• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Asking price for WKORV-N

Dawnwrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN, WSJ-CV
Just returned from owner update, they are asking $152,700 for 2 bdrm OF, $107 for 2 bdrm OV.
Holy cow! Before we knew about TUG, we bought IV from the developer. I don’t remember exactly what we paid, but nowhere near that!

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
When I bought my OV 2br LO at WKORV (pre-construction) I paid about $45,000. Glad to know that it has "appreciated" even if the main beneficiary is the developer!

grrrah

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
SVV - Key West
hmm... I wonder if they are trying to be comparable or a tad higher than the Abound point equivelent.

$18 x 8300 pts = ~$150k

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Holy cow! Before we knew about TUG, we bought IV from the developer. I don’t remember exactly what we paid, but nowhere near that!

WKORVN (pre-construction ~2006)
~$48K for IV
~$56K for OV
~$70K for OF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wannagotoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was surprised at the cost but as was mentioned, a possibility that they are trying to be comparable to Abound points. On the other hand, I bought an ocean front from Sayd (resale market) for $17,500 a few years back and now they start at $32,500

Dawnwrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN, WSJ-CV
WKORVN (pre-construction ~2006)
~$48K for IV
~$56K for OV
~$70K for OF

We drank the Kool-Aid in about 2011 or 2012, and the number in my head for our IV was around $56K. Sad thing is, we bought from the developer FOUR TIMES before we found TUG. Good thing is, we love and use them all and have broken even by now. Lol!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
How many did you buy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They do this to make what ever product they’re selling look better - and if you are ignorant enough to spend that much - they will certainly sell one.

This Sales tactic has been going on for years. They once showed me that the OFD was $125K when resale was about $32K, I asked why not use their ROFR and resell them for for $125K for an easy profit?
Crickets…
They hate me.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
We drank the Kool-Aid in about 2011 or 2012, and the number in my head for our IV was around $56K. Sad thing is, we bought from the developer FOUR TIMES before we found TUG. Good thing is, we love and use them all and have broken even by now. Lol!

The prices varied somewhat.
We bought WKORVN OF for $74K (crazy!), found TUG, rescinded and bought OFD resale. This was pre-Recession - so still paid too much, but have certainly gotten optimum value for it. Especially considering the insane rental prices.

Right now - based on OFD MFs - splitting the 2Bd LO into 14 nites is about $250/nite.
Even better for OFC.

wannagotoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought 4 originally pre-construction. Afterall, the fellow could write upside down and we were impressed. Also, it was a legacy for our children. Oh, and did I mention that there were free sugar train rides if you bought enough timeshares? Consequently we bought 4, for some reason the sugar train became very important. The original idea was to get tickets for jet ski island. It didn't take us long to figure out we could have bought the whole island for what we paid for 4 timeshares. Tug has help so much. I have since bought an OF from Syed (he is great) and had it retroed when I upgraded an existing to OF. That was 2 1/2 years ago. At that time, I could upgrade by paying the difference between what I paid and how much an OF was at the time I originally purchased (around $35K) that doesn't happen any more. It is the difference between what I paid originally and what the OF costs today. Tug is a great resource.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Way back when they canceled the Westin Mission Hills North project, I had $1000 down on the right to purchase it and instead they tried to sell me WKORV EOY for ~$21k. I think it was about $21 but I really don’t recall - there are posts somewhere on TUG about this because some here wanted to buy it at that price, it was that good. I just recall thinking that there’s no way I was going to spend that much for an EOY, especially at the high MFs. Shortly thereafter I bought WKV instead and have been very pleased with it - though we’ll see how it performs over the next few years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dawnwrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN, WSJ-CV
Just did ours. Nice guy, low key. Offered EOY 2BR WKORN $55,000 less $19K for our 74050 options at WSJ-CV, less $3680 “discount”. We declined. Oh, this was IV.

Last edited: