• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

As my very first girlfriend used to say, "R u nutz?"

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Could that be our infamous "greatest timeshare ever" $90K cash buyer? One has to wonder...

SOS8260456

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know. I was thinking the same thing. I was actually thinking, Is this REALLY one timeshare week? I kept thinking it has to be a fractional or something.

But, I guess, it could be. Can't believe someone would buy it in the first place.

Craigvince

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's hilarious!

I should send him an email and ask if he'd take $135k for it.. ;)

equitax

TUG Member
Reaction score
But the MF are so low compared to the purchase price!!!!!!

teepeeca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I should send him an email and ask if he'd take $135k for it.. ;)

You don't understand !!! He will PAY YOU $140k to take it off of his hands. :hysterical: That is the only scenario (that I can think of) that makes sense !!!:rofl:

Tony

Gophesjo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't want to start a bidding war, BUT, I'll take it off his hands for just 100K! ;)

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I don't think he will accept anything BUT $140,000. The auction was set up with no bidding, no minimum reserve, just a BUY IT NOW of $140,000.

Unlike TS salespersons who will speak glowingly of the place for THREE hours, this person has decided less is more with A ONE sentence description.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think he will accept anything BUT $140,000. The auction was set up with no bidding, no minimum reserve, just a BUY IT NOW of $140,000.

Unlike TS salespersons who will speak glowingly of the place for THREE hours, this person has decided less is more with A ONE sentence description.

Ok then, $75k

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's one of those companies that charged an upfront fee for advertising the seller's week, and is just doing what they said they are doing?

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
I know. I was thinking the same thing. I was actually thinking, Is this REALLY one timeshare week? I kept thinking it has to be a fractional or something.

But, I guess, it could be. Can't believe someone would buy it in the first place.

Actually this is probably a one week timeshare. A couple of years ago Westgate tried to get me to give them my four bedroom lock off (in Orlando that I bought on the resale market) and $80,000.00 for a four bedroom unit in Planet Hollywood (and it was not a penthouse).:hysterical: Of course I told them they could go fly a kite in an electrical storm! They asked me how was I able to by a four bedroom WG on the resale market because they did not allow that and always exrecised the ROFR on those units.:ponder: I told them I would be glad to provide them with a copy of the document. Eventually I told them if you give me $xx,xxx for my unit then I will write you a check for the $x,xxx difference (had no intentions) and take the PH unit. They said...oh, we can't do that. I said....ooooooohhhh, well I can't do your deal either! That ended the owner update session. I can believe that they did talk someone into buying into PH (in the $100,000 range:( ) by telling them the unit can be divided up into four weeks (which it can) and all the other mumbo jumbo!

Jim

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Somebody wasted $35 on ebay fees...

Rob

If it doesn't sell, we will see it relisted for $140,035 or $140,070 if they want to cover those fees too.

Craigvince

TUG Member
Reaction score
I offered him $135k for it. He said OK, but that was his bottom line.
At least now we know.
HAHA

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I offered him $135k for it. He said OK, but that was his bottom line.
At least now we know.
HAHA

He is going to hate you if and when he ever finds his way to TUG.

andex

TUG Member
Reaction score
Of course I told them they could go fly a kite in an electrical storm!:hysterical:

lotus5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Compassion

You really do have to feel sorry for the guy who has this TS. We can only imagine what the purchase price was. (ouch) $140k will buy a nice 4BR house in LV right now.:bawl:

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interestingly, this listing seems to provide the seller's home address (in Florida) where the seller was supposed to list the property's address (in Las Vegas.)

Lately ebay has not been charging to list stuff. They only charge you when it sells. Since it hasn't sold yet, the seller isn't out any money.
While eBay does allow 50 free listings a month, real estate listings are not included, unfortunately. Real estate listings (including timeshares for sale) are still a minimum of $35 each. In my opinion, this makes eBay a poor deal for listing most timeshares for sale.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Grand Waikikian in the Hilton Hawaiian Village - 135K

You really do have to feel sorry for the guy who has this TS. We can only imagine what the purchase price was. (ouch) $140k will buy a nice 4BR house in LV right now.:bawl:

I understand that the 3 BR Penthouses at the Grand Waikikian in the Hilton Hawaiian Village sold for or are being sold for $135K from Hilton.

Reaction score
A person can take that $140,000 and buy 933,333 Wyndham points ($0.15/point) from any resort. I seriously doubt any resort will turn you away with that high of a Cashier's Check!

TS