North bound traffic makes it through.

The shuttle service has been shut down today. The garage in building 4 currently only has maybe a couple of inches of rain. Longhi's was open, but also was aware traffic on the highway was very slow. One employee (concierge in building 4) told me it took her 30 minutes to get here from her home and she only lives 2 miles away. We were at Sands of Kahana this morning and in about 20 minutes the lobby was flooded like a river. I was over knee deep in water as I walked to get my car which fortunately was only about in 6 inch deep water. I drove to pick up my spouse and we came directly back to WKORV.

The restaurant at WKORVN is going to be extremely busy tonight. It opens at 5:30pm, so we'll see how busy it really is. Power has gone on and off at least twice today since I needed to reset the clocks. The concierge didn't know what roads were like towards the airport because we were thinking of going to the mall. The community college in Maui has been closed since 9:30am today.

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
Wow... I'm wondering is Westin in charge of the upkeep on the grass area. I hope our MFs don't go up because of that. Yikes...

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
The restaurants that are closed are the one at the beach at WKORV-N (competely under water) and the one at WKORV (the kitchen was flooded and so they cannot serve food). We had lunch at the inside restaurant at WKORV-N. It took an hour to get seated, another hour to get silverwear and napkings, and we were there almost 2 1/2 hours total. BTW, we eat fast. I didn't mind too much as there is alot going on right now and we were just happy to get a good meal. The food was very good.

The water is coming in the room through the window, doors and ceilings. The windows and doors are not installed or sealed very well. The rain was hitting the doors and windows very hard as the wind was pretty much blowing the rain sideways right at them. The roof only has minor leaks but remember we are on the top floor (David you may want to call and change your request to the 5th floor :) ).

My wife said that she saw the local news and that many of the schools were closed today. I also noticed that the main road near the resort is a parking lot. I didn't know about the mudslide but that definitley makes sense as to why the cars are not moving.

Since my last post the tide has gone down slightly but is still only about 10 feet from the trees. The park next door is also pretty well flooded. The funniest thing I saw was a guy this morning trying to fly a kite at the park.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Westin5Star, so sorry about the rain! We went in November last year and the weather was ideal except for one day when it rained even in Lahaina.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a feeling the WKORVN restaurant would be slow and busy last night considering it was the only place to eat on property. The concierge in the main lobby told us it would be open at 5:30pm. Later in the afternoon the concierge in building 4 told us they had recently received and email and the restaurant would open at 5pm, but only buffet. So, we thought we'd try to venture out to Lahaina. Actually, no problem. Normal traffic into Lahaina. We ate at Longhis on front street. We stopped at Safeway on the way back and got a few more breakfast supplies. Last night the internet service went down. It's now back up. We're considering driving into Kahului later this morning to look for a Colt Brennan Jersey for a friend. Most of the stores on Maui and honolulu, per Footlocker are sold out. We found one place that might have them.

It's currently raining, but not too heavily.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
As always - we will make the best of it no matter what the conditions are next week.

I was just looking at the WKORV webcam - there looks as if there is a major mud run-off north of WKORV - is that from WKORV-N? The water looks muddy red.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the workout room - it was quite busy. The entrance leading into the basement of building 2 has maybe 100 towels at the entrance to soak up and prevent water from coming into the basement. The pirate ship pool area at WKORVN is covered. Surprisingly I saw three adults in the WKORV pool this morning as it continues to rain. Maybe I'll try my luck at Texas Hold-em this afternoon.

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just took a run to blackrock. It was only sprinkling. There are several trees down along the beach but the cleanup crews are taking care of them as we speak. The mud that is betweeen WKORV-N and Honua Kai looks to mostly be from that area. Yesterday it looked just like that (muddy) in front of both WKORV and WKORV-N as the mud was being let out of the 20-30 foot opening where the sand bags now sit. The weather appears to be calming down and I hope that it is good for the guests next week. Unfortunatly we only got about 1/2 day of sun this week and tomorrow and Saturday don't look like they will be better.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Maybe I'll try my luck at Texas Hold-em this afternoon.

Texas Hold-em??? Where are they playing Poker? I love coming back from vacation with more money than I came with.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Texas Hold-em??? Where are they playing Poker? I love coming back from vacation with more money than I came with.
It's held in building 4 lounge, Thursdays at 4:30pm. Winner gets like a bottle of champagne or something like that. Last March I took second and won like a $15 certificate towards pool drinks. Sorry - no real money changing hands!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
It's held in building 4 lounge, Thursdays at 4:30pm. Winner gets like a bottle of champagne or something like that. Last March I took second and won like a $15 certificate towards pool drinks. Sorry - no real money changing hands!

A $15 certificate sounds good.
Is it Limit or No-Limit?

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
A $15 certificate sounds good.
Is it Limit or No-Limit?

Today it was a bottle of Maui red or white wine to 1st and 2nd. It was no limit, but you only start with $550. I started out well early, but ended up finishing 4th. 1st went to a gentleman who wasn't sure exactly how to play and needed help counting with his chips. There were only 5 players today. The only decent hand I got was an 8, 10 and two 8's on the flop. After that I didn't get a face card except once.

We've decided to leave early and get home so we switched our flights and will leave tomorrow instead of Saturday. We're in Oregon and we had some roof damage, and my spouse misses the kids. This usually happens every trip about 5 days in, but rarely have we been able to get another flight (using FF miles). There were seats available pretty much any day this week to make it home - but not good seating. Oh well....we'll be back next May with the kids.

saluki

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still looks cloudy via the webcam but I see people in the pool & walking around.

How bad is the residual damage? Are the storms supposed to be over for now?