• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At KBV right now

slomac

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Ridge Tahoe x2

Grand Pacific Palisades

Marriott Shadow Ridge

SDO

Kauai Beach Villas
I checked in on April 5th. This place is empty. Lots of maintenance going on and everything looks pretty beat up. Let me know if you have any questions while I am here. We basically have the place to ourselves except for some construction workers. The place is really outdated and worn out but the view makes up for it.

Dalownerx3

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be there end of May. What's the latest with the hotel pool? My wife has put her foot down that she definitely does not want to go to Princeville to pick up wristbands.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
They don't do that anymore. Access to the hotel pool is included for timeshare owners.

slomac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Ridge Tahoe x2

Grand Pacific Palisades

Marriott Shadow Ridge

SDO

Kauai Beach Villas
They gave us wristbands when we checked in for the pool next door. The pools are not all open but we used the jacuzzi next door.

slomac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Ridge Tahoe x2

Grand Pacific Palisades

Marriott Shadow Ridge

SDO

Kauai Beach Villas
We were supposed to be in unit G-1, my confirmation said that and I even asked on the phone when I called to confirm. When we got here they tried to put us in the F building which they said technically was ocean front but I said that I wanted the G building because that is what we were confirmed. I guess they are doing maintenance on G-1 so they ended up giving us G-12 which is a 2 bedroom. All worked out and we are happy. Staff here is great as always.

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
Aloha,
I am curious about the post-tensioning repair project in buildings G and H. Which sections of each building have been completed and planned sequence and timeline for those not yet completed.
Enjoy your stay. We’re looking forward to our next stay there in October.
Mahalo,
Jack

slomac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Ridge Tahoe x2

Grand Pacific Palisades

Marriott Shadow Ridge

SDO

Kauai Beach Villas
I am not familiar with that project but they seem to be doing a lot of work on the G building. We are on the 3rd floor and it seems like most of the work is on the 1st floor.

Larry Nuke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Beach Villas; Bali Hai Resort
Aloha,
I am curious about the post-tensioning repair project in buildings G and H. Which sections of each building have been completed and planned sequence and timeline for those not yet completed.
Enjoy your stay. We’re looking forward to our next stay there in October.
Mahalo,
Jack
Jack,
The Post Tension cable project is not started as yet. We have had permitting issues. The permitting offices were closed for some time and are behind since reopening. COVID touches everything. I have stopped tracking the planned date to start as it keeps moving out. We had been planning to start last fall and now will be fortunate to start this fall.

The restoration of the flooded units is about completed except for a couple that need appliances. Again, COVID related product delays.

The refurbishment is still on track to start in October. Materials, appliances and soft goods are being ordered now.

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
Aloha,
We're at KBV right now and will be for two more weeks. Anyone else here? Anyone have something they want me to look at and report here?
The next KBV IOA board meeting will be entirely virtual (zoom?) on Oct 20 at 1PM HST. If the weather discourages us from being outside, I might log on. I don't have logon info yet. If any other owners want to log on, please PM me and I'll either share the email address of the person to contact or directly share the logon info tbd)
Jack

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi Jack - I'd like to know about the condition of the grounds and the unit you are in?