• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At WKORN 3/18-4/1

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
We arrive for our annual two week stay on Sunday, 3/18. We would love to meet and TUGer's that are at the resort during that time. If you are going to be there, post on this thread and we can try to setup a meeting at the bar.

Greg

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
Greg -- We're there the 24th (coming in late evening) to the 31st! I'll PM you.

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
What great luck we have. We are in 5505 for our Studio week. This is absolutely the very best Studio unit. It is on the corner, and from the Lanai you get a true 180 degree view. Very nice.

Monday has been coolish, but not cold. We are seeing some whales, but not what we have seen in Feb. of previous years. I guess that the end of March is pushing the end of the whale season. Also, the resort is fuller. Not that occupancy is any higher, but that there are more people staying in each unit. Lots of parents with kids on spring break. The clientele in Feb. skews decidely older.

Not much has changed at the resort from last year, except they have not renewed the contract with the White Tiger Yoga group and are instead offering some classes from their SPA. Not as many, nor as well designed. Not clear why they dropped White Tiger. My DW is disappointed.

Don't see or hear any activity at the North-North property. But being in Building 5, we cannot see into that area.

After all the rain Hawai'i had last week, so far this week it has been just great.

Greg

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
Forgot to mention that a week before we left, I had a Costco reservation at Alamo for two weeks at $24/day. I decided to try Priceline for the first time. I started at $18/day, figuring I would have to make a few offers. Much to my surprise, Avis immediately accept it. Guess I started too high (?), but I am happy to save the difference.

Greg

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
Into our second week now. Our one bedroom unit is 8510. This puts us on the quiet side of Building 8, which we enjoy. They dug a little dirt on Monday, at the NN site, but nothing since. The whales are still great. A mother and baby were just a couple of hundred yards off shore this afternoon. Great view from our Lanai.

The weather the first week and 1/2 has been OK, but very windy, even for Hawaii. Today it is quite still and the water is fairly calm. Snorkeled this morning in front of Building 5 & 8. Water is still a little murky from all the surf we have had the last week. But still lots of things to see.

Greg