• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Assigned to Kings Land Phase 3. Any Positives?

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Sounds like a great plan. We were in an end unit in 24 and we could see the front of the 24/25 pool from our lanai. Most of the time it was fine, but sometimes if there were kids in the pool, I agree it could get a bit noisy. The main clubhouse pool bar and the adult section of the main pool were really great and we did take advantage of them a few times, when we were hanging about the resort..

We just got back from three weeks in St. Martin, but we love the Big Island. So jealous right now, looking out at the snow in the backyard. ;)

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Sounds like a great plan. We were in an end unit in 24 and we could see the front of the 24/25 pool from our lanai. Most of the time it was fine, but sometimes if there were kids in the pool, I agree it could get a bit noisy. The main clubhouse pool bar and the adult section of the main pool were really great and we did take advantage of them a few times, when we were hanging about the resort..

We just got back from three weeks in St. Martin, but we love the Big Island. So jealous right now, looking out at the snow in the backyard. ;)

Yeah, we loved the adult pool at the Clubhouse. There really wasn’t any noise issue with the 24/25 pool, we could just hear it sometimes from the lanai if there were kids there.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Hello Jim,

Just curious if, since I think your visit is now over (or near the conclusion), would you still prefer Phase 1, or did Phase 3 grow on you over the course of the trip? Please advise and thanks!

Best,

Greg

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Hello Jim,

Just curious if, since I think your visit is now over (or near the conclusion), would you still prefer Phase 1, or did Phase 3 grow on you over the course of the trip? Please advise and thanks!

Best,

Greg
Greg, we are at MOC right now heading home, sadly, on Saturday.

As far as Phase 1 vs Phase 3, for our needs, second floor golf course view in Phase 3 met our needs fine. All things being equal, I still think second floor golf view in Phase 1 would be preferred over Phase 3, but only because of the proximity to the Clubhouse. Since we didn’t go to the main pool every day and since that was sometimes a first stop on the way to the beach at A-Bay, the need to drive there wasn’t a big deal, and we even made the walk once. One big plus of Phase 3 was the pool there between buildings 24/25 was hardly used at night, and the couple of times we did a night swim or used the hot tub there, we had it all to ourselves.

So, in the final analysis, if given the choice between the same floor/view in Phase 1 or Phase 3, even though I’ve never been to Phase 1, I think I would still prefer Phase 1, but I would no longer have any angst or reservation about a second floor golf view in Phase 3.

Frankly, our experience at King’s Land was so good, I have given some thought to going back there for our 2021 trip instead of my original plan of trying out the Bay Club. I think the realities of the points difference will cause us to still try Bay Club in 2021, but It will be hard to top Kings’ Land.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Greg, we are at MOC right now heading home, sadly, on Saturday.

As far as Phase 1 vs Phase 3, for our needs, second floor golf course view in Phase 3 met our needs fine. All things being equal, I still think second floor golf view in Phase 1 would be preferred over Phase 3, but only because of the proximity to the Clubhouse. Since we didn’t go to the main pool every day and since that was sometimes a first stop on the way to the beach at A-Bay, the need to drive there wasn’t a big deal, and we even made the walk once. One big plus of Phase 3 was the pool there between buildings 24/25 was hardly used at night, and the couple of times we did a night swim or used the hot tub there, we had it all to ourselves.

So, in the final analysis, if given the choice between the same floor/view in Phase 1 or Phase 3, even though I’ve never been to Phase 1, I think I would still prefer Phase 1, but I would no longer have any angst or reservation about a second floor golf view in Phase 3.

Frankly, our experience at King’s Land was so good, I have given some thought to going back there for our 2021 trip instead of my original plan of trying out the Bay Club. I think the realities of the points difference will cause us to still try Bay Club in 2021, but It will be hard to top Kings’ Land.

I see a TUG review coming up for Kings Land!