• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

As of Sept 1st, minimum 2 night stay at WM resorts

overthehill

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark since 1998 - Stayed at WM 61 resorts so far, but slowing down
This morning, 09/05/2020, I called Vacation Planning to book Bonus Time at Birch Bay for one night (only one was available) and was told that effective September 1st, there is a now (2) night minimum requirement for all WM resorts no matter what day of the week. As WM owners know, there has been a two night minimum over weekends when booking, but if only one night was available, it could be booked. With this new policy, a bad one at that, single night openings will go unused. One has to ask, What moron thought such a policy benefits the owners?
This is another example demonstrating the continuing deterioration of benefits of owning WorldMark credits, especially for owners like us who owned WM long before Wyndham bought Trendwest and began the process of devaluing WM ownership.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Seems more like a recognition of the greater degree of time, effort, and cost to turn over a room during the COVID public health emergency. This is probably particularly the case with situations where there was only a single night available for bonus time at the resort; someone had the room the night before and the night after already, so they couldn't just put off cleaning and sanitizing it to manage the workload on the support staff. I'm just happy they haven't raised the cost of housekeeping or imposed additional costs to cover the higher ones on bonus time, etc.

BTW, this was announced in an email I received a couple of weeks ago along with changing the checkout time to 10:00 a.m. instead of noon. Hopefully these changes will expire once there is a vaccine or herd immunity to the virus is in place.

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
Yup, I posted about this about 2 weeks ago, but with a focus on the 10am checkout instead. I’ve actually called vacation planning & asked whether this is temporary or permanent and both policies seem to be temporary.... ALLEGEDLY.

overthehill

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark since 1998 - Stayed at WM 61 resorts so far, but slowing down
Seems more like a recognition of the greater degree of time, effort, and cost to turn over a room during the COVID public health emergency. This is probably particularly the case with situations where there was only a single night available for bonus time at the resort; someone had the room the night before and the night after already, so they couldn't just put off cleaning and sanitizing it to manage the workload on the support staff. I'm just happy they haven't raised the cost of housekeeping or imposed additional costs to cover the higher ones on bonus time, etc.

BTW, this was announced in an email I received a couple of weeks ago along with changing the checkout time to 10:00 a.m. instead of noon. Hopefully these changes will expire once there is a vaccine or herd immunity to the virus is in place.
Good point! Let's hope it changes once Covid-19 comes under some sort of control

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Yep, hoping these are temporary ... and will roll back (reverse; go away) as the pandemic is overcome.

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
I had a one night stay which I booked prior to the new change. It was a 1 BR. We brought disinfectant wipes, and I wiped down every surface, switch, door knob, remote, handle, etc., and it took 15 mins. maximum. Their new cleaning policy seems excessive time wise.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I had a one night stay which I booked prior to the new change. It was a 1 BR. We brought disinfectant wipes, and I wiped down every surface, switch, door knob, remote, handle, etc., and it took 15 mins. maximum. Their new cleaning policy seems excessive time wise.

For the first time since last March, I was actually able to buy some disinfectant wipes in a store near my home three days ago. Might be supply chain issues getting enough to service a resort frequently and there may be more to it than just wiping down surfaces. Pre-COVID, I would be willing to wager, the support staff at WorldMark and other resorts didn't change the sheets in bedrooms that were obviously not used. Now, I believe they have to. There may be more to it as well.

davea0511

Reaction score
Seems like they should lift this requirement by now. Costing owners considerable money.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Seems like they should lift this requirement by now. Costing owners considerable money.