• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At Newport Coast Villas now

pamandgary

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are at NCV for the next two weeks starting today. Is anyone on TUG here? Does anyone need information about NCV?

Andar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Newport Coast Villas
Shadow Ridge
Oh, I know you will enjoy your next two weeks.
Have they finished the pool repair and the grill remodel?

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Was check-in smooth and quick? How crowded is the resort this time of year (we were there in August and it was very busy).

pamandgary

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are in the 4100 building with a great view. The sunset was spectacular. Check in was okay, a little slow, but not bad. Haven't been to the pool yet to check construction. Will do that when it isn't dark out. This is our fourth time here. Love it!

Dewnay

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at NCV last week for the first time. Is the soundproofing for this resort comparable to other Marriotts? We could hear footsteps, slamming doors, snoring, etc. from the surrounding units.

I didn't notice this problem when we stayed at Ko Olina and DSV II.

Dewnay

JimIg23

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed in the 4100 building in the summer. I did not really hear alot of noise, and I was on the second floor. View there was great, I think I am going to ask for the same buidling next year.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Congrats!!

IMHO, the views from the 4000 & 4100 are some of the best at the whole resort.

Have a great trip.

taffy19

Reaction score
We stayed at NCV last week for the first time. Is the soundproofing for this resort comparable to other Marriotts? We could hear footsteps, slamming doors, snoring, etc. from the surrounding units.

I didn't notice this problem when we stayed at Ko Olina and DSV II.

Dewnay
What building were you staying at? I believe they had this problem with the first phase but corrected it from there on. They use wood in CA but they can soundproof it, if they do it right.

camachinist

TUG Member
Reaction score
I watched and photographed some of the construction on the 1800-2200 buildings a few years ago and didn't see marked evidence of engineered soundproofing other than insulation. Isolated stud walls and joist systems are common features utilized in wood construction to isolate low frequency noise and impact vibrations and I saw no evidence of that in those buildings.

We've had numerous minor noise issues at NCV since we bought there in 2004 and one major one (our chandelier shook because of the strength of the impacts above) and I took to only reserving top floor units, regardless of where we ended up in the resort.

We haven't been to NCV since the upper section opened but have had renters in the 4000 and 4100 buildings on the lower floors and they related no complaints (I asked them, after advising them that noise was a risk on lower floors). Perhaps they changed the construction methods. I hope so. After our stay at Waiohai in November (2nd time there), I'm in love with concrete and steel hurricane/typhoon construction. Dead quiet :)

Thanks for the info and glad the OP is enjoying their stay ....

Pat

pamandgary

TUG Member
Reaction score
We requested the top floor and a covered deck (in case it rained). We found out you can't have both as the top decks have a lattes cover. Ended up on the 3rd floor and last night noise from above was an issue. Haven't heard them tonight. Maybe they moved out. There are worse issues -- we could be camping or not have a timeshare to stay in. Ear plugs are cheap!

The setting is wonderful.

camachinist

TUG Member
Reaction score
With due respect, I didn't pay over 40K for two weeks in Newport Beach to have to wear earplugs in my unit. The rooms manager told us, in the future, to call the police and trust me I would if I found the noise level to be unreasonable. I encourage civilized behavior from all our fellow owners and occupants :)

Dewnay

TUG Member
Reaction score
What building were you staying at? I believe they had this problem with the first phase but corrected it from there on. They use wood in CA but they can soundproof it, if they do it right.

We were on the second floor of 4400, one of the newer buildings.

pamandgary

TUG Member
Reaction score
The construction of the grill/bar is not finished. It was suppose to be finished Dec. 15, now they say Feb. 1, but I doubt it. Perhaps soon after. The pool repair is finished.

Have taken the watercolor painting classes both weeks we have been here. Highly recommend it.

pamandgary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Woops, main pool was closed today, however, no one appeared to be working on it??????????????

Latravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
You really got lucky with the weather. Upper 70's to 80's on the coast is perfect.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just about to say -- it's been about 80 here for 2 weeks and we have one more week of the lovely Santa Ana's before it cools again into the 60s. It is summer here in San Diego right now! Way to pick the best 2 weeks of weather for your trip. :)

Katherine

Bill4728

Reaction score
First Class,

The older units ( before 4x00's) all have regular TVs. The newest units >4300's have LCD TV. (We stayed in 4500 in Nov and had a ball!) What do they have in the 4000- 4200 units?

TIA