• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At Manor Club now

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to post that I'm at Manor Club for a week and am staying in Berkely. It is beautiful this week so far and everything is blooming. The unit is in great shape. Not much new to report as far as activities. The marketplace is upgraded and they now make Starbucks drinks.

Post if you have any questions.

mamadot

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there last week in the Governor's Manor villa 1426. The villa was in perfect condition. This was our first visit to the area.
We had a beautiful view of the golf course with all the wild dogwoods blooming. The weather was great for all the sight seeing we did.
Had a fabulous meal at the Fat Carnary. Would recommend it highly.

Worcesterdee

Reaction score
Big Matt, I'm due to fly over to the Manor Club in May. What should I be requesting before I get there?

gottspd

Reaction score
I just wanted to post that I'm at Manor Club for a week and am staying in Berkely. It is beautiful this week so far and everything is blooming. The unit is in great shape. Not much new to report as far as activities. The marketplace is upgraded and they now make Starbucks drinks.

Post if you have any questions.

Hey there Matt. My family and I are also here at manor club.

Great weather so far, huh? Gotta say that indoor pool is chilly to me.

We have had great meals at roccos, food for thought and 2nd street.

Worcesterdee

Reaction score
If I was there I'd be making plans to eat here: http://www.charlescitytavern.com/
http://www.smithfieldinn.com/
and
http://www.vintagetavernvirginia.com/

New Civil War museum in Richmond is worth the drive.

Enjoy the vacation. :)

Many thanks Quilter, We're looking forward to our third trip over to the US recently. First time away from Florida and hope to take in the Civil War battlefields and naturally Jamestown. Promise that we won't mention claiming back the old colony. What is the weather likely to be at the end of May?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Big Matt are you going to the grand opening of the new Williamsburg Pottery Shops? It looks like a whole different place in February (modern buildings).

windje2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many thanks Quilter, We're looking forward to our third trip over to the US recently. First time away from Florida and hope to take in the Civil War battlefields and naturally Jamestown. Promise that we won't mention claiming back the old colony. What is the weather likely to be at the end of May?

LINK to Williamsburg weather history and forecast Average highs in the mid 80's and lows in the mid 60's. High humidity

If you have interest in the war between the states, the Museum of the Confederacy in Richmond is an absolute must see. Don't go on tuesday as the parking is adjacent to the VCU hospital and tuesday is free clinic day. Show your admission sticker to the museum to the parking attendant and the parking fee is waived.

In addition, they just opened a branch in Appomattox, where Lee surrendered the Army of Northern Virginia.

The Stonewall Jackson shrine, just north of Richmond off I-95 is the preserved site where Jackson died of complications of wounds sustained at Chancellorsville.

Last edited:

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well windje gave you good answers. I would caution on relying on the weather averages. It's been crazy this year. I'm in South Carolina and the azaleas are spent which means we're off by about a month.

windje2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well windje gave you good answers. I would caution on relying on the weather averages. It's been crazy this year. I'm in South Carolina and the azaleas are spent which means we're off by about a month.

I agree with you. If I were to apply some 'Kentucky windage' to the historical temperature data I'd aim high.

Gophesjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Driving west on Highway 5 out of Williamsburg is an absolute must as well...

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
THESE alone are reasons enough to re-visit! We were out there for two weeks a couple of summers ago and never even made it out of of Williamsburg proper. But again, we like to relax on our vacations, balanced with site seeing, plus high summer heat slows things down quite a bit :D

Thanks for the info!

And, Big Matt, have a great time!!!

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The drive on Hwy. 5 is how we found Indian Fields Tavern, which is now Charles City Tavern.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are in MMC (original) request Berkeley, Governors or Chesapeake. High floor with a golf view.

In MSE (Sequel) as for a room at the end of the hall away from the elevators on the third floor.

Big Matt, I'm due to fly over to the Manor Club in May. What should I be requesting before I get there?

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
When is the grand opening. It looks like a totally different place. I drove by on the way in. I remember when it was a couple of buildings with a gravel parking lot with nothing on the other side of the train tracks.

Big Matt are you going to the grand opening of the new Williamsburg Pottery Shops? It looks like a whole different place in February (modern buildings).

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another drive worth doing is starting in either Yorktown or Colonial Williamsburg, drive to Jamestown on the Colonial Parkway at dusk. The sunset over the James River is spectacular. There are plenty of places to pull over and take photos.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Manor Club

If you are in MMC (original) request Berkeley,
Governors or Chesapeake. High floor with a golf view.

When checking in - How much security deposit did they ask for via on your Credit Card. Can II guests use a Debit Card for the security deposit

TSPam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Embarc
Hi,
I was just there for a month and it they don't take any money but they will take your credit card and put a hold on your credit amount. I think that it was $250.
I think that you can decline putting your credit card on file if it is an exchange and all is paid in advance.
When were were at Surfwatch they didn't ask for the credit card one week (we were there multiple weeks but didn't combine the reservations) and it was no trouble.
In December when we were at Sabal Palms and they didn't ask for a credit card and then we couldn't use the phone, even the 1-800 numbers. We called and asked about it and they said to come down an put a credit card on file and then the phones would work.

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
When checking in - How much security deposit did they ask for via on your Credit Card. Can II guests use a Debit Card for the security deposit

I have seen MVCI resorts request anywhere from $100-$200 for a 1 weeks stay as a hold on your credit/debit card.

Like most other places, If you use a debit card the funds are immediately collected as opposed to a credit card where only a temporary approval is granted.

This usually applies to all guests no matter the source of the reservation.

If you don't like these options you can also request to place the reservation on whats called a"Cash Only" or "No Charge" status. This way you don't have to leave a security deposit and in return you are not allowed or approved to make any charges back to your room.

Please also note that they will alyways require a credit card to be on file to protect the property against damages or other incidentals.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
When is the grand opening. It looks like a totally different place. I drove by on the way in. I remember when it was a couple of buildings with a gravel parking lot with nothing on the other side of the train tracks.

I heard either April 5 or April 6, 2012. From the outside it looks like the building complex belong in the state of FL.

windje2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another drive worth doing is starting in either Yorktown or Colonial Williamsburg, drive to Jamestown on the Colonial Parkway at dusk. The sunset over the James River is spectacular. There are plenty of places to pull over and take photos.

+1 - Watch your speed and watch for deer at dusk.

Take the free car ferry from Jamestown to Surrey and back and grab a bite at The Surrey House.

inishbofin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jamestown Ferry

Nice ride and free too. Beautiful day today in Williamburg. Rode to Smithfield Inn for lunch a bit of a drive but the lunch was great:cheer:

Worcesterdee

Reaction score
Thanks BigMatt. I take it the Historic Triangle ticket from Colonial Williamsburg that includes Jamestown, through Williamsburg, and on to Yorktown is the way to go for a first trip to the area.

I'll get onto Marriott with our request for accommodation.