• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ashanti, Ja Rule to Headline St Maarten Carnival Concert

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Ashanti, Ja Rule to Headline St Maarten Carnival Concert
https://www.caribjournal.com/2019/03/18/ashanti-ja-rule-to-headline-st-maarten-carnival-concert/

By the Caribbean Journal staff / The Caribbean Journal / caribjournal.com / Mar 18, 2019

“A group of music superstars will be headlining a concert to celebrate the 50th anniversary of St Maarten Carnival.

That includes Ashanti, Keyshia Cole and Ja Rule, who will take the stage at the “Soulful Company” concert.

This year marks the 50th anniversary of the first St Maarten Carnival, with this year’s fete set to take place from April 20 to May 7, with pre-Carnival activities having already kicked off.

St Maarten’s celebration is actually the longest carnival in the Caribbean, at 33 days.

“We’re so excited to welcome Ashanti, Keyshia Cole, and Ja Rule to St. Maarten,” said St Maarten Tourism Director May-Ling Chun. “To have these three artists, all who have impacted the international music scene on such a large scale, headline at the 50th anniversary of our renowned Carnival is a joy and an honor. We cannot wait to see the energy that they bring to the stage.”

The music legends will be joined by two of the island’s best young singers, Natisha Henson and Kenyo Baly.

“We have so many gifted musicians in St. Maarten, and to bring our island’s local musical talent together with these artists is sure to bring forth a unique, incredible concert,” said St Maarten Tourism Minister Stuart Johnson. What’s more, we look forward to the opportunities this collaboration will bring forth for these exceptional St Maarteners, and can’t wait to see them showcase their musical gifts on the main stage.””

047E8753-23FD-4522-A277-5C1F6F703D4B.jpeg

Schedule of events: stmaartenevents.com

jbiza

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks to be a real good time to be in St. Maarten. ;)

Music & fun in the sun! :cool:

Chrispee

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Haha I’m solidly in the Ja Rule demographic (so fairly old). If you asked my 19 year old niece who he is, she would only know him because of his involvement in the botched Fyre Festival.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
You know you're getting old when you don't recognize the names of any of the performers!! :oops:o_O;)

Time to check YouTube & Wikipedia .

Haha I’m solidly in the Ja Rule demographic (so fairly old). If you asked my 19 year old niece who he is, she would only know him because of his involvement in the botched Fyre Festival.

So over age 40 -

Ja Rule - Jeffrey Bruce Atkins
born 1976 - Hollis Queens NY

Ashanti - Ashanti Shequoiya Douglas
born 1980 - Glen Cove NY

YouTube - Always on Time - released 2001 / 2002 - topped Billboards Top 100.

Trivia - (having just watched the video)
Are they eating TRIX cereal ?
What year is the 4 door Lincoln Convertible ?

Last edited:

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
You're all just young whipper snappers!! :D:D:D

I turn 70 this year. I was in Grade 9 when the Beatles first came to North America and appeared on the Ed Sullivan show in 1964...an early baby boomer...that's my demographic. :p:p

Which ties into the Lincoln Continental in the video, which I can identify, since it's from my era. Not enough detailed view of the grill and so on to pin down the year for sure, but it looks like a 1966 or 1967! One of my favourites!! :cool:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
You're all just young. ....
I turn 70 this year. I was in Grade 9 when the Beatlea .....

Which ties into the Lincoln Continental in the video, which I can identify, since it's from my era. Not enough detailed view of the grill and so on to pin down the year for sure, but it looks like a 1966 or 1967! One of my favourites!! :cool:

IF it is a 1966 - I was 11 when it came out of the factory .
1966 is my guess based on rewinding the YouTube a couple of times and comparing it
to pictures I googled - 4 door Lincoln Convertibles .

I did know the song / wouldn't have know who made it .
Car radio song -good one !

Should be a good Carnival in St. Maarten .

Last edited:

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Time to check YouTube & Wikipedia .

So over age 40 -

Ja Rule - Jeffrey Bruce Atkins
born 1976 - Hollis Queens NY

Ashanti - Ashanti Shequoiya Douglas
born 1980 - Glen Cove NY

YouTube - Always on Time - released 2001 / 2002 - topped Billboards Top 100.

Trivia - (having just watched the video)
Are they eating TRIX cereal ?
What year is the 4 door Lincoln Convertible ?

Video from Youtube:

Ja Rule - Always On Time featuring Ashanti