• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At Rancho Vistoso

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Yesterday we drove from Bison Ranch to Rancho Vistoso. Gorgeous drive through the Mountains and Desert. Many of the Cactus are in Bloom. Our Patio faces a Gully/Wash. As I was having my morning coffee on the Patio a Bobcat jumped up into a tree about 10 feet out side the fence and stared at me. Before I could get my camera turned on in my Tablet it jumped down and walked into the Brush.

pierrepierre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace Resorts
A blessed sight to see.....please have camera/phone ready for the next "moment"!

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Yesterday we visited the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum. We spent about 6 hours. It is part Zoo, part Aquarium, part Biology, part Geology. It was very interesting. The Sonora Desert is partially in 4 States and down both sides Sea of Cortez in Mexico all the way to Cabo. Patti lived in Tucson as a child. She remembers visiting the Museum many times. Though it has grown. She remembers the Owner/Manager visiting the schools and bringing Desert Animals to include a Puma.

Today is a day of rest - Ha. We went on a Bike ride through the neighborhoods surrounding the Resort. After we got back I walked to the Supply Building to get more Coffee Filters and large Plastic Garbage Bags for the Kitchen. Look what walked around the corner of the Building.
20210515_115929.jpg

Last edited:

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Peccary?

Edited to add: Thanks for the report on the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum. We visited on our first stay at Rancho Vistoso (years ago) ... hope to visit again.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Locally it is called Javelina a type of Peccary. Unfortunately Old Tucson is closed. Probably permanently. We are going to visit Biosphere II tomorrow. On Monday we are going to Tombstone in the morning and an old Mine by Bisbee in the afternoon.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
I had it backwards yesterday we went to Tombstone and The "Queen Mine" in Bisbee. Today we go to Biosphere II.

Yes Tombstone was and still is a small town/city. There really was a Shootout at the OK Corral. There are various reenactment in Tombstone to include the Shootout. Tombstone use to be the County Seat. We spent a long time in the old County Courthouse learning a lot about the History of the area to include Wyatt Earl, his Brothers, and Doc Holliday.

Back in the Mid to Late 1800's this area was known for 2 things; Silver Mining and Cattle Ranching. The last Big Silver Mine had to have Hugh Pumps going all the time to pump out the water. Allowing the miners to work. Even with the Pumps going the Miners had water up to their knees. Eventually it was no longer economical to keep the Pumps going. The mine was abandoned. Millions of dollars of Silver in 1800 Dollars was mined before this happened.

You look at the Desert Landscape and it is hard to image numerous very large Cattle Ranches in operation and making money. Apparently in the mid 1800's this was Grass Lands. There were 4 or 5 primary grasses. Then in the late 1800's there was a multi-year Drought. The Ranchers did not cut back on their Herds. The Cattle over grazed stripping all the Grasses. The Top Soil was blown away. These things allowed the Desert Plants to move in and they have never left.

Some Ranchers are experimenting with trying to bring Grasses back. They are using grasses from South Africa and Australia.

The Queen Mine in Bisbee was primarily a Copper Mine but they also took out a lot of Silver and other valuable metals. You ride into the Mine on a Miner Transport actually used in the mid 1900's. The first stop where you dismount is about 400 to 500 feet under ground. There are 2 Levels below this stop and 4 Levels above. At this stop they showing you how they mined with semi-modern equipment in the mid 1900's. Then you remount and travel to the first part of the Mine. Here the work was by hand except for the use of explosives. Parking is limited at the Mine Office/Gift Shop. We parked in Bisbee and walked a short distance and then up a long stairway up to the Mine Office/Gift Shop.

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Yesterday we did make it to Biosphere II. it is currently controlled/managed by the University of Arizona. It was interesting to read the History of it. The original experiment actually failed in most part. They did learn how to make Banana Wine. They were several Coffee Trees in the Biosphere. They learned to make Coffee but it was in a limited amount. So they only got an ocassional cup of Coffee.

You do get to go in the Desert Climate area, Ocean area, and Rain Forest area. Unfortunately you do not get to see the living quarters. Most people kind of just walk through. Patti and I enjoy stopping and reading every posted Board. Also you can download a UA Application and there are various points you can stop and listen to an explanation of what you are seeing and how it was used or impacted the people that participated in the Original Experiment.

The UA is still conducting experiments. Such as what happens if they increase or decrease the temperature, humidity, CO2, etc in one of the areas.

Forgetting it was Monday we went downtown to see Museums, etc. These type of things are mostly closed on Mondays because they have been open Saturday and Sunday. We did have an excellent Mexican Lunch.

This is a day of rest and laundry. We start our 3 days of driving (Tucson to Las Vegas, Las Vegas to Reno, Reno to Salem) tomorrow. We have already Booked next Year's May trip. Our week long stays will be St George, Utah and Sante Fe, New Mexico.