• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At Heritage Club right now

jwq387

TUG Member
Reaction score
We checked in Friday, Oct.10. I play Harbour Town on Tuesday and Wednesday. I am looking forward to that. Heritage club is, IMHO, a little quirky, and lacking in some amenities.

Quirky- you unload your car onto luggage carts at one end of the bldg, then schlep your stuff across the length of the complex to the elevators. At 6 pm, the lobby was closed, so late check in must be accomplished at Monarch.No picnic bench next to the grills; this is the only Marriott I have visited that doesn't have that.Lobby supposedly has big-screen tv-but since it closes so early....... Despite the compact nature of the complex, if the lobby is closed, then you walk completely around the complex from the pool, grill, hot-tub, to get to the elevator. Marriott advertises a spa "close-by",in the vacation guide- AT THE WESTIN 25 minutes away!!!!

Positives- big units, very close to Harbour Town shops and golf course, remodeled tastefully. Bedrooms are large.

All in all, a decent place to stay, especially for golfers. Certainly not in the class of Barony or Grande Ocean, but serves the purpose for the great golf package included. Paying 37.50 per round to play Harbour Town, Heron Point, and Ocean course is GREAT. Now about that 3 days of rain.......
Any questions?

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you on Hilton Head? Don't know all the resorts yet.

The lobby closing at 6pm is bizarre.

Janna

jwq387

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are at Heritage Club

Are you on Hilton Head? Don't know all the resorts yet.

The lobby closing at 6pm is bizarre.

Janna

Yes, Heritage Club is on Hilton Head.The lobby is closed, but can be accessed by guests with a key. The second floor of the lobby has a couple big screen tv's with comfortable leather chairs.

Heritage club is located in Harbour Town, near the world famous Harbour Town Golf Links. I played Harbour Town today for cart fee, $37.63. Its in great shape, and is very difficult from the 6600 yard tees.

Actually, we could NOT access the big screen tv's after the lobby closed, since the key only lets you in as far as the fitness center.

Last edited:

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score
some fitness center there, eh? :)
Heritage really counts on sharing facilities with Monarch and others nearby. The lobby is not much more than a window open during basically banker's hours. This is not to say I didn't like the resort---have an open II request to trade in again, in fact. There is nothing like their golf package.
P.S.---played Harbor Town last year for same price. We played from white tees, and that was hard enough (big difference on pro tees is always the par 3 holes and these are 160 plus as it is from the white tees). We found our car in the Heritage lot was much closer to HT than the actual lot at Harbour Town Golf Links. The clubhouse is literally 30 yards from Heritage---directly accross a little street. 5 min drive to other two Sea Pines courses (which are directly accross the street from Monarch).

jwq387

TUG Member
Reaction score
at Heritage Club

some fitness center there, eh? :)
Heritage really counts on sharing facilities with Monarch and others nearby. The lobby is not much more than a window open during basically banker's hours. This is not to say I didn't like the resort---have an open II request to trade in again, in fact. There is nothing like their golf package.
P.S.---played Harbor Town last year for same price. We played from white tees, and that was hard enough (big difference on pro tees is always the par 3 holes and these are 160 plus as it is from the white tees). We found our car in the Heritage lot was much closer to HT than the actual lot at Harbour Town Golf Links. The clubhouse is literally 30 yards from Heritage---directly accross a little street. 5 min drive to other two Sea Pines courses (which are directly accross the street from Monarch).

I actually played on Tuesday from the 6600 yard tees. It was a little wet, and played like 7100 yards. I shot 91. I played Harbour Town the next day from the 6100 yard tees, shot 82.
I then played Heron Point today,and loved it! I know there are many who think the greens are too firm, too small, and too undulating. Well they are all that, but, IF you play from the correct set of tees, you can score SOMEWHERE close to your handicap. I did, and shot 85. I am a 10 handicap.

Anybody know what the "new" golf package might look like in 2010? I know it won't be as generous, but any info. about that would be nice to know. One of the owners I played golf with mentioned the possibility of being offered rounds of golf at other courses on and off island. He was not amused.
I walked over to Harbour Town from Heritage With my clubs- about 100 yards from my car to the bag drop, maybe less, very cool!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Now you can say that you played on the pro's PGA golf course at Harbour Town overlooking that red/white lighthouse. How about those floating vessels at Harbour Town?

jwq387

TUG Member
Reaction score
At Heritage Club

Now you can say that you played on the pro's PGA golf course at Harbour Town overlooking that red/white lighthouse. How about those floating vessels at Harbour Town?

Floating vessells or floating castles? LOL
I played Harbour Town several times in the late 70's-early 80's. I think it cost about $45 for 18 holes back then. I've been blessed to have played several Major Championhip sites in my time. Harbour Town is not the hardest course, but its really difficult if you don't hit the ball in the correct side of the fairway off the tee.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Enjoy your week, we like HHI because it is low key.

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score
we played Heron Pointe last fall when it was just rated (a few days before). Then, it was not ready to play. The greens are USGA "sand" greens, and they had not settled yet, so were like cart paths. You could not (totally impossible) hold a green with an approach shot. We were warned ahead of time by the starter and rangers. It is probably much better now. Very nice course, though, and when mature will be fantastic. We liked it anyway. That 18th looked really scary as we drove by several times, but turned out to be not so bad when we actually played it. From back tees, though, that is a tight tee shot.

jwq387

TUG Member
Reaction score
at Heritage club

we played Heron Pointe last fall when it was just rated (a few days before). Then, it was not ready to play. The greens are USGA "sand" greens, and they had not settled yet, so were like cart paths. You could not (totally impossible) hold a green with an approach shot. We were warned ahead of time by the starter and rangers. It is probably much better now. Very nice course, though, and when mature will be fantastic. We liked it anyway. That 18th looked really scary as we drove by several times, but turned out to be not so bad when we actually played it. From back tees, though, that is a tight tee shot.

Totally agree with your assessment of Heron Point. This is going to be a great golf course, probably the best public facility on or off-island with possible exception of Harbour Town. The greens were firm, but held much better than what you described. I shot very near my handicap, but played from White Tees to take some of the sting out of the course. Can't wait to play it again.